The 80-100 Push. A Bashing Guide

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Sirocco Fortress is fun as a highly arti'd bard. Nom nom lawnmower time through the scrappy stuff at the bottom

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Senoske said:
    Cooper said:
    The gold rate there is about 80% of the average areas I bash, and about 70% of the good areas like Annwyn.
    Areas that you bash. Meaning Dragon+. Dragon gold gain is completely different than pre-99 gold gain.
    This is class/artefact dependent. With cape stacked as 2h Runewarden, I've been able to do Annwyn since 95ish pretty quickly.
  • edited December 2016
    Puxi said:
    Senoske said:
    Cooper said:
    The gold rate there is about 80% of the average areas I bash, and about 70% of the good areas like Annwyn.
    Areas that you bash. Meaning Dragon+. Dragon gold gain is completely different than pre-99 gold gain.
    This is class/artefact dependent. With cape stacked as 2h Runewarden, I've been able to do Annwyn since 95ish pretty quickly.
    Of course it's class/artie dependent. Everything in this game is class/artie dependent.

Generally speaking though, for a large majority of the population who does not have such things, is where my comment comes into play.
  • When you kill something, pay attention to the decimal after your whole number xp. You want to kill things that give you from .5 to .1% xp. A lot of villages will have a 'shaman' that tends to give really good xp. I killed one once and got like 2% from it. The trade-off there is that those guys hit like fucking trucks, so...keep that in mind.

Also if you kill thing that give .1% xp, it's 1000 kills per level. I only ever really went to Meropis a couple of times, and I was pretty unimpressed by island bashing. I got to 99 from a mix of PK and bashing both. Me @Dunn and a couple of others were out one time and I ended up getting something like 24.8% just from PK that day. In the mid 90's.

• If you have access to a ship (and don't mind the utter monotony), find yourself an out of the way island and just live there for a couple of weeks. I did this with Zanzibaar first, then Prin from the late 80s up through 99 and beyond. Mindless, tedious work, but it does work.

Also, if you can afford it, get a bronze token of Charybdis...makes the island-hunting life SO much easier.

• Got myself a Ceylonese bracelet and became a dwarf miner, that ups me to 4700-ish health. Am now camping Dun Fortress, Tulan (I think the name is) and can tank those with relative ease (certainly when runed). 

Anyone got any other suggestions? I've emptied my bankaccount (over 3 million gold on the bracelet), so can't afford a ship right now. 
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Mid-80s, if you're super careful, the things in the first area of LHG can get you 1-2% per kill. Kill one at a time, avoid centaurs or were-anything. It's super risky, but you'll usually gain more xp than you lose even if you die near the end. The squirrels in the trees almost always get capped exploration bonus too cause nobody bothers killing them.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I got from about 82-->87ish in ~3 days via Moghedu and Dun Fortress - the only real difference there is to add Mog to your rotation, avoid normal miners and labourers because they're not worth the effort (master miners and demolitionists are fine). I would prioritize Mog > Dun because it feels a lot easier than Dun and there's such high volume of non-threatening, but juicy, mobs. Keepers keep it spicy, as well as splitting up Knight pairs. 87-99 took me ~2 weeks with Mog, Dun, Taryen/Ursu, and Mourning Pass/Ulysander/Sirocco/that one other encampment in Meropis jungle. DWC runie, lv 1. crit pendant, trans avoidance and 1 profithyst at 98. If I were to do it again I would probably look into Arcadia.

Things I learned:
    The less artifacted/poorer you are (like me), the more grindy it'll be. I picked easier things because it meant I could RP more over House/City/Tells, and that's one of the main reasons I play MUDs. Alternatively, you could use the time to discuss combat strategy, work/schmooze for Order stuff, etc. - keep yourself motivated by growing your character in all areas and it's easy to ignore the grind. Code in a few things to cut out some of the bashing spam/get tabbed chat to help.

Make yourself a goal - mine was either gold cap or 1000 mobs, and if I either hit it or came close enough to satisfy myself, pat yourself on the back and do something else (like grind ELO in a different game T_T). There's no time limit, so don't burn yourself out - that extra hour or two at the end of like a 5 hour murder fiesta feels a lot longer than just starting an hour or two the next day.

Big thing I noticed was having a second monitor. I binge watched a lot of stuff (Supergirl was so good btw) and could still do my bashing without interruption - and if I'm going to sit through an entire season of a show, I might as well do something else 'productive' at the same time :D!
  • Oh, and one more thing...the Iron Elite experience bonus came in handy too :smile:

• edited December 2016
    Make friends with people. People who will give you Profithyst.

cough
    @Jonathin
    cough
  • @Proficy gets 1 free Profithyst a week for having it named after him. Try to bribe it off him.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Puxi said:
    @Proficy gets 1 free Profithyst a week for having it named after him. Try to bribe it off him.
    Can confirm this is false. Or this game is rigged.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Mid-80s, if you're super careful, the things in the first area of LHG can get you 1-2% per kill. Kill one at a time, avoid centaurs or were-anything. It's super risky, but you'll usually gain more xp than you lose even if you die near the end. The squirrels in the trees almost always get capped exploration bonus too cause nobody bothers killing them.
    TIL there are squirrels in LHG... 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited December 2016
    Actually I'm really interested in suggestions. 2h Dwarf paladin w/ plenty of artefacts, sitting at 6391 health.  I've just been doing azdun gy/ catacombs, mysia, tenwat, mog on a loop but suggestions on other areas would be great.   Been meaning to try meropis, but heard it was painful below dragon and not nearly as time effective.  

I basically just came back to grind this out, and I'm not interested in the pk areas.  Any suggestions is welcome :)

Edit: Oh I've been making about 5% hourly, give or take, level 95 currently

Edit two: also take into account devo restrictions,  if that's still even a thing (innocents? )
  • Milabar said:
    Actually I'm really interested in suggestions. 2h Dwarf paladin w/ plenty of artefacts, sitting at 6391 health.  I've just been doing azdun gy/ catacombs, mysia, tenwat, mog on a loop but suggestions on other areas would be great.   Been meaning to try meropis, but heard it was painful below dragon and not nearly as time effective.  

I basically just came back to grind this out, and I'm not interested in the pk areas.  Any suggestions is welcome :)

Edit: Oh I've been making about 5% hourly, give or take, level 95 currently

Edit two: also take into account devo restrictions,  if that's still even a thing (innocents? )
    You should breeze through the mirror caves on Meropis for pretty decent gold /xp.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• @Milabar - Moghedu, Arcadia, Dun Fortress and Dun Swamp, Annwyn if you're willing to chance it is really good xp, Tuar, Nuskuwe, Tir Murann, Quartz Peak, Istar Jungle and Istarion, Tenwat. Some islands are basically only good because of the huge xp bonus you get there. I honestly did most of my bashing on the mainland. Only went to Prin like once or twice with Shara/Regi, and Meropis a few times with them too.

• Mero should be fine. I did it as a Siren RW 2h, no arties. Mirror Caves, Sirroco, Battlesite, the Vasnaris, even Grukai.
  • Thanks for the suggestions,  will try them out :) 
  • I finally got a full clear of Sirocco fortress (didn't do outside the fortress) using queuing to move rooms and attack the entire time, with absolutely no down time.

21.5 minutes, 19182 gold, or 53,531 gold per hour.  Under the same circumstances, I can pull 85k an hour in Annwyn or around 80k an hour in Azdun Catacombs.

Would not suggest bashing there unless you are desperate for dragon talisman pieces!

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Cooper said:
    I finally got a full clear of Sirocco fortress (didn't do outside the fortress) using queuing to move rooms and attack the entire time, with absolutely no down time.

21.5 minutes, 19182 gold, or 53,531 gold per hour.  Under the same circumstances, I can pull 85k an hour in Annwyn or around 80k an hour in Azdun Catacombs.

Would not suggest bashing there unless you are desperate for dragon talisman pieces!
    Sirocco isn't open PK and significantly easier than Catacombs though

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Those were just examples that I have current gold per hour on. I know 53.5k an hour sounds like a lot to most people, but it's significantly slower than almost all other higher level bashing areas I know of.

I just measured the Azdun Graveyard, 66,871 gold per hour.

It also takes significantly longer to walk to, or a heavy credit investment to get to quickly.

• I mean, they're looking for xp, not gold...
  • I'd be happy to measure xp/hour too, but at my level that's pretty difficult to do with any sort of accuracy :(

• Cooper said:
    I finally got a full clear of Sirocco fortress (didn't do outside the fortress) using queuing to move rooms and attack the entire time, with absolutely no down time.

This is advantageous for bashing for experience because it means there are fewer dragons clearing it out for gold.
  • edited December 2016
    Yeah I went down to meropis yesterday and spent 10 hours down there clearing every zone I could find, mirror (4 spiders tanked but lol web), battlefield (a way to kill ashtani without the issue),  fortress ( 2 duke guards + duke was intriguing), druahal, ogres, swamp (triple glubber was sexy times), and I'm honestly wasn't that impressed.  I made a bit more (7.7%) hourly over 5.6% from my mainland loop as a 95 (almost 96 now) but these people that say they got this stuff in a few hours per level, no clue how.  I literally slaughter stuff so fast these days and I don't have to pop in and out of rooms.  Maybe it's a lack of elite/mineral/effigy? Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong lol.   This month I'll check out the north and try out it

Edit: never did get a single talisman piece either, and in Tir I usually get at least 1 per clear
  • Re talismans: sounds like you just got unlucky. I've had runs were every second glubber drops a piece,  or every polyp. (Honestly the first time I did polyps every one dropped a piece. I thought it was this major secret everyone had kept quiet)
  • Polyp drop rate for dragon talisman pieces is fairly high, but it's balanced by them being worth like 90 gold a piece and having high health. An only polyps area would probably generate like 20k per hour for me (ignoring talisman pieces).

• At least I'm being helpful instead of being an asshole :)