Triggers with multi line match text (Nexus)

I want Nexus to react to two lines but only if they appear one after another. The lines' contents don't matter so to give an example let's say it's something like:

aaa
bbb

How do I match that using regular expressions? aaa$bbb doesn't work, aaa\nbbb and aaa\rbbb don't work either.

Answers

• ZahanZahan Valhalla
    Since no one with nexus experience posted, I'll offer a couple cents.

Each line from the mud is self-contained.  Within that single line is also other info, such as mxp or gmcp packets (which you don't see).  Sometimes that single line is super long and your client will break it into multiple lines on the screen, but it's still a single line from the mud.  LOOK is a fine example of this.

Assuming you know already for sure it's 2 seperate lines from the mud, then...

Every client I've ever used (which does not include nexus), parses just 1 line at a time with settings at normal.  In other clients, there is an option to make a specific trigger a multi-line trigger, in which case you'd use regexp like you've been trying.  Nexus might have automatic multi-line detection built into standard triggers but my guess is that it doesn't.  Guessing that, I'd look for some sort of option to make the trigger a multi-line trigger.

If it's not there, then my guess is @Tecton hasn't gotten to that yet.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    There's basic functionality in the "Wait for" scripting action, but that doesn't ensure that the lines are always contiguous, but if it's set for a 1 second threshold, you should be able to get most of the cases. Naturally, that depends on what you're trying to trigger, and if it can happen within that window but non-sequentially.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Could have a trigger for line 1 enable trigger for line 2, then have a catchall that disables trigger 2. That gets pretty messy though when you're talking about anything more than two lines.
    Huh. Neat.
  • excuse me for necroing this thread... how do you fetch the regex matches that are used in 'wait for' scripting action in a next action such as function or script? (i assume if it is something similar to multimatch in mudlet...?)

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.