To Return or Not Return... That is the question

It's been so long, I'm in a better place than I was when I was around last. Should I return, Retire and start over? What's new?

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Come back. Become a depthswalker. Lol at baddies. Drink with friends. Be impressed with Hashan's current state. Rinse, repeat.
    Huh. Neat.
  • How long have you been away ? What class / city / other relevant info were you ?
  • I left after founding the Academy in Hashan, was HL of Spiritwalkers, and a Hashani minister a couple times over
  • Hashan has changed quite a bit. Almost all the current movers and shakers are either very new people or very old people. My generation has gone rogue or moved to Cyrene or Eleusis.

The game itself has all sorts of ease-of-play features now, too many to mention, and we have regular events and promotions. Sadly, you missed the Wheel in September and October, the prizes were awesome.
  • I've noticed a lot of changes so far since I logged in yesterday. This is going his to take some getting used to... Also debating on a class change. Not sure how I want to do though
  • More people whether it's someone returning or a new player is ALWAYS a good thing.

Come back. 

• Mannimar said:
    I've noticed a lot of changes so far since I logged in yesterday. This is going his to take some getting used to... Also debating on a class change. Not sure how I want to do though
    I've returned after a long period away, and I know how you're feeling. I've always been a sentinel and upon my return was confronted with a complete overhaul of the class. Including being stripped of my beloved concoctions/harvesting skill. It nearly made me run away.

I've been slowly getting back into things, there's a lot of stuff that's new which makes me feel like a noob. But there's so many people in-game willing to help you out. I'm pretty sure you can make a comeback whoever you were in the past and pick up your old 'life' again without much issue. It just takes a bit of character and motivation. For me, the recent blackwave event has been a trigger to get in touch with my new skills and start fighting again.

Why don't you just give it a try? I'm sure you'll be hooked again :)
  • It was really fun to play with you yesterday, Mannimar. Mel was really excited to meet another of the founders of the Academy. I hope you'll stick around and not retire!
    Melaina Naftis - Spectral Arbiter of the Krymenian Academy
  • Depends how much time you have. I was still trying to get up to speed with Alchemist and Knight changes when I came back, I take a few months off and now a whole new class to learn about. The learning curve for me to get back into it just isn't worth it, doubt you'll see Sobriquet around again. 

If you have the time to commit, go for it, I can't think of any game with the depth that Achaea has. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."