CMUD mapping?

Considering moving back to CMUD since I'm infinitely more comfortable with it than Mudlet, but I've been absolutely spoiled by the IRE Mapping script for Mudlet that exists.

Is there any way to get that to work on CMUD?

Comments

• ZahanZahan Valhalla
    Hrm, I seem to have uninstalled my cmud.  

Gmcp info from IRE is sound enough for the mapper to work, in theory, especially considering how well zugg's mapper always worked in the past on much less and worse information.  It might need to be tweaked for optimum performance.  

Have you tried it yet?  Is it bugging out?
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • I'm clueless on how it would work so haven't tried anything yet.

My experience with the Mudlet one comes from downloading the mapper xml, loading it as a package and then downloading the crowdsource map.
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    Devran said:
    I'm clueless on how it would work so haven't tried anything yet.

My experience with the Mudlet one comes from downloading the mapper xml, loading it as a package and then downloading the crowdsource map.

Apparently it's already set and ready to draw on gmcp... 
    http://forums.zuggsoft.com/modules/mx_kb/kb.php?mode=doc&page=3&refpage=3&a=gmcp

The only trick will be if area name poses a problem since IRE builds their maps based on an area number that is provided through the coords tag.  It might work by naturally recognizing that, or otherwise just on area name tag, or you may have/be able to set it.  I couldn't say without looking at a settings menu but it looks like it'd be as easy as for mudlet or anything else, and may just work out of the box (it did in the past, for me, ages ago).

Zugg is the one who brought us mapping.  He started it, and he set the bar really high, a very long time ago.  I'd be super super surprised if you couldn't get that cmud drawing like the best of them or better than.
  • So as I understand, I'd have to start my own map then, right? Manually travel around and map out locations?

Not saying I wont, but just making sure I'm not missing something.
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    Devran said:
    So as I understand, I'd have to start my own map then, right? Manually travel around and map out locations?

Not saying I wont, but just making sure I'm not missing something.

I'd be surprised if it shipped with an updated achaea map database.  So likely, yeah, it'd start one for you.

There is a huuuuge benefit to having your own map database though - exploring.  You know exactly what rooms you may not have been in yet, because they aren't mapped.  Your explorer rank will definitely go up.  For me, also, I find it rather soothing to map stuff.

That being said, it's just a file.  Cmud is common enough that someone has at least a decent database already built.  Maybe @Sena does?  You might be able to ask, or find it otherwise online somewhere, if cartography is just not your thing.
  • I don't know of any decently-complete map files.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Could probably set something up to parse Achaea's map data? I'm not sure how robust CMud's mapping stuff is.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited November 2016
    I've got a friend that also uses CMUD that I've fixed up Vadi_mapper for and he has a map with all the correct numbers from using an xml->imap converter he found. I also got the ilua module working with paragraph support(meaning you can process every line that is sent along with a prompt all in the same trigger, rather than parsing each line individually with no idea what's next) and with gmcp support added in(although maybe the interface I made isn't the most graceful?) I've got a gmcp ab checker and a truehonours system that checks api.achaea.com/characters to find out info about characters for you(which you can use as examples, should you decide you want to play with ilua some. Pretty sure it would take care of everything you're needing? Only big feature I've yet to get working is setting you up with access to the mapper from within the ilua scripts, and if/when I finally tackle that, it'll be a huge job.

( I'm pretty tempted lately to build a vote module into ilua as well, so that might be a thing soon too )

Screenshot(yes, this is in mudlet, I run mudlet on top of it):

• If you were interested, I've dropped it in a post: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/5179/updated-vadi-mapper#latest
  • Omgomg thank you!