Do you DnD?

edited October 2016 in North of Thera
Ok 2nd take. I was curious how many of us currently or formerly played DnD. (click the one you spent the most time if more than one applies)

Comments

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    edited October 2016
    Played throughout HS did a tiny DM work but.. You know... I'm a drunk. Player was fun as hell. My name was nacht casadore

I would play again still have my books

• edited October 2016
    Szanthax said:
    Played throughout HS did a tiny DM work but.. You know... I'm a drunk. Player was fun as hell. My name was nacht casadore

Which edition? I love looking through my slightly dated now 3rd edition books. Dunno why I just liked those books the best.

I do have an old 89 AD&D 2nd edition book too
  • Zulah said:
    Szanthax said:

Which edition? I love looking through my slightly dated now 3rd edition books. Dunno why I just liked those books the best.
    @Zulah I'll look when I get home... They are c with my comics...

• I play Pathfinder every week.

Used to play other Tabletop RPG's weekly too.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I've played maybe...once. I've always liked the idea but was never really able to get into it locally. The brief experience I had with it among a group of friends was a -lot- of fun though. Something I've always wanted to be more active in.

• Formerly DM, also formerly player (DM for that campaign got deployed overseas, so the campaign came to a halt).
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Was introduced to D&D at a con earlier this year, where I played an AD&D one-shot. Later did 2/3rds of a module in AD&D before scheduling fell apart. Currently playing in a 5e campaign and having tons of fun!
  • Never played, but interested wasn't really an option, so... this is close enough. Considering it's not so much "never got around to it" as it is "can not find a game." And yes, I'm aware of roll20. I can litterally not find a game. :P I mean, I can find listings, but I can't find a game that will take me. So, I've probably given up on trying.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • edited October 2016
    I'm running a game for some Achaean nerds right now! Well... Fridays, not right now, but you get the gist. 

ETA: I used to play NWoD, Star Wars (d20 and SAGA both), and Modern, when I had a lot of free time, but DnD will always have the crowning spot in my heart.
  • Played a lot at school. Used to live 5 minutes walk from a TSR distribution centre and we'd hang around back and get loads of free books that were slightly damaged and couldn't send out. Used to spend hours and hours looking through the AD&D monster manuals. Haven't played in years other than making up simple games for the kids to play. Roll20 looks interesting but doubt I'd have the time to play. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • If anyone starts up a game that suits my backwards Australian timezone, I'd be interested.
  • I went to a summer camp where we did a homebrew RPG, sometimes literally the whole day.  Good times.
  • I love DND so much. I just have limited data right now, so most of the ways of playing online are limited for me :( Started out way back in the day, on 2nd edition.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    dming a 4e and a shadowrun 5e. Also tried to play a system less RPG which was fun but doing way too much atm to dedicate myself to anymore games. I struggle to play online with achaeans because timezones.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Roll20 looks awesome. I played at school, stopped when I went to uni, played again a bit in the early 2000s, but it got to be a chore going to people's houses and scheduling around various people's differing shifts so went gently into the night.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • My fiancé DMs a game at our house every Wednesday night. Some of his workmates come round. It's a lot of fun! We use the OSRIC rulebook and throw in spells, monsters and items from all over the place. 
    Melaina Naftis - Spectral Arbiter of the Krymenian Academy
  • Played all through high school and college, 'red box' D&D and 1st (later a mix of 1st and 2nd) editions. I played in other peoples' campaigns but most of my time was spent DM'ing. Nowadays I'd play other RPGs but I can't see myself getting back into D&D.
  • What about Shadowrun (not the video game) does that count too?  =)
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited October 2016
    Currently doing a 5e campaign. Got 3 Achaean's in it right now, one friend who is Aetolian (But lives literally 5 mins from me), and one coworker, first time DMing and so far so good. Completely made my own world, divines included. Background lore, cities, city states, villages the whole nine. I never thought it would be so much work. Hah.

Timezones suck.
  • I always thought DnD was a fake game people pretended to play in movies/tv shows. Never realized it was an actual thing
  • I play tabletop every weekend just about but havent played DnD since 3e.
  • DMing for 23 years and climbing bby. 2nd edition if I have my druthers (Viva la Thac0). Also storytell most of the whitewolf games bar old changeling and new prometheans (edgelord frankensteins plz) These days I break out Paranoia more often than not. 

• Only about 4 words of the above made any sense to me at all. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Khairt said:
    DMing for 23 years and climbing bby. 2nd edition if I have my druthers (Viva la Thac0). Also storytell most of the whitewolf games bar old changeling and new prometheans (edgelord frankensteins plz) These days I break out Paranoia more often than not. 
    I wanna play a campaign DM'd by you  :o

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Maybe we could see about getting a Roll20 thing set up. There's also Fabletop.

• I run a 2nd ed. game every on Saturdays atm. Been playing since I was in high school. I still remember my first character, a fighter who only used a dagger because in my mind you don't just walk around with a ak-47 strapped to your back, they wouldn't walk around with a big ol' two hander strapped to theirs lol. Think I've played and or ran pretty much everything in between since then, d&d 2, 3, 3.5, shadowrun, paranoia, gurps, pallidium, WoD, hell I even had a character die during creation in Traveller.
  • I've been trying to get a group started at my university, but I think people are too afraid of some perceived stigma to really go for it. Meanwhile I want to DM an Achaea-based D&D 5e.

• Achaea probably easier to do in something like Mutants and Masterminds to allow closer approximations of classes in. Also 5E is gross.

• 4e is the best e.