What skill to Trans first?

Disclaimer: I come from a mud extremely similar to Achaea (balance equilibrium pvp), so don't think I'm an alt just because I catch up too quickly! I've already had one dude wondering after I, despite being only 4 days old, talked about monk combat like an expert hahaha.

Anyway, I don't buy credits so I guess I need to focus on only Transing one skill and slowly train up the others over time by hunting and buying credits with gold and paying credits to other adventurers for that $10 no-brainer package. So should I focus on Tekura or Telepathy first? Or even Kaido?

Tekura seems to be pretty straightforward with a small but potent group of abilities and combos, but Telepathy is really interesting with tons of abilities and various things you can do your mind locked opponent even when he/she is out of the location. Seems really fascinating!

And Kaido has that Deliverance thing which is absolutely a big surprise for your opponent if you've managed to build up the Kaido. Something like "get 81 Kaido -> run and Kai Deliverance -> wait for him to attack you" and bam quite a few midbies would fall for that i'd think. Also it has various healy stuff which would help protect me pretty decently i think.

So? Thoughts?

Or someone could just buy me a no-brainer package, I definitely wouldn't mind!! :))

Comments

• Tekura is your bashing skill, so if you're planning to hunt up credits to learn the rest you'll probably want to do that first.
  • Antonius said:
    Tekura is your bashing skill, so if you're planning to hunt up credits to learn the rest you'll probably want to do that first.
    Ok hmm so what should I learn in other skills at least so that I can be decent at PvP while in the hunting process? Are there any low-level Telepathy skills for example that can augment my combat options? Impatience maybe?

P.s What is the use of Mind Empathy? Does it do some bad stuff to your opponent as well since it makes you share some of the damage he receives?

P.s.s. Sweepkick prones your opponent right? But how fast can your opponent get up from prone? Because I see sweepkick being mentioned in various strategies but then sweepkick->backbreaker would surely be an overly simple kill strat?

• Pretty much just enough Kaido to get the basic survival functions, then keep building Tekura until Trans. Don't mess with Telepathy until you've done at least that. 

For empathy, think of your allies.

Sweep kick, they can get up as soon as they're on blance.. unless their legs are broken. ;)

• I believe there is a book about this in the library of Ashtan.
    Withdrawing it is a task you get after the Great Rock and the Monster part.
    It says to learn Kaido up to Toughness, then max out Tekura, then max out Kaido and Telepathy.
  • Tekura is first and foremost. Not only is it your primary hunting skill, but it's also big if you're doing 1v1 combat and you can still help out in melee group combat. Especially since your accuracy increases as your lessons in Tekura, meaning that up until Trans you might be missing a few hits on npc's. After Trans Tekura, you'll only miss on a couple of them.

I would say Kaido is your next skill to focus on. Several of the lower skills are skills from stuff like Survival, but fewer lessons to get and generally make you a bit better defensively healing. Transmute (which converts mana -> health (with a little less health to mana)) which will vastly improve your tankiness. Biggest help Kaido gives you actually is team fighting. Choke is your ranged attack while enfeeble and cripple are both good team fighting skills when you engage.

Telepathy would be third. While it has some very useful skills (fullsense and mindnet are so good. A special artefact that gave the owner mindnet regardless of the class sold in an auction for 10105 credits (about a $245 value if you buy the credits from the website). But it's all for fighting, either 1v1 or group so won't help at all hunting.

Find me in game and I'll work with you teaching about monk class, since while I never got super good at combat, I know theory pretty well and I can teach you the basics

tl;dr: What Borran/Abhaya said, I'll teach you monk fighting ig
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • Dortheron said:
    A special artefact that gave the owner mindnet regardless of the class sold in an auction for 10105 credits (about a $245 value if you buy the credits from the website). But it's all for fighting, either 1v1 or group so won't help at all hunting.
    You're off on your pricing there by about a factor of 10 or so. 10k credits is easily $2000+.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    10k credits for $245? Sign me right the hell up.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited October 2016
    Oops, my bad. For some reason a decimal got stranded somewhere in my head.

At 27.5 cent per credit (lowest price per credit that's on the website) you'll need $2,778.88..so yea, underscores what I said even more.

You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • What I did when I was a monk was..

Tekura > Kaido > Gathering > seafaring... > (other skills later) > telepathy.

Telepathy wasn't even useful in my eyes, but come the CTF I knuckled down with my 5k lessons won from the wheel and trans'd it.  Mindnet has singlehandedly saved my ass lord only knows how many times.  It's just that good.  Oh I'm an avatar?  Better have mindnet up incase-- oh hi Mhaldor, bye mhaldor.

Kaido, past numbness, has no real use in PVE, and your hunting variation will usually be scorpion stance with bodyblock up.  I use telepathy whenever I'm hunting with ig fiance who can't tank the tide for shit.  Just find a nice lil safe room.. sit down.. and spam mind empathy and mind lock and let him soak up the glorious monk health vial while I read up on news or do market stuff.