What was your most frivolous Achaea purchase?

124»

Comments

• KelloniusKellonius Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    All of them, probably.
  • edited December 2016
    yesterday, i  brought 2k credits with aim to buy veil... unforunately... i got hit with 25 giftbags that i has to go through with...  it produced 5 golden bag thus far. all failed to upgrade above level 2(and just one was at level 3). I got 11 shrouds, 15 lifestones, 3 vouchers, and some clay chip(i forgot the counts...)

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Snap-buying a diadem when I was in the mid-sixties and not tritrans was probably pretty impulsive at the time (the price was about to go up on them, and I was hoping I could turn a profit on the trade-in).

Later down the road, now that I've gotten into combat more, and discovered that scythe is amazing, it's definitely one of my best purchases.
  • Keorin said:
    Snap-buying a diadem when I was in the mid-sixties and not tritrans was probably pretty impulsive at the time (the price was about to go up on them, and I was hoping I could turn a profit on the trade-in).

Later down the road, now that I've gotten into combat more, and discovered that scythe is amazing, it's definitely one of my best purchases.
    Don't feel bad, I'm fairly sure I conned @Jadys into buying one as her first artie as a runie.
  • edited January 2017
    Shirszae said:
    Probably the lvl3 bastard sword which most everyone told me I did not really need. Other than that, I love customising (and sometimes re-customising) everything I get my hands on, but I don't consider it frivolous as I actively enjoy having things with particular descriptions that fit my character.
    Always gauntlets, always >.o

myself, probably putting powers onto hairsticks and threatening bald people with no free artie powers.
  • Shirszae said:
    Probably the lvl3 bastard sword which most everyone told me I did not really need. 
    Eh, if you're not a serious fighter you don't need it, but the L3 bastard sword is sweet as hell and an A+ pick imo.
  • Nazihk said:
    Shirszae said:
    Probably the lvl3 bastard sword which most everyone told me I did not really need. 
    Eh, if you're not a serious fighter you don't need it, but the L3 bastard sword is sweet as hell and an A+ pick imo.
    There are far better things you can spend those 800 credits on, which will give you much better returns, though. It's only an A+ pick if the alternative is not buying anything else because you already have everything.
  • I wish I'd got a lvl 2 and something else instead of a lvl 3

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Aktillum said:
     My dad was pretty pissed off when they started to make the automatic withdrawals from my bank account, since, with a little help from Microsoft Paint, my paystub made me qualify for a much larger loan than any 16yo should actually qualify for.
    That's just brilliant. I don't know why I never thought of that. (Goodness knows I have used Paint to make some of my own documents at times for other reasons.)

My most frivolous purchase was probably my Staff of Illusion. I rarely use it and have not loaned it out in real life years, yet I still hold on to it.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• I'd say the whole Death promo. Getting a crap ton of globes to get death talisman pieces to complete a set that rendered a scythe for the UW, which got closed forever, and now you can't get into if you're not in a city (unless I missed something). I still have a bunch of undead pets to sell (buy them please!) and don't use half the talismans I actually put together from it - but zero regrets on the several death capes I made out of it and gave to friends or sold.

Also a Lupine bow, which I think I have used a grand total of once in seriousness and maybe 3 other times dicking around.

Luckily, after doing what a lot of people have mentioned and class swapping or trading in artes only to buy them back over the years and various IRE games, I learned to just hold onto them even if I don't think I'm using them or ever will, because it never fails that eventually I do.
  • Apart from the death promo, I would say my medallion of enchantment. I bought it randomly when asked to make 500 eye sigils because I didn't feel like sitting in the enchantment room for the next few hours. I've used it a few times since then, but can say I've made nowhere near as much as the cost of it back in sales. 
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Nataliia said:
    ... the UW, which got closed forever, and now you can't get into if you're not in a city (unless I missed something)....
    Underrealm is the new area, not Underworld

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Underrealm is open to everyone. Underworld is closed temporarily, but will be coming back.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Probably my house. 
    I love my house. But it has cost me about 10000 credits to build and decorate. 
    I love my house

• Veil for sure. It hurts me.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Sarathai said:
    Torinn said:
    Veil for sure. It hurts me.
    This is probably a bad time to note that I got my veil by buying 100cr and getting a giftbag that happened to have a veil in it. I'm pretty sure the universe was smiling on me that day.
    I hate you now.
  • Sarathai said:
    Torinn said:
    Veil for sure. It hurts me.
    This is probably a bad time to note that I got my veil by buying 100cr and getting a giftbag that happened to have a veil in it. I'm pretty sure the universe was smiling on me that day.
    Free. From the Wheel. Twice.

Still pretty convinced that used up my Achaean good karma forevah :pensive:
  • And I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever 

ever

let you live it down. 

(ever)
  • Israyhl said:
    And I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever 

ever

let you live it down. 

(ever)
    Don't I know it. I'd have given you the second one if I could have! Instead I'm buying earrings for us. So win-win? ^_^
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    A bottomless vial of health for 1005cr.

Did I mention Hyperlith's been trans concoctions (or whatever) for nearly 15 years?

No more will I use my pot for health!

• Hyperlith said:
    A bottomless vial of health for 1005cr.

Did I mention Hyperlith's been trans concoctions (or whatever) for nearly 15 years?

No more will I use my pot for health!
    You can always give it to me! You won't need to break from your established routine that way.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."