Depthswalkers: Post your findings.

12345679»

Comments

• Ryzeth said:
    Austere said:
    You don't have to wait until you have both balances for the proximity of them going through to be so close that attempting to alter your instill or even register it between the two is an impossible feat.  Saying there is zero chance of it happening is false.
    What. I said depthswalker doesn't have to worry about doubling up on affs, lol. (which is what my zero chance comment was directed at) - No one has a perfect fight every single fight, even Josoul and Seragorn have doubled up their affs before a number of times.
    Ahh. Sentence read goofy to me and I thought you were going the other way.  We just spent 30 minutes arguing in agreement. #Winning
  • Austere said:
    Ryzeth said:
    Austere said:
    You don't have to wait until you have both balances for the proximity of them going through to be so close that attempting to alter your instill or even register it between the two is an impossible feat.  Saying there is zero chance of it happening is false.
    What. I said depthswalker doesn't have to worry about doubling up on affs, lol. (which is what my zero chance comment was directed at) - No one has a perfect fight every single fight, even Josoul and Seragorn have doubled up their affs before a number of times.
    Ahh. Sentence read goofy to me and I thought you were going the other way.  We just spent 30 minutes arguing in agreement. #Winning
    Yeah, probably should've specified better... Such is life when two different classes, have abilities with the same name :/
  • Ryzeth said:
    Austere said:
    Ryzeth said:
    Austere said:
    Yeah, probably should've specified better... Such is life when two different classes, have abilities with the same name :/
    ????????? What is ent
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • Driden said:
    Ryzeth said:
    Austere said:
    Ryzeth said:
    Austere said:
    ????????? What is ent
    Entities. The creepy fuckers that follow Occultists around.
  • You can't para/para as DW. It'll be para/degen damage hit.
  • Yeah derped and completely forgot that. Always switch from curare on degen, when I know it's gonna afflict with para.
  • I think they should remove the eq balance on shadow manifest.....So much rp potential in manifesting and banishing your weapons (way more impressive than sheathing or just...unwielding, since scythe's don't have sheathes). I can't think of any way to abuse balance-less summon/banishing your weapons to gain an edge against PvP. About the only thing that would be negative, is that people might spam "shadow manifest scythe|shadow manifest dagger" before each attack, rather than the "wield x|wield x|" I see a lot in logs. Hmm.

Maybe just make it require eq/bal, but not consume eq.

I sense a potential classlead submittal :wink:
  • edited December 2016
    I just created a DW and I found it extremely weird how my character, a short female mhun as determined by my RP, is able to wield the 4-foot haft of a scythe with a six-inch width blade (though it does taper) with enough dexterity to also use a dagger in her off hand.

I guess it makes sense, since these are only shadows she is manipulating.. but it feels super awkward.. I figured the scythe would be 2h and sheathed in a baldric, or maybe make it into a sickle so it can be sheathed in a beltloop or something.

I also don't know where to discuss these sorts of things, so sorry if this is the wrong spot.

After reading the above post, I guess if the scythe 'were' 2H, then balanceless manifest/banish would be useful in combat.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    p scythe
    It weighs 0 ounce(s).
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited December 2016
    @Voli not that I disagree, exactly, but do you also find it awkward how you can carry lots and lots and lots of corpses and a thousand and one vials and lets not get into the weight you carry on your pack?

What I mean is, you have to give some. Also, yeah, the scythe and the dagger are both completely weightless, and the dagger is not actually used for physical stabbing, so its not the same kind of dexterity you'd need for, say, aim at a specific part in someone's body.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Realism aside, making scythe two-handed means no SoA, so no thank you.
  • edited December 2016
    @Shirszae It was more a comment on how weird it would be to be swinging a large weapon around.. but overnight I had a Final Fantasy dream and realized "Hey, if Cloud Strife can do it, or Sephiroth, why can't I?" ... or Star Wars, for that matter. If you train hard/often enough, doesn't matter about weapon size. Especially taking the weight into account as @Krypton and you noted.

Having the dagger sheath-able (I think it is) means that you can swap between shield and dagger as needed, since the scythe seems to be the main weapon anyway.

Complaints rescinded. :)

• edited December 2016
    I like to think that you aren't actually gripping the scythe and dagger. The flavour in my head is they coalesce about your arms and are more like ethereal arm extensions of doom. Then to use them I'm throwing around my arms like a Jedi using the force when I fight.

You just need to have empty hands to do it or else the shadows won't form correctly which is why it's classed as wielding when you do it.
  • Tahquil said:
    I like to think that you aren't actually gripping the scythe and dagger. The flavour in my head is they coalesce about your arms and are more like ethereal arm extensions of doom. Then to use them I'm throwing around my arms like a Jedi using the force when I fight.

You just need to have empty hands to do it or else the shadows won't form correctly which is why it's classed as wielding when you do it.
    This. I want to do this. Arm-extensions or floating shadow-weapons that move with your arm motions.

Always interesting to see the kind of things people prefer! I for one prefer to picture people actually gripping both things. (Though I admit strictly from a flavour perspective, I would enjoy scythes being two-handed weapons, and might sometime imagine them like that)

• Pretty sure the artefact scythes have at least physical, solid handles, even if the blades are made of shadows, so definitely gripping those.
    The level one and level two scythes have physical handles, yeah. The lvl3 scythe is composed of a shadow-y frame, however.

And artefact scythes can be customised, too, anyway, so I suppose in the end it depends on whether your credits can match your imagination  :p

• I noticed that Nakail doesn't work for me. It might be because I don't have Terminus yet, but I bugged it so we'll see what happens.

It just says "I don't know what you mean by 'Intone'" whenever I use it. That one message.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Voli said:
    I noticed that Nakail doesn't work for me. It might be because I don't have Terminus yet, but I bugged it so we'll see what happens.

It just says "I don't know what you mean by 'Intone'" whenever I use it. That one message.
    Yeah, it won't let you intone if you don't know Terminus. Will fix itself when you embrace class for now, until they get it working properly.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Also, just out of curiosity, but am I wrong when I feel that Reap and Cull both do the same damage? At least, while bashing. At the very most, the difference is a fraction of 1% for me, and maybe they'll separate in damage as my skill in Shadowmancy increases.. but at the moment, it's a difference of like.. less than 1% damage for roughly .7s - 1s of balance.

• edited December 2016
    Based on my testing when the class was first released, reap and cull have nearly identical DPS (not counting Laiad, where cull's balance fits better with Laiad's duration). So the difference in damage is proportional to the difference in speed.
  • @Sena hitting trans Shadowmancy definitely made the distinction noticeable. Reap does about 4% while Cull will do 6%. You were very correct :)

• Does ones progress in the weaponry skill set have any impact on reap or cull? 
  • @Gavriil: If I remember correctly, no.

• Ill throw a question here hoping someone else knows because I have nobody to test on currently. Anyone know what all goes through lyre? Sever? I'm assuming doom does as well. Curious if consume will.