Sylvan bashing artefacts

I'm looking for opinions on what artefact I should go after next that would be the most beneficial to bashing. Here's what I have: fire pendant, amulet of the will, gloves of harvesting, mayan ring, ring of vitality, mayan bracelets, collar of ceylon, ring of the magus.

If it helps.. at level 85 in Viridian form I have 18 int, 13 con, which puts me at 4420 health. 

I'd really like an Aldar talisman, but it would be a while before I had enough credits for it. 

Best Answer

Answers

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I don't see a belt or SoA on your list!
    Huh. Neat.
  • Don't buy an SoA until you hit dragon(flail staff is plenty good enough). Get the talisman.  Worth
  • Ahmet said:
    That's because flail staff is roughly equal to the benefit of SoA.

• Cooper said:
    Ahmet said:
    That's because flail staff is roughly equal to the benefit of SoA.
    Fairly sure flail staff>soa in standard reduction, but doesn't have the chance to absorb. Before the display for armor was changed, flail was like 5/5 higher, iirc
  • Flail staff is 15% (before nimble/quick-witted, so it's really more like 13.5%) blunt/cutting/magical resistance. SoA's 15% absorption chance is generally better than a straight 15% reduction, and then the actual armour stats probably reduce damage by 3-4%, but it's close enough that you'd get more benefit by spending those 800 credits on other defensive arties instead of an SoA (and of course, staff also has the advantage against magic damage).

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Would it be worth socketing a SoA into armour?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Aldar. L1 with option to save for the L2 upgrade later if necessary. Also a hunter's belt for a bit more CON and to round out your L1 stuff, it's cheap and helpful.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Kyrra said:
    I have one. No regrets. Yeah, it's expensive(1000cr paragon + 350cr rondel + embrasure), but watching it eat both shots from Proficy's L3 flails is pretty sweet. 

I don't know that I'd recommend it for a purely PvE focused player, though, because it's a pretty big investment into what equates out to just a -15% damage resistance. Streak blocks in PvP are what makes it so valuable to me, those moments where the paragon lets me soak an entire round of damage and stay up for another round. I wouldn't pay that much if all I got out of  it was -15% PvE damage taken.
  • Great information, thank you all! I think I'll go with the L1 Aldar for now. I had no idea it existed. 
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Nazihk said:
    Kyrra said:
    I have one. No regrets. Yeah, it's expensive(1000cr paragon + 350cr rondel + embrasure), but watching it eat both shots from Proficy's L3 flails is pretty sweet. 

I don't know that I'd recommend it for a purely PvE focused player, though, because it's a pretty big investment into what equates out to just a -15% damage resistance. Streak blocks in PvP are what makes it so valuable to me, those moments where the paragon lets me soak an entire round of damage and stay up for another round. I wouldn't pay that much if all I got out of  it was -15% PvE damage taken.
    SoA makes a huge difference for hunting, especially when you end up in areas like Prin. I dragon hunt with an SoA and soaking the damage helps a lot, especially when you end up with a nasty group on you. Wouldn't want to be doing multiple cockatrices without an SoA for example.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Yeah but a 1350 investment is pretty steep and I don't know if I'd recommend it as an early purchase over con and bracelets upgrades and such.