(Mudlet & Svof) Upgrade Woes

I took the time this weekend to upgrade both Mudlet and svof, and ran into a couple of issues. (From Mudlet-delta to episilon, and svof 22 to 24.)

1. I have several custom tags set up for the custom prompt. Nothing major - a trigger catches some output, changes a variable, and the prompt changes color based on the variable. Since the upgrade, instead of seeing the prompt as normal when I first login, it shows the raw tag (in this case, @vitalityStat) instead of the custom prompt I made for it: [V].

I can fix this by going into the editor and clicking on the script name in the list - it shows up and works correctly after that. Is there a way to fix this so it doesn't happen?

2. Also when I log in, the system no longer reliably defs me up - it appears to stop before completing the defup sequence. I have verified that everything is still checked in defup and keepup.

Any ideas? Would love to fix this without a complete wipe and reinstall. However, if that's the case, might as well find out now. Thanks.

Comments

• First issue sounds like you are defining the custom prompts before svof is loaded. Your best bet is to put them the definition into event handler functions for the "svo system loaded" event. See http://svof.github.io/svof/#registering-custom-tags-when-svof-is-ready and the follow chapter.

If you have a look at "vshow", it'll list defenses it waits for defup. Maybe there's any issue there? Additionally, a look into the errors view (triggers -> errors on the left side, a new console appears) might help.
  • That is odd...I had read through that chapter when creating the prompts, and thought I had set them up correctly. I've moved them down to the bottom of the list (so they load after everything else) and it seems to be working for now. I will doublecheck and make sure I have the event handler set up correctly.

I had a couple of errors show up in the errors view - one was related to a harvesting script I have, the others to some triggers I'd set up. Disabled the script and renamed the triggers - I'd put parentheses in the name of one of them, and that was throwing it off. No errors at the moment.

Svof still seems to be acting weird with regards to my defenses. What's the best way to wipe it completely and reload from scratch, while still keeping my settings?

• FYI, ended up uninstalling svof, clearing it out completely from \.config\mudlet\profiles (along with folders for five older versions that were still in there, ugh) and running vinstall again. Seems to be working better now.