The Revelation

Comments

• Yeahhhh, knew you could subvert astraled and phased. Didn't because I'm not an asshole.
  • There isn't any wiggle room on this one.

There is no reasonable way to reason that subverting while flying is intended. You can argue it unreasonably if you want.

The rules involving bugs are "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't do it", not "if the admin haven't said it's a big it's an okay thing to do".

When I've found something I thought was a bug or unintended (some examples: wormholes, flying to spawn mobs on people, puppet summon) I've not used them and brought them up either directly to Mak or on ACC. Mak would either respond working as intended, that he was deciding if it was something he wanted to keep, or if it was not working as intended. I think I also might have used bug for one as well that wasn't an immediate concern.

I know not everyone has a direct line to admin (and thanks to Makarios in particular for keeping that line of communication open for major issues), but the admin are very, very quick to respond to issue me questions. @Dalinor responded to an artefact issue me I did yesterday in less than 5 minutes, and I guarantee they would have had a similar response time if anyone in the coalition had bothered to check instead of playing the "admin didn't say to not do it, so it's okay" game. 

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Silvarien said:
    Sarathai said:
    Kez said:
    It makes perfect sense for everybody to work together against a threat to everyone.
    I would say it makes sense for everybody to prioritise the threat to everyone. Not necessarily to work together. And then you have Nihilists, or Mhaldor, or whoever, that are also in a lore sense a threat to Sapience as well.
    @Sarathai : would be cool to have a giant chaos ent rampaging through the land like a cross between Godzilla and the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. Maybe next event?
    Someone obviously hasn't acquainted themselves with the Spawn.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited October 2016
    Cooper said:
    There isn't any wiggle room on this one.

There is no reasonable way to reason that subverting while flying is intended. You can argue it unreasonably if you want.

The rules involving bugs are "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't do it", not "if the admin haven't said it's a big it's an okay thing to do".

When I've found something I thought was a bug or unintended (some examples: wormholes, flying to spawn mobs on people, puppet summon) I've not used them and brought them up either directly to Mak or on ACC. Mak would either respond working as intended, that he was deciding if it was something he wanted to keep, or if it was not working as intended. I think I also might have used bug for one as well that wasn't an immediate concern.

I know not everyone has a direct line to admin (and thanks to Makarios in particular for keeping that line of communication open for major issues), but the admin are very, very quick to respond to issue me questions. @Dalinor responded to an artefact issue me I did yesterday in less than 5 minutes, and I guarantee they would have had a similar response time if anyone in the coalition had bothered to check instead of playing the "admin didn't say to not do it, so it's okay" game. 
    The announce said "event adjustments" and one bug resolution. I don't think there was any blatant bug abuse occurring. 

It's hard to call flying to subvert "too good to be true." People who tried it were dying plenty, and this is a unique event so there's no baseline to judge it against. I didn't have any problem chasing flyers around just like ground subverters.

"Too good to be true" is realizing you can freely rezz/reincarnate over and over and taking advantage. Or finding a way to make free credits appear. Something people pay for isn't meant to be free.

What you should or shouldn't be able to do while flying is far more subject to debate.
  • I dunno I mean, you can't do anything else when you're flying because it's a totally different elevation. No reason you should be able to do anything when the splinter is half buried in the ground and you're flying in the air to gather its essence. Then you have the people who are only flying/phased to spawn Tide on people they don't like. Wouldn't go as far as 'too good to be true' but it was definitely toeing the line of 'is this really intended?'
  • To be honest, I actually assumed it WAS intended. As it was possible before the Tide came in.

Once the tide came in I was like 'Ah so that's why we're able to subvert while flying - makes
    sense now'
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

Was suggested that I hire on everyone who has attacked me while an avatar/subverting to get closer to dragon. I am tempted.

#Griefer
    Huh. Neat.
  • Please do it. I'm a starving Mark!

• I assure you that 95% of people that get the "I'll hire on you" threat laugh pretty audibly when they hear it.
    We really need a sarcasm font. I vote comic sans.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    We really need a sarcasm font. I vote comic sans.
    I second. I don't take people who use the font seriously anyways.
    edited October 2016
    Totally not possible.
    ETA: This is my official sarcasm font now.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Oh we know you're sarcastic we just welcome the fight (generally)
  • 19:05:42.871 Rounding a hill.

19:05:42.871 An ominous creep of amaranthine vapour pervades, its shifting tendrils seeking and spreading across the ground. Vines have overtaken this location. The sun beats down oppressively upon the land, banishing any moisture beneath its rays. A roughly shaped ingress marks the entrance to a small mine. A small wooden sign is here. Clubbed antennae probing the air searchingly, a towering war beetle claws at the ground in restless agitation.

19:05:42.871 You see exits leading northeast, southeast, and west.

19:05:43.893 A massive, black and white war beetle summons up unearthly power and staggers you with a blow worthy of the gods!

19:05:44.942 A massive, black and white war beetle summons up unearthly power and staggers you with a blow worthy of the gods!

19:05:44.942 You have been slain by a massive, black and white war beetle.

Stilllll an issue.  @Makarios / @Nicola fix this issue of just walking in a room and the enemy getting to smack your ass twice instantly.

It's really unfun, because they just seem to do it whenever they feel like, which.. more often than not, ends up in insta-kills for people who walk by.

• You're walking into creatures other people spawned. Stop whining and play careful.
  • L2squint

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Well, I feel at least somewhat better spending last night trying to clear out Tasur'ke. Wasn't all for nothing... sort of. Maybe. >_> 

• Asmodron said:
    The maddening buzz of a faint and unintelligible hum underlays the currents of besieged life as a
    shrine to the meld takes control of the Barony of Dun Valley.
    The maddening buzz of a faint and unintelligible hum underlays the currents of besieged life as a
    shrine to the meld takes control of the Mannaseh Swamp.
    shrine to the meld takes control of the Black Forest.
    shrine to the meld takes control of Forest Watch.
    shrine to the meld takes control of the Granite Hills.
    shrine to the meld takes control of the Thraasi Foothills.

*packs bags*

Welp, off to Meropis
    Does that mean every room in the area is covered by the Tide? Are the effects permanent?
  • I think the thing that has irritated me most about this event is the way that people spin the Black Wave up as some horrible existential crisis that cannot be beaten by mortals... only to get upset when it turns out that they can't trivialize the fog by using dragons to bash lowbie mobs.

Look, it's either a massive threat to the world that requires this stupid coalition or it's something you can trivially solve by doing the equivalent of bashing Manara as a dragon. It can't be both.

• Aquil said:
    Asmodron said:
    shrine to the meld takes control of the Barony of Dun Valley.
    shrine to the meld takes control of the Mannaseh Swamp.
    shrine to the meld takes control of the Black Forest.
    shrine to the meld takes control of Forest Watch.
    shrine to the meld takes control of the Granite Hills.
    shrine to the meld takes control of the Thraasi Foothills.

*packs bags*

Welp, off to Meropis
    Does that mean every room in the area is covered by the Tide? Are the effects permanent?

Frankly none of us are sure what it means.

There are some rooms not covered (currently) and I saw some fighting creatures in there as well. What this all means is still pretty unclear
  • edited October 2016
    We should be allowed to defile the shrines in the usual fashion. Shame that we can't.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Jinsun said:
    You're walking into creatures other people spawned. Stop whining and play careful.

Mobs other people spawned, as stated above.  shouldn't attack twice in the span of one second.  Hell, even mobs I spawn don't attack twice in the span of one second.

Even if you're using WALK TO, sometimes you get pinged by that and just instantly die.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    A massive, black and white war beetle screams, its chitinous body shuddering with the effort.
    Your close up view of its segmented mouth allows you to bear the full brunt of the greyish mist expelled with the sound.
    ?:(ex) {1237hp|1083mp|36800e|32051wp}{db|[reck]} || 13%XP (10:47:31.105)(-6282h, 76.
    1%, -5962m, 82.6%

82.6%
    82.6%

Help me D:

• The maddening buzz of a faint and unintelligible hum underlays the currents of besieged life as a
    shrine to the meld takes control of the Sangre Plains.

shrine to the meld takes control of the Azdun Dungeon.
    shrine to the meld takes control of Lake Vundamere.

shrine to the meld takes control of the village of Bagwar's Copse.
    shrine to the meld takes control of Lake Narcisse.
    shrine to the meld takes control of the Brass Lantern Inn.

shrine to the meld takes control of the Northern Plains.

shrine to the meld takes control of the Pachacacha River.

(The Midnight Crew): Cooper says, "It's okay, still far from mhaldor."

Image result for slap

• I hope old Shallam gets raised and holy spirits pour out and kill the fog. And then we get a new-but-old-city and this fancy new class. Wishful thinking over, gotta get back to giving runes to people.
  • Silvarien said:
    I hope old Shallam gets raised...
    But if that happened I wouldn't be able to have my underwater bashing ground in old Shallam's ruins, populated by undead ormyrr.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."