Ship Repairs

With the removal of Helm and Crewchief positions, a captain has to take command of a ship in order to initiate repairs. Would propose that anyone on the Captain and Crew list can order repairs for ships in port without needing to take command of the ship.

Comments

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Or at least Deckhands
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    I'd be fine if they just finally fixed MAINTAIN HULL.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • Would be nice to see an artie that would let you start repairing while not aboard ship...perfect for those captains who can't be arsed to walk halfway across Sapience to start the repairs in person ;)

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Zbaco said:
    Would be nice to see an artie that would let you start repairing while not aboard ship...perfect for those captains who can't be arsed to walk halfway across Sapience to start the repairs in person ;)
    You have to repair once every... three IRL months? Longer?
    Huh. Neat.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    ship return go
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• ZahanZahan Valhalla
    Ahmet said:
    Zbaco said:
    Would be nice to see an artie that would let you start repairing while not aboard ship...perfect for those captains who can't be arsed to walk halfway across Sapience to start the repairs in person ;)
    You have to repair once every... three IRL months? Longer?

When I redock my cutter, I repair to full.  By the time it needs to be redocked again (within 2 ig years), it's down to < 30% hull.  Definitely closer to 1 month than 3.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • I was mostly joking, but it would be somewhat useful if you had several ships...less time running around maintaining them. Could have a slight morale penalty too, just to keep things fair...you know, the crew grouching about 'that lazy cap'n of ours, can't be arsed to come by and inspect us in person, why the hell do I bother, grumble gripe grumble...' Just a thought :)