Shrine Phase 3/Crusades - Final Form!

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Bann said:
    Looks pretty cool so far. Not sure why Ashtani wouldn't fight Ashtani, though. Maybe it's against the law or something, not sure. We're usually pretty chill, though. Would have to see what @Ryldagh has to say about it/ask him IC.
    I think the real (ic) issue is Ashtani citizens actively working against divine citizens, especially their current and very active (and very violent) Patron.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Babels Spear is way more violent. 

• Ahmet said:
    Bann said:
    Looks pretty cool so far. Not sure why Ashtani wouldn't fight Ashtani, though. Maybe it's against the law or something, not sure. We're usually pretty chill, though. Would have to see what @Ryldagh has to say about it/ask him IC.
    I think the real (ic) issue is Ashtani citizens actively working against divine citizens, especially their current and very active (and very violent) Patron.
    I dunno, during shardfalls the Nihilists' priority order was Babel > Aegis > Vastar > lols. I don't think it'd be that bad.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I can't see the Nihilists attacking Vastar's shrine, but given that Aegis is Patron and his Order isn't bound to Ashtan (or even allied for that matter) I could see people in that order hitting whatever shrines they wanted regardless.

I think it just really depends on the Divine and whether they are fine with Order members beating on each other. Those that love combat probably would enjoy it. I know when Vastar was around, he was fine with killing Eleusian Farethi if we had to raid the city or vice versa with Eleusis in Ashtan. 

Can always hunt up more essence!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited December 2016
    Ahmet said:
    No. Order members from ANY order can enter Nish during a crusade (unless I read it wrong).
    After that point, an order member may TOUCH their Master Shrine on the Prime Material Plane which will initiate a channel. Once the channel completes, they will be moved to a random room in the area on the Plane of Nishnatoba where their God's True Master Shrine is located.

I think maybe you read it wrong. It sounds like it's only available to that particular order and people who follow the order member who touches their master shrine.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Marisella said:
    Ahmet said:
    No. Order members from ANY order can enter Nish during a crusade (unless I read it wrong).
    After that point, an order member may TOUCH their Master Shrine on the Prime Material Plane which will initiate a channel. Once the channel completes, they will be moved to a random room in the area on the Plane of Nishnatoba where their God's True Master Shrine is located.

I think maybe you read it wrong. It sounds like it's only available to that particular order and people who follow the order member who touches their master shrine.
    I understood it that only Order members can touch the Master Shrine, but anyone at all can follow that Order member to gain access to Nishnatoba.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Marisella said:
    Ahmet said:

When a crusade starts, all Orders can participate. Each Order accesses Nishnatoba through their own Divine's Master Shrine.
  • Nicola said:
    @Antidas We'll keep an eye on this, but you might find that the more hidden master shrines are actually a detriment. I.E in the case that you want to take a cannon fodder force of non-order folks to Nishnatoba to help defend you (attack everyone else) when you go crusading.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I don't really see how this is a detriment. If I want to take a cannon fodder force to Nish, I'll just take them into my temple and bring them in via the master shrine. Can't imagine any order would worry themselves about letting allied citizens into their temple for all of 10 seconds when the alternative is not having the force you need to ensure your enemies don't get overwhelming amounts of power!

• I thought a lot of orders had their Master shrines in their temples now.

I'm assuming camping Master shrines won't be optimal, because the order members aren't open pk until they arrive in Nish and because the assaulting order will want to be in Nish gathering essence.

It could be a problem if Mark-heavy orders with no ally order to access Nish through got camped, but I thought Aurora's shrine was in her temple too now and I'm pretty sure Sartan's is, Babel's is, Deucalion's is. Not sure about Artemis/Gaia. I don't think it'll realistically be a problem.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Stop talking about it and bloody start one already. Sheesh.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Twilight's is the one I forsee experiencing notable problems. In a forest that is accessible only through another forest.
     <3 
  • Mathilda said:
    Twilight's is the one I forsee experiencing notable problems. In a forest that is accessible only through another forest.
    Time to forestbind!
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited December 2016
    Ohh, I get it. Only the Order who initiates the crusade can beseech to degrade a shrine on Nishnatoba, but all Orders can use their master shrine to travel to Nishnatoba to defend and gather essence. I thought it was individualised Order versus Order crusades.
  • Mathilda said:
    Twilight's is the one I forsee experiencing notable problems. In a forest that is accessible only through another forest.
    Also they have a bug up their ass about 'secret members' and all that jazz, so I can totally see them refusing to participate in it because they don't want anybody to know that they have people in the Order.
  • Ok, let me see.

Re the avatar concerns: I'd not worry about this. The time investment to get avatar is pretty extreme, and it does not last long. Because it drains all stolen essence regardless, its mechanically impossible to have multiple avatars in one order at any time. Its intended as a very rare thing (a huge order achievement) and if it becomes otherwise we'll adjust the costs until that is the case.

Picking on small orders: this is basically the worst strategic move you can make. The only thing your choice of target influences is who you want to inconvenience with the negative side effects of having a badly damaged Master Shrine: by design you are going to be fighting everyone regardless, so your choice can not dictate anything in that respect and the smart choice is to degrade one of your enemies to get maximum value out of your essence.

As for timezone abuse/off hours, I'm sure this'll come up. However, its magnitudes harder to off hours when you're contending with the entire game for resources rather than just one org. I'm sure some people will do it, but I suspect they'll find that it becomes far more trouble than its worth (and will likely backfire enough due to the telegraphed windup that its just not a great idea).

• Attacking an already damaged Master Shrine will cause less essence to be generated that crusade than a full one. Camping one order endlessly will yield very poor yields (a shrine that is completely damaged will produce nothing at all).

As for Master Shrine placement, the pilgrimage shrine power should really facilitate large movements of players to and from the Master Shrine, but regardless that's something that would have to go through the respective patron.

As a note before it comes up, you cannot raise yourself to Avatar. It requires someone else in the order to enact the miracle.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Tbh, I'm pretty 'meh' about this. I'm not particularly stoked nor am I entirely a cynic this time around. The only thing that makes me skeptical is that I'm afraid that it's going to turn into icons all over again.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I'm kind of uncertain how I should feel about this, being part of an order that is primarily non-coms (FOR NOW. MUAHAHA!). I mean, I'm down to fight, and group combat is always good, but getting roflstomped because I'm the one-man rambo in a battle royale isn't my idea of a good time.

..Okay, I mean, it is. But after a while it's going to be dull. And even moreso, being in an Order that prides itself on being all-inclusive, I'm not entirely sure which Order would actually find it worth their while to piss us off when they've bigger fish to fry. So we either stay out of it and the mechanic is ultimately wasted, or we get into it and then piss off an Order that then decides to focus on the smaller Order (us).

So yeah. Fence-sitting for @Prospero 's combatant here. We'll see how this pans out.

• I second the motion of showing each order dragon description. Please :) 
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    The sky darkens over the Temple of Gaia, clouds racing in to blot out the sky.

Light begins to radiate from within the Temple of Gaia, a building brilliance which threatens 
    to outthreatens to eclipse all else.

With a deafening clap of thunder, the skies abruptly clear above the Temple of Gaia. A single, 
    reverberating quake rattles the continent of Sapience as the congregation lead by Ellodin is 
    granted leave by Gaia to embark upon a crusade on the hallowed battlefield of Nishnatoba.

• edited December 2016
    So the first Crusade will happen between 3-6am on Christmas morning for the Americans, grrrrrrrrrreat.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    In keeping with the ruining christmas theme :P

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Thank you @Makarios for clearing that all up, makes a lot of sense.

Bah humbug says the Gaians, don't cut down their trees for Logosmas or you'll be the victim of a Crusade!  :p
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Puxi said:
    So the first Crusade will happen between 3-6am on Christmas morning for the Americans, grrrrrrrrrreat.
    About time you guys knew what it felt like ;)

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I'll be sleeping, don't feel like pulling an all night!
  • @Jonathin Except icons we had to pay for and didn't rebuild themselves. The master shrines regen and are essentially free with diminishing returns to discourage people from attacking repeatedly. I'd say these are nontrivial big differences.
  • The time chosen for that crusade is hilariously yellow-belly
  • And it's off and going,  but I have seen no deaths yet :(

On that note, kill them all!
  • edited December 2016
    It would be fantastic if Nishnatoba was mapped. Hashan spent 15 minutes trying to locate the Eleusian force while being separated every few steps by traps, only to get alertness-beckoned into totem and instantly killed since we had no clue what the area layout was like. Was not much fun.
  • In-game mapper, I think she means.