Looking Back And Looking Forward!

Well, folks! What an insane year 2016 was! Alongside the massive events that spanned the year, we saw a slew of developments and new additions to Achaea. Here's the rundown in case you missed any of it while investigating events or fighting off the invasion of the Black Tide:

The Seafaring overhaul begun in 2015 was completed! Seamonsters now lurk in the darkest blue awaiting the brave or lost, the ship trades have seen some much needed love, and plundering of cargo joins the reworked skillset. Ship vs ship combat has now moved fully into its own conflict sphere.

Achaea's shrine system took a big hit when the Tsol'teth began their invasion, but with the victory of the overland (yes, that's you!) these shrines are returning with some new features. This gives Orders new and exciting avenues to oppose one another and lay claim to various locations around Achaea. Success upon the land will enable Orders to access the legendary battlefield of Nishnatoba to fight for essence and enable great miracles.

After his failed attempt to occupy Delos, Phileo and his crew signed on with Lord Prospero and now run the new combat rankings system at the Matsuhama arena. We hope that this promotes a more dynamic and variable experience.

You all got a first glimpse at a territory control system when fighting for Aegis in the Underworld, this will almost certainly find its way into the future war system!

Dragons gained traits and armoursmiths across the land rejoiced as artefact armour arrived.

We're really pleased to offer Depthswalkers, Achaea's newest class! That's 18 now! Those who have taken up this can visit with Kosuira in the distant past to learn the secrets of these strange arts.

Lafin and Ophal made their presence known this summer, introducing a faction known as the Dauntless. Membership of this crazy cadre is on an IC yearly basis and open to anyone who simply wants to fight.

The advent of the Dauntless paired with the XP deficit system! XP deficit is generated when a player dies at the hands of another player, members of The Dauntless earn 20% of their experience deficit back (provided they have one) per player kill. Members of the Quisalis or Ivory organisations will gain 25% back as per their Mark status.

Old antagonists returned and new enemies made their nefarious selves known as the year was filled with events that spanned planes and factions alike. Strange deaths plagued the land, we said goodbye to Lord Thoth, witnessed the sentencing of Slith, placed Ugrach in charge of death, fought to establish the political system in the Underworld, saved the overland from the return of the Tsol'teth, saw a daughter-figure die, twice, and watched a God rise.

On top of all this, classleads, ideas, and bug fixing have enabled constant tweaks, fixes, and additions to the game we all know and love. Our dedication to this side of development will remain through into 2017 as we strive to provide the best gaming experience for you all that we can.

Speaking of 2017...

Here's a little of what you can expect from us over the next 12 months!

With the shrine system now completed, we'll be looking to add further miracles to the rewards system, maintaining our direction of allowing the various gods to theme things their way.

Additionally, we'll be looking at options to add more individualised customisations to other orgs, cities, houses, and potentially clans.

War! After some interesting tests this year, we hope to incorporate certain aspects and breathe some life back into War!, making this a more viable conflict option for the various organisations of Achaea.

Hunting and exploration! Plans are in the works to introduce a slew of new, related areas, each with their own stories to explore, puzzles to solve, and obstacles to overcome! Not only will these flesh out some of our existing races, but you'll also see a number of new races and faces walking the land.

Our ongoing priority of refinement will continue on through 2017, bringing with it more classlead rounds, and our continued efforts to polish existing systems, implement your ideas, and generally make Achaea a smooth, exciting, and enjoyable experience for all playstyles.

The Underworld will return, Furnishing bugs and expansions will be resolved (this is a priority for us), the Itinerant Bazaar will ply its wares once again, Phileo's been muttering about wares for those Delosian Eagles, and we'll likely see more from the Pantheon's newest member, Tlalaiad. On top of all this, you'll all have the chance to compete for that epitome of accolades, the Staff of Nicator during the Year 750 games in the fall!

We're looking forward to sharing an exciting 2017 with you all!

Mak and Nic.

Comments

• omfg UW and eagles!!! yaaay
  • Came to play Achaea at the butt end of the year, but it's been very fun. Looking forward to the brand new year!
     <3 
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited January 2017
    I have to take leave for y750  if I want to compete :( Hope you guys can give us more concrete dates for events beforehand so I can lock down my leave days early >_> 

• ^ I have the exact same question. This was something I was really looking forward to.
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    ^ Turns out the cultists have been contacted by a contingent of Elgan from a place called Scatterhome...
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    With the shrine system now completed, we'll be looking to add further miracles to the rewards system, maintaining our direction of allowing the various gods to theme things their way.

Additionally, we'll be looking at options to add more individualised customisations to other orgs, cities, houses, and potentially clans.

I'm assuming that stuff will be unavailable to Orders with dormant or mostly dormant Gods?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• @Kayeil We generally create things with a generic message in place (see the crusade onset flavour) which all Orders start with, then active Gods can alter these to suit their specific style/realm/theme. This makes sure that everything is available to all of the Orders, but that we're not getting the style wrong when it comes to specific flavour.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Nicola said:
    @Kayeil We generally create things with a generic message in place (see the crusade onset flavour) which all Orders start with, then active Gods can alter these to suit their specific style/realm/theme. This makes sure that everything is available to all of the Orders, but that we're not getting the style wrong when it comes to specific flavour.
    Awesome, I'm glad we'll still maintain some degree of access without being totally left behind in checking out the new stuff that becomes available. Thank you!
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Nicola said:
    The Seafaring overhaul begun in 2015 was completed! Seamonsters now lurk in the darkest blue awaiting the brave or lost, the ship trades have seen some much needed love, and plundering of cargo joins the reworked skillset. Ship vs ship combat has now moved fully into its own conflict sphere.
    Did anyone catch what replaced the Mayan Crown trade deals? We were told a different prize would be added to the mix when they were taken out, but I have yet to see what it is.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I don't think anything was added in their place which is unfortunate, as the crowns were the best deal out of all of them...

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• @Kazuya holding them feet to the fire, I like it.
  • As ol' clinton would say:

• Nicola said:

Lies, you still owe us one very promised awesome new trade deal.