Artefact Armour Arrives

Comments

• Makarios said:
    Hmm, dragon being able to wear cloth armour is a bug. No plans for dragons to be able to use paragons given dragonarmour and base resists.

• That definitely confuses me, cause I saw another thing saying we're not allowed to wear cloth armour as dragon. Hrm.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Frederich said:
    Dragons can use paragons on cloth armour.
    Was this changed? Because at release they specifically decided against dragons using cloth armour for paragons.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I'd be severely upset if this was suddenly randomly changed, especially with that Admin suddenly saying it was okay.

I explicitly focused my credit spending for hunting gains on the idea that I can not use paragons as a Dragon, and thus bought a shield of absorption based on this.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Help Armour also says no armour for Dragons.
  • Well.  Idek then.   I issued, i got told armor for dragons was fine.  What do you want me to say?
  • Asmodron said:

As it currently stands, those with classes that can not handle the high tier bashing locations (which frankly is all classes but Knights, Sylvan and Priest), will generally have to opt for the SoA shield while in dragonform to hunt.
    This is extremely wrong.

@Asmodron Idk what game ur playing but Depthswalker is fantastic for bashing.
    Huh. Neat.
  • And Bard. Om nom nom Bard Bashing
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

Xaden said:
    And Bard. Om nom nom Bard Bashing
    Have to be artied for good bard bashing. Unartied bard made me want to gouge my eyes out. Same goes for Serpent.
    Huh. Neat.
  • People play unartied???

:trollface: Just kidding, don't murder me. 

Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Ahmet said:
    Xaden said:
    Have to be artied for good bard bashing. Unartied bard made me want to gouge my eyes out. Same goes for Serpent.
    Oh, for sure.... I respec'd con and bought and SoA to feel comfortable... but jfc you just chew through mobs

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Xaden said:
    Ahmet said:
    Xaden said:
    Oh, for sure.... I respec'd con and bought and SoA to feel comfortable... but jfc you just chew through mobs
    QFT

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Stop tempting me to go bard, damnit.
  • Cooper said:
    Asmodron said:

As it currently stands, those with classes that can not handle the high tier bashing locations (which frankly is all classes but Knights, Sylvan and Priest), will generally have to opt for the SoA shield while in dragonform to hunt.
    This is extremely wrong.

I should have mentioned 'not artied up'. They come with their own tankiness that allows them to handle top tier locations, thus not having to rely on Dragon tankiness.

Although yes, DW is proving to be quite capable.
  • Depthswalker, Alchemist, Apostate, Bard, and Magi all can.

• edited December 2016
    Cooper said:
    Depthswalker, Alchemist, Apostate, Bard, and Magi all can.

Depthswalker aside....no they cant...not without the necessary arties.

It's been mentioned several times how they are squishy as hell and cant handle top tier locations. Even if you con spec'd, you would be running far too much for it to constitute as good bashing.
  • I have to run from double Sidhe in Paladin, but DW handles them just fine.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    I have to run from double Sidhe in Paladin, but DW handles them just fine.
    Even with cloak stacked up? I have no problems in Annwyn as 2h Runewarden as long as I have my cloak stacked up.
  • 2h > snb 
    runwarden > paladin

just my opinion!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I've never played Paladin, so can't say on the class vs class comparison, but I do 100% agree with you  that 2h is far and away so much better than SnB for bashing. 
  • DW seems good, but you gave to have more involvement in bashing then using a certain set and forget hunting script.
  • Cooper said:
    Depthswalker, Alchemist, Apostate, Bard, and Magi all can.
    magi bashing is shitty, what are you smoking?
  • Atalkez said:
    2h > snb 
    runwarden > paladin

just my opinion!
    Sad but true :( 

(Unless you're a paladin with roons, in which case, ez mode)
  • Frederich said:
    I literally issue'd and asked.  Dragons are supposed to be able to wear paragon armour.

Message #557 Sent by Dalinor

11/20/21:44 Greetings! Regarding your issue #78030: It is currently allowable for dragons to wear cloth armour and to use paragons therein. Please let us know if you have any further questions via ISSUE ME!

Oh good, this is the answer to the question I asked on the previous page and got ignored (no hard feelings). Good to know! (I suspected as much since fixing cloth armour to be unwearable would be the easiest bug fix ever. Time to save up for crit paragons.
    "To thine own self be true."
  • Here's a quick one...

Cutting paragon: Is it supposed to be a 4% reduction of the overall attack or a 4% reduction post armour reduction?

Checked on the attack 'Slaughter'

No armour  (-1132h, 15.6%) 
    Standard armour  (-722h, 10.0%) (52/51)
    Embrasured  (-693h, 9.6%) (52/52 with cutting and blunt paragon)

edited May 2017
    @Xaden 5% resistance to cutting. Not sure if pre or post armour (pretty sure it's post), but stacking with other resistances (with diminishing returns).
    Huh. Neat.
  • Yeah... Kinda feels like a massive waste of credits to be honest. 

• I think the return is higher for lower ranked armours, if I'm understanding this right?
  • I wouldn't buy the Cutting/Blunt resistances... SoA paragon and -maybe- the psychic resistance because its 7.5%, psychic is one of the hardest to resist and is getting more and more prevalent with depthswalkers and gold dragons around...

What's worse is that the paragon isn't 5% physical resistances, but either cutting or blunt.