1235»

Comments

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    I get asked about Skype so many times a week that it's becoming apparent that I need one. I dunno what I would do with it, since I hate having things open that steal my precious Achaea connection, but if I remember, I will give it a whirl tonight. 
  • edited October 2015
    Austere said:
    I get asked about Skype so many times a week that it's becoming apparent that I need one. I dunno what I would do with it, since I hate having things open that steal my precious Achaea connection, but if I remember, I will give it a whirl tonight. 
    oh it's a wonderful thing!

I have like

5 people. Cause I'm a newb.

Be my sixth bb

--

In reality, I've made some pretty cool friends, and being that I'm on skype 24/7 (as I happen to use skype for business for work communication) -- I get to communicate with people I may not get to see otherwise in weird timezones.
  • My Skype is clgraham86 if anyone wants to add. Same deal, say who you are on Achaea.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool Or a coward
    Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both
    For a wounded man will shall say to his assailant
    "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven"
    Such is the rule of honor
  • oh, if someone wants to add me its jtokarchuk@outlook.com

just put achaea name in invite so I know you aren't a chinese robot overlord
  • edited October 2015
    Austere said:
    Skype is confusing and annoying. I'm used to communicator/lync, and had enough trouble adjusting to lync. I usually end up closing skype because I can't get it to do what I want.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Trevize said:
    Austere said:
    Skype is confusing and annoying. I'm used to communicator/lync, and had enough trouble adjusting to lync. I usually end up closing skype because I can't get it to do what I want.
    lync is/was the devil
  • Trevize said:
    Austere said:
    It doesn't help Skype is terribly coded and a security hazard, either
  • I went through this thread and added everyone who put their Skype there, I think.

It was very confusing.

To add me its blitz.alexander I think.

• JeslynJeslyn United States
    Now Seftin can make fun of me in real time. Greeeeat. 
  • Not gonna lie, that hurt me real deep.
  • Trevize said:
    Austere said:
    I use both, Skype for personal, Lync for work.

Today when I restarted my pc, my Lync upgraded to "Skype for Business". So um, you have that to look forward to!
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Blub blub blub!

• edited September 2016
    I've never skyped with an Achaean. I've only talked to 3 achaeans outside achaea, and only 1 of them actively. I only have 1 ooc channel. I should be more outgoing...
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    It's why I try to get gaming info. 

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Skype has always seemed clunky and resource intensive. Anyone using Discord?

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Kresslack said:
    Skype has always seemed clunky and resource intensive. Anyone using Discord?
    There's an Achaea discord.

However, Skype is perfectly fine. Secure, easy to use, not a nuisance, and entirely resource efficient. Don't see why anyone would have a problem with it.
    Huh. Neat.
  • It's almost as if you want to be hated, @Ahmet.

I don't have a problem with Skype, personally. Never heard complaints about it from anyone I know, either :|

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Maybe they've optimized it, which is good. Used to be pretty clunky in my experience though. Worth giving it another shot I guess.

• Skype is super clunky for me, forces updates every week almost, and crashes at least twice a week. Buuut it's popular so it's what I use.
  • I like the Windows 10 preview version but not the regular version

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    I never seem to have trouble with Skype though I'm just using the mobile one at the moment while I'm away from home. 

• Don't even know what the most recent Skype version is... I'm using 7.23 though, which I think is a few versions outdated. Could be why I'm not having problems, also giving me more reason to not update it! :D I don't have any problems with this one; no crashing, no force updating, etc...