New Diablo Season

Anyone else playing in the new Diablo 3 season?

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I might, but I'm kind of burned out because seasons are so short now.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited January 2017
    I actually just started after getting roped back into D3 recently. Slowly but surely working my way through the chapter challenges. Feel free to add me: UNST3RBLICH#1741 (Americas).

Also, found a Transmog set that made my Crusader look sorta like a Samurai. 

• edited January 2017
    My boyfriend just got D3 and Reaper, so the past couple of days we've been ploughing through so we can do the anniversary event... only to find out most of the achieves and such are solo play. :D Not sure if I'm going to make a seasonal - I usually do, but don't play often enough to actually get anything from it.

Also, @Kresslack That transmog is amazing. As the bf said "10/10, would shiver his timbers"
    meh

edited January 2017
    The last of my pc parts came today, so I'll probably hop on if not to only experience d3 at more than 35-40 fps
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
    Trilliana said:
    My boyfriend just got D3 and Reaper, so the past couple of days we've been ploughing through so we can do the anniversary event... only to find out most of the achieves and such are solo play. :D Not sure if I'm going to make a seasonal - I usually do, but don't play often enough to actually get anything from it.

Also, @Kresslack That transmog is amazing. As the bf said "10/10, would shiver his timbers"

As I was told last night, there's a katana transmog but it's a 2-handed so not able to use it for this build. It's odd because I'm doing a Thorns based build with this Crusader, which uses the Invoker set, which is also both the Season set reward and I'm finding a lot of the pieces just going through the challenges.

I want necromancers. D :<
    Can't wait for Necromancer to make a return. Maybe Druid will as well, eventually.

Also, do the Anniversary thing this month (only time you can do it), but recommend doing so with a fresh character. To make this easier, get an Gem of Ease level 25 and use it to revert the level requirement for a lvl 70 weapon to 1. If you want to go all out, can add Sunder and Hellfire items too.

I'm probably going to go for it after I finish my Season challenges. Friend is doing is right now and apparently you get a special pet if you complete it with a fresh character, along with all kinds of other drops and rewards just for going through it. It's also a nostalgic experience.

I couldn't do it on my old computer. The old-style overlay brought me down to about 10 fps at best. ):
  • I did the fresh character thing for the anniversary event... on Hard though - got to level 23 when I hit the Dark Lord boss. I'm only missing the portrait frames and I honestly don't really care about those much.
    meh

Finished the season,  just have about 3 more challenges for the Slayer reward. Then will try the anniversary part. 

• Man... That realization that you don't recognize half the names on your B.net friends list. But... finally trying to complete Seasonal tasks for the first time and halfway (or more) done at this point!
    meh

edited January 2017
    I've finished my Season challenges and did the Anniversary thing last night. Got the Butcher pet and the Royal Cow pet.

Also changed up my Crusader look:

• @Israyhl and I are playing this season and doing the anniversary thing. Have done the latter several times and still need to do it a few more apparently since we haven't gotten all the spec groups to show up yet. Been lamenting not having my set bonuses though, with having to start over for the season. On the bright side, I finally have a level 70 wizard. I'm a slow D3 player... I tend to have SQUIRREL!! syndrome. AKA -- BUT THERE MIGHT BE A TREASURE GOBLIN! I HAVE TO OPEN THE WHOLE MAP TO MAKE SURE THERE ISN'T ONE!
  • And then I am reminding her, "BOUNTY IS DONE LETS MOVE ON". Then, of course, we hear the Treasure Goblin cry of glee and she acts triumphant and we move onto the next area to scour every inch for another goblin. 
    If you to breeze through the Anniversary thing, get a Gem of Ease and level it to 25 then take a level 70 dagger (usable by all classes) and transmute the two. It removes the level requirement.

You can also get the plans to make a Hellfire ring and amulet from Squirt the Peddler in Act 2, which not only make you practically invincible but offer huge xp bonuses.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Hellfire rings are rubbish unless that's been changed recently.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I have literally never been able to make a useful Hellfire ring. Just a waste of mats. :/
    You use it as a solo new character leveling item for the bonus experience, since it has no level requirement. Add it with a Hellfire amulet for the health per second and per hit, and your level 1 character can solo rush itself and be practically invincible in the early stages.

• The mats for a hellfire ring are trivial to get. You can probably kill all 4 keywardens and clear all 4 special boss fights in less than 15 minutes. Then you make the ring on your new solo character and enjoy the huge stat boost and +45% experience gain. 
    Yeah, they're pretty easy to get. The only part that might be an issue for people starting out is the 5mil cost for each of the plans, but if you find someone with a puzzle ring that's quickly fixed.

And you can craft them on any character and just throw them in your stash for when you want to roll a new one.

The lack of puzzle rings so far has been irritating.
  • I've gotten 3@ level 30 and 42 on seasonal hardcore. I would be higher but playing with others means I sit tight and wait a lot
  • edited January 2017
    I don't really know what season play is tbh. I play quite a bit, I just usually run greater rifts and all that jazz trying to hit paragon 800 so I can max all my stats. I'm 298 right now, always up for playing with people though! My b.net is NoneLikeRob#1560

Here is my character BTW http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/NoneLikeRob-1560/hero/64827439
    edited January 2017
    Elsam said:
    I don't really know what season play is tbh. I play quite a bit, I just usually run greater rifts and all that jazz trying to hit paragon 800 so I can max all my stats. I'm 298 right now, always up for playing with people though! My b.net is NoneLikeRob#1560

Here is my character BTW http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/NoneLikeRob-1560/hero/64827439
    Seasons are a way to unlock special rewards by completing various challenges throughout the season, from pets, frames, items, sets, etc. You have to start a season with a Fresh, lvl 1 Seasonal character, but at the end of the season that character and all of it's gear, etc move over into regular place.

You can also Rebirth a currently existing regular play character into a Season, but it'll reset to lvl 1.

I have run so many rifts and grifts and still have yet to find even the meanest dagger of darts or traveler's pledge. Tons of compass roses though.
    Jonathin said:
    I have run so many rifts and grifts and still have yet to find even the meanest dagger of darts or traveler's pledge. Tons of compass roses though.
    Try to use the Cube and see if you can get one with either upgrades or set changes.

• Can't cube a two-item set, has to have at least three items to convert a set item.
  • Dagger of darts isn't too bad to cube.

I'm not able to play much because school is going crazy and my little ones are determined to give me the plague, but I main witch doctor and don't mind loot sharing if I find time to play again @Mosr

• @Finkle I'm a monk main but rolled a WD for the season. Any recommended builds? I dont know the first thing about WD.
    Necromancer released last month and the new season just started. Lemme know if you play and want a bump.