Sentinels and Artefact Tridents

Sentinel class, doing lots of hunting/bashing for experience as I work my way up to Dragon.

Currently using a standard trident with the following specs:

Damage: 92  To-hit: 211  Speed: 195

The lowest level of the artefact tridents is 96/215/200, for 350cr.

Up until recently, I've always used wyvern/jaguar maul for hunting, so I've never paid much attention to the specifics of weapon stats.

Basically - how significant would the damage increase be, from current trident to the artie trident? Is it worth 350cr?

Comments

• I've tested this one my old character.

Least strongest to strongest.
    Axe - Maul - Thrust.... 

You want to use thrust while hunting as a Sentinel, Also L1 trident wont be too big of an increase for hunting. Only reason you'd actually want an artefact spear/trident is for the speed for doublestrikes, and skullbash.
  • I tried to get some numbers for you on the differences between normal and artie spears for hunting.  

Turns out spears might be bugged - while testing the forged one was doing more damage per hit than my level 3 (though the level 3 was hitting faster).

I'll post an update once that's clarified.   Bare in mind that spear finishers (impale, wrench, skullbash) are not dependent on weapon stats for speed or damage.

Generally speaking I'd recommend an artie spear first if hunting is your focus and an axe first if PVP is your focus.   Will post some numbers to support this once I hear back from the admin on weird damage results.
  • Thanks - glad I asked before I bought. Looking forward to seeing the results.

• Any news from the admins?

• Sorry, haven't heard anything back yet!

Best bet for a speedy answer might be to request a loan of the trident you're looking to get and try for yourself.
  • Lyrin said:
    Sorry, haven't heard anything back yet!

Best bet for a speedy answer might be to request a loan of the trident you're looking to get and try for yourself.
    Unless there's something different with trident useage, you can't use someone else's artefact weapons.
  • I thought it was mentioned somewhere in forums that you could ask admin to test out an artefact before purchase. 
    If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
  • If that's the case...I need a loan of say...500 L3 handaxes and L3 daggers for uh...reasons.
  • You can message the admins, and they'll usually let you try out an artefact for an hour or so, so you know what you're buying before you buy it.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Yae said:
    I thought it was mentioned somewhere in forums that you could ask admin to test out an artefact before purchase. 
    Usually email Tecton, or Mak/Nicola to ask, as far as I know.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Ended up issuing myself, and Nicola took care of me.

Thanks all for the suggestions and info.