Disconnecting every 5-15 minutes

MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
So i recently moved house, and have a new internet provider. I have only noticed this issue with achaea, but every 5-15 minutes (i cannot pinpoint exactly when), the connection to achaea drops, and I cannot figure out why. 

Does anyone have a good way of debugging this?

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae

Comments

• Is this 5-15 minutes without doing anything (sending any input)?
  • Change your router settings to remain on a static port. The disconnect is happening when it swaps over to keep the ports free.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    not sure what that means. I have a static IP and  port 23 is open.

Also whether I have input or not seems to not matter. I have disconnected in the middle of doing things as well as while i was afk.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • Could also try running a tracert, if you haven't already?

• edited November 2016
    I had disconnect problems as well, only if I idled no matter what my timeout was set to. Not sure if this will help you but it helped me: sendGMCP("Core.KeepAlive")

Put that bad boy in a timer that runs once a minute or so and you'll hopefully stop disconnecting.  Helped me, at least, though you'll never timeout while mudlet is running.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • The problem (as it has been mentioned above and in other places) isn't Achaea or your computer, but most likely the settings your server has. If there isn't a stream of information going to or from your server and Achaea's, your server disconnects (hence the random timing of it)

I prefer to use sendGMCP("Core.Ping") on a timer of 50 seconds. This doesn't reset my timeout but still sends information to and from Achaea's servers so mine doesn't disconnect me.
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    If his problems are anything like the ones I've run into, it's not a timeout issue. I'll be actively doing things and then randomly I'll disconnect from the server. It's just Achaea, nothing else, and it'll usually happen once or twice a day for me.
    Huh. Neat.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    the Core.KeepAlive thing seems to have solved my lag problems and my disconnect problems. Odd, but I'll take it.

-

As drawn by Shayde