Super basic mudlet stuff

2»

Comments

• Just an FYI, but I was looking for the same thing this weekend (how to do sounds) and apparently it's dependent on your version of Mudlet. According to the Mudlet forums, there's an issue with one of the libraries used in the current version (think it's still 3.0.0-delta?) and sounds won't play without some fairly complicated workarounds.

It's expected to be fixed in the next release, I think.

• Could make a table of bad words and reference that for your greeting before responding 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • If you are using Windows 10 and 3.0.0-delta, you're going to have a bad time. It just doesn't work for some reason.

If you update to 3.0.0-epsilon and use .wav sound files, it works just fine. I'm not sure if Mudlet supports .mp3 files.

Go into your trigger to the right of the area where you chose Perl Regex. It should be a little green area called 'play sound'. Click in there and find the sound file you'd like to use somewhere on your computer, click save, and test your trigger.
  • Ah, nice. Something to try out this weekend, then.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Zbaco said:
    Just an FYI, but I was looking for the same thing this weekend (how to do sounds) and apparently it's dependent on your version of Mudlet. According to the Mudlet forums, there's an issue with one of the libraries used in the current version (think it's still 3.0.0-delta?) and sounds won't play without some fairly complicated workarounds.

It's expected to be fixed in the next release, I think.
    The workaround really isn't complicated, unless you struggle with downloading a zip file and unzipping it...

http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/comment/331843/#Comment_331843

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Huh, was going through the Mudlet forums and never saw a mention of that method. Moot point now, upgraded to Epsilon and all is good.