What have you designed today?

Comments

• Tahquil said:
    Short description or room description?

It use to be (not sure if still is) the pet name was the core item and so had to be in the short description.
    Both, really.

Definitely not still the case, and hasn't been for at least three years, I think (not sure when I got my pet). My pet has a name, which is the base item you see when you do II/IH, but it's not mentioned in any of the descriptions.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    I don't find the concept of named weapons inherently wrong, BM swords provide precedent that we can all recognize particular weapons like we recognize people, (or just a matter of suspension of disbelief) but I do think naming your own weapon is a touch pretentious, implying that your weapon is so legendary that all of us should all know its name on sight. I place it in the same category of titling yourself "Sir" without having earned it through a Knight org, or insisting through some other means that your character is more famous and renowned than in reality.

I don't think it's cardinal sin or anything, and certainly there have been some player-named weapons that have become legendary after the fact, (Koraji's Lightsbane and the Manifestation of Hatred come to mind) but I will always prefer it when such "legendary" items come from Gods, denizens, or some other special means, rather than just plunking down 50cr. Just my personal stance.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Kyrra said:
    RIP Raindrops and Snowflakes, the best logosian broadswords I ever owned :(
    Whiskers on Kittens and Warm Woolen Mittens
  • I get kind of nervous about posting stuff I've done because yeah... but this got approved!

an ethereal hood of frost

Woven entirely from spider-silk this silvery hood is lightweight and semi-translucent. A voluminous opening ensures that the hood falls forward when drawn up, concealing a considerable portion of the individual's features. Entirely seamless the garment looks to have no beginning or end, the glimmering spider-silk threads nearly devoid of all ornamentation. Minuscule runes are embroidered in icy-blue thread around the hood's edge, each of which glimmer with power. A pall of frost hangs over the face, further obscuring the features and ensuring each breath passes like frost in the winter air.
  • MaraxMarax The Scriptorium
    Nataliia said:
    Entirely seamless, the garment looks to have no beginning or end, 
    Forgot a comma :\
    (<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
    ^ Same problem in the first sentence as well.
    Nataliia said:
    each of which glimmer with power.
    "Each" is singular, so should be "glimmers."
  • Thanks to @Israyhl for the help in creating this, furthering Ryzeth's line of tundral / wolf-related equipment. I like how it turned out.

Appearance: Frostbite, a frigid mithril dirk
    Dropped: An icy dirk shimmers here, fractals of frost slowly creeping from where it lies.
    Examined: Ebony steel and mithril marry to form this slim dirk. Twined blades spiral around each other from the guard through the fuller, different gradients of mithril creating a shifting azure hue within the metal. The twirling blades, each side ground to a filament edge, come together to form a central ridge. As the mithril blends, it darkens to a pure, cool cerulean, the point of the dirk little more than a deadly silhouette. Contrasting sharply with the sapphire hues of mithril is the stark ebon-steel, deliberately conical quillion forming a guard for the hilt. Snowy white leather has been braided in a criss-cross fashion around the hilt, terminating sharply at the pommel. The steel of the pommel has been polished to a brilliant white, shaped into the form of a tundra wolf's head, its maw open in a definitive snarl of savagery with two glinting blood rubies serving as the predator's eyes. Perfectly suspended between the curved blades is a single piece of obsidian, carved into the shape of an eye. Runes ply upon the surface of the stone, encouraging motion within the obsidian's nest. Waves of cool air drip off the stone as it spins, fractals of frost dancing upon the stone's ebony surface.

:3
  •       

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Named swords and weapons are awesome. <3

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    Named swords and weapons are terrible. <3
    FTFY

edited July 2016
    Nah. They are awesome. They are honestly one of my favourite fantasy tropes <3

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Shirszae said:
    They're good so long as they actually have personal meaning and aren't over-used or abused. There's bound to be that one supernoob brandishing "Skullcrusher, Devourer of Souls" at the age of eighteen.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Shirszae said:
    They're good so long as they actually have personal meaning and aren't over-used or abused.
    This, but I still can't think of many people with named weapons as-is that are memorable to me in some way.

Maybe I'm just not looking or something.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• QwindorQwindor Fort Riley
    I made this sheath and finished yesterday for a customer. Pretty proud of it myself. Slowly getting better at doing my leatherwork.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    My shadowcloak customisation finally got approved (thank you customisation team for helping iron out the niggles)

Appearance: a fetish-adorned stormy-grey cloak
    Dropped: A fetish-adorned grey and white cloak lies in a dishevelled heap.
    Examined: Fashioned from a large square of white cotton with a stormy-grey border, the ichatilmahtli mixcehuapal has been expertly gathered and tied to be worn across the shoulders, the knot lying flat across the sternum of the wearer. The material is gathered at the neckline to form a hood, with the bulk of the cloak flowing down the back of the wearer to the ankles. Adorning the surface of the material are fetishes fashioned from turquoise, bone, amber, mirror stone and exotically coloured feathers. The tilmahtli cloak is edged and embroidered in gold thread, close inspection of the embroidery revealing a repeating motif of a whirlwind, accentuated with lightning bolts.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    the ichatilmahtli mixcehuapal has been expertly gathered

Oh yeah...that

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    It means "cotton cloak of clouded shadow". Not my fault you didn't spend hours researching :(

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Cloak's nice and all, this is all that popped into my head though. Courtesy of Lusternia divine, on what's overdone in IRE games.

yep.png 14.5K

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Cynlael said:
    Cloak's nice and all, this is all that popped into my head though. Courtesy of Lusternia divine, on what's overdone in IRE games.

Can you imagine Cyrenese coming out as french for people who couldn't speak it.

Or Mhaldorian being mandarin.

Hashani being hindi.

Ashtani being russian.

Targossas being arabic.

Eleusians being portuguese.

I'd be down for it. Let's do it. More random RL languages used ICly. Lets do it.
    Huh. Neat.
    The Mandarin used in the Mojushai House I always found distracting.
  • edited July 2016
    I dont want to spend hours researching to know what I should be able to recognise at a glance. : (
  • edited July 2016
    Ahmet said:

I'd be down for it. Let's do it. More random RL languages used ICly. Lets do it.
    Let's not and say we didn't. How about plain old fashioned English, for a game that is written and meant to be played in English. Keep other languages for clans that speak it (I dunno if that's a thing in Achaea, but Lusternia had a singaporean clan where they spoke uh.. I don't know which of the three they speak there, but it wasn't english. I think it was Tamil) 

I'd be down for a spanish clan  :o

• Thanks @Madelyne for the help :)

drop wolverine
    A sinister snarl echoes through the surroundings as a colossal undead wolverine makes his entrance.

Appearance: a colossal undead wolverine
    Dropped: As if from a nightmare, a gargantuan undead wolverine observes its surroundings.
    Examined: Closer to a grizzly than a hound in size, this immense undead wolverine radiates a ghastly black mist, its tendrils reaching out like skeletal fingers into the surrounding location. Powerful muscle and tough sinew wrap the wolverine's skeletal frame to create a topographic map beneath its tufted ebony fur. Gaunt limbs bend at sharp angles at the joints and give way to immense paws, their scarred pads ending in talon-like claws sharpened to deadly points. An ethereal green pulses along the beast's stomach and hind legs and casts an eerie underglow beneath the mist. The same glow emits the length of a barbed tail that sways, offering a menacing warning to any who might trifle with the wolverine or its owner. Slightly disproportionate to the rest of its body, the head of this powerful predator is exceptionally large with gleaming, sickly green eyes that flash with a baleful expression. A sinister smile set beneath the mustelid's ever-sniffing nose reveals rows of razor-sharp teeth that gleam like daggers waiting for spoil. Blood-stained straps of charred leather wraps across the creature's face and around its thick, skeletal neck, providing a sturdy handhold for the rider.

Enter: An immense, creeping shadow precedes the arrival of a colossal undead wolverine.
    Leave: Belying its immense size, a colossal undead wolverine silently departs.
    Death: Its ethereal glow faded, a colossal undead wolverine lies slain here.

Now for my dagger to be completed. Boo revisions.
  • AereidhnaAereidhna Dallas
    edited December 2016
    Some of the Logosmas presents...

earrings and a treasure box cake for @Phelia
    appearance: a miniature rosewood cello earring
    dropped: A miniature rosewood cello earring lies here, abandoned.
    examined: Exquisitely hand-carved from rosewood, the curvy frame of an ornamental cello dangles from a silver hook to form this earring. Every detail of the design is painstakingly recreated in miniature from the gut strings to the durian and horsehair bow crossing the body of the instrument at a diagonal angle. Lacquer lends a glossy finish to the rich texture of the rosewood.

Type: cake  Ingredients: 1 flour, 2 milk, 1 butter, 1 egg, 1 fruit, 2 sugar, 2 chocolate, 1 spice Cooked: yes
    Appearance (short_desc)
    a miniature treasure box cake
    Dropped (long_desc)
    A miniature treasure box cake rests on a golden plate.
    Examined (extended_desc)
    Milk chocolate frosting covers a rectangular miniature cake, coloured and worked to mimic the natural grain of a wooden box. Golden icing decorates the edges with intricate filigree scrollwork that comes together in a stylised clasp at the front of the piece. A line of darker chocolate frosting marks the separation of the lid from the rest of the box. The secret treasure within is revealed as sinfully decadent dark chocolate cake layered with delicate swathes of tart raspberry puree, the depth and richness of the cake enhanced with the ingredients of kawhe and vanilla extract.
    First Eaten
    Sweet milk chocolate frosting gives way to the sinful decadence of dark chocolate cake and tart raspberry puree, creating a symphony on the taste buds as you bite into a miniature treasure box cake.
    Third Eaten
    $+eater bites into a miniature treasure box cake, revealing the sinful decadence of dark chocolate cake and layers of raspberry puree beneath the milk chocolate frosting.
    Smell
    exudes the scent of rich chocolate with undertones of kawhe and fruit.
    Taste
    tastes of tart raspberry and decadent dark chocolate cake tempered with sweet frosting.

bracelet for @Rane
    Appearance: a nautical rope bracelet with an anchor clasp
    Dropped: A nautical rope bracelet with an anchor clasp lies here, abandoned.
    Examined: Dual strands of nautical rope intersect in a reef knot to form this masculine bracelet. The slender lengths of rope, dyed mariner blue, have been carefully treated and softened for comfort against the skin. A burnished copper clasp in the shape of a stylised anchor hooks through an eyelet to secure the piece to the wrist.
    manuscript for @Navarr
    Appearance: an artist's manuscript of patchwork purple velvet
    Dropped: Paint splatters an artist's manuscript of patchwork purple velvet.
    Examined: Sumptuous velvet in myriad shades of purple forms the covering of this artist's manuscript, inviting to the touch. The decadently soft material is worn in places by frequent use, not quite exposing the exquisite leather binding beneath. Solid patches of deep mulberry, violet, and indigo alternate with complementary floral prints of lilac and smoky amethyst in a kaleidoscope of patchwork colour. A few errant splotches of paint mark the fabric in contrasting rainbow hues. Braided violet ribbon, neatly tied into a bow, encircles the manuscript to hold it closed. A matching length of ribbon is sewn into the binding, used to mark the page of a current project. The handcrafted, oversized sheets of creamy parchment within contain scattered orchid, jacaranda, and crocus petals, evidence of the flower varieties used in their making. The thematic purple petals lend splashes of colour and a variant texture that adds depth to any piece, though the parchment is thick enough to prime for a variety of other colour palettes. Metallic silver thread sewn into the fabric at the centre of the front cover embroiders the letters 'NAT' in small, delicate script.

• Aereidhna said:
    Some of the Logosmas presents...

earrings and a treasure box cake for @Phelia
    appearance: a miniature rosewood cello earring
    dropped: A miniature rosewood cello earring lies here, abandoned.
    examined: Exquisitely hand-carved from rosewood, the curvy frame of an ornamental cello dangles from a silver hook to form this earring. Every detail of the design is painstakingly recreated in miniature from the gut strings to the durian and horsehair bow crossing the body of the instrument at a diagonal angle. Lacquer lends a glossy finish to the rich texture of the rosewood.

Type: cake  Ingredients: 1 flour, 2 milk, 1 butter, 1 egg, 1 fruit, 2 sugar, 2 chocolate, 1 spice Cooked: yes
    Appearance (short_desc)
    a miniature treasure box cake
    Dropped (long_desc)
    A miniature treasure box cake rests on a golden plate.
    Examined (extended_desc)
    Milk chocolate frosting covers a rectangular miniature cake, coloured and worked to mimic the natural grain of a wooden box. Golden icing decorates the edges with intricate filigree scrollwork that comes together in a stylised clasp at the front of the piece. A line of darker chocolate frosting marks the separation of the lid from the rest of the box. The secret treasure within is revealed as sinfully decadent dark chocolate cake layered with delicate swathes of tart raspberry puree, the depth and richness of the cake enhanced with the ingredients of kawhe and vanilla extract.
    First Eaten
    Sweet milk chocolate frosting gives way to the sinful decadence of dark chocolate cake and tart raspberry puree, creating a symphony on the taste buds as you bite into a miniature treasure box cake.
    Third Eaten
    $+eater bites into a miniature treasure box cake, revealing the sinful decadence of dark chocolate cake and layers of raspberry puree beneath the milk chocolate frosting.
    Smell
    exudes the scent of rich chocolate with undertones of kawhe and fruit.
    Taste
    tastes of tart raspberry and decadent dark chocolate cake tempered with sweet frosting.

bracelet for @Rane
    Appearance: a nautical rope bracelet with an anchor clasp
    Dropped: A nautical rope bracelet with an anchor clasp lies here, abandoned.
    Examined: Dual strands of nautical rope intersect in a reef knot to form this masculine bracelet. The slender lengths of rope, dyed mariner blue, have been carefully treated and softened for comfort against the skin. A burnished copper clasp in the shape of a stylised anchor hooks through an eyelet to secure the piece to the wrist.
    manuscript for @Navarr
    Appearance: an artist's manuscript of patchwork purple velvet
    Dropped: Paint splatters an artist's manuscript of patchwork purple velvet.
    Examined: Sumptuous velvet in myriad shades of purple forms the covering of this artist's manuscript, inviting to the touch. The decadently soft material is worn in places by frequent use, not quite exposing the exquisite leather binding beneath. Solid patches of deep mulberry, violet, and indigo alternate with complementary floral prints of lilac and smoky amethyst in a kaleidoscope of patchwork colour. A few errant splotches of paint mark the fabric in contrasting rainbow hues. Braided violet ribbon, neatly tied into a bow, encircles the manuscript to hold it closed. A matching length of ribbon is sewn into the binding, used to mark the page of a current project. The handcrafted, oversized sheets of creamy parchment within contain scattered orchid, jacaranda, and crocus petals, evidence of the flower varieties used in their making. The thematic purple petals lend splashes of colour and a variant texture that adds depth to any piece, though the parchment is thick enough to prime for a variety of other colour palettes. Metallic silver thread sewn into the fabric at the centre of the front cover embroiders the letters 'NAT' in small, delicate script.

I'm usually overly critical on things I haven't designed, and ridiculously on things that I have, but I have to say I like just about everything on these. GG.

• Thanks, @Trey! I really love your work and it means a lot that you'd say that.
  • Yaaas. There Trey, this one isn't named.

Appearance: a shadowy, mist-wreathed dagger
    Dropped: Shrouded in an icy mist, a dagger lies here discreetly among the shadows.
    Examined: Rolling coils of mist form the blade of this fierce weapon, a fine layer of frost completely disguising its base material. Misty tendrils undulating around the jagged edge lash out in an erratic reminder of the weapon's sinister aura. The blade itself thrums, the constant pulsing creating an aciculate, barely discernible whisper to the surroundings. Frost-hued leather provides a comfortable grip between the base of the blade and the bottom of the handle where an intricately carved pommel takes the form of a rabid beast. Born of the most sinister nightmares, the eyes of the creature glow a blue reminiscent of new fallen snow in the furthest reaches of the tundra. The teeth, polished to a high sheen, flash with a voracious gleam at the slightest movement, a warning to anyone who might cross the blade's master.
    Cataleya said:
    Possessed by an ethereal luminescence beneath the night sky, the 
    crystal lotus reflects the silvery light of the stars.
    Should be "possessed of."