New York Meet v.2.017

edited October 2016 in The Wander Inn
Ok so Melodie wants us to do a NYC meet is autumn of next year, so that's a year from now so you have a WHOLE FKING YEAR to get ready for AMAZING AWESOME STUFF TO HAPPEN (That means YOU, @Saeva)!!!! Everyone's invited. EVERYONE BETTER MAKE IT!!!! There will be steak O_O

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited October 2016
    Just to clarify, he said he wanted to do another meet for the summer, I suggest the fall instead because the summer heat suuuuucks.

That said, assuming life doesn't prevent it, I will try to make it out again!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I might go if Im free then. Ive never met any achaeans IRL, I just order pizza for them. Im just outside NYC right now near bear mt. Should be here a few months. 
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    hurricane season meet :D i am still not allowed to enter the states for two-three more years though #pakistaniproblems

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Damn places with seasons

• This actually sounds interesting! Maybe 2017 will be the year I finally get off my ass and book my vacation for the east coast.
  • I've never been to NY. This could be fun!
    Rangor said:
    This actually sounds interesting! Maybe 2017 will be the year I finally get off my ass and book my vacation for the east coast.
    bah. I have to get a new passport if i want to go. if you have any middle eastern or south Asian countries on your passport, America make it hard for you to get past border D:

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • Mishgul said:
    Rangor said:
    This actually sounds interesting! Maybe 2017 will be the year I finally get off my ass and book my vacation for the east coast.
    bah. I have to get a new passport if i want to go. if you have any middle eastern or south Asian countries on your passport, America make it hard for you to get past border D:
    if you start trying now, maybe you can get in? I mean.... do you need a sponsor?

• Can we do like... Sushi instead of steak

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:

Because I'm poor and.. steak is awesome but I hate paying someone $40 for a $10 piece of meat

Totally why I just went burger. Which was, in fairness, a delicious as fuck burger, even for the price tag. Don't worry, I'm sure @Aegoth will keep things on the affordable side of the spectrum! (Or we'll make sure he does)
  • I now know places that have happy hours.... $4 drinks... and happy hour food menus with like all you can drink for 90 minutes for like $20 bucks.

Yeah... I feel super new yorker..  i went in kinda blind but now I've seen the light :)

$4 happy hour? That sounds awesome. Drinking in NYC is so expensive. Couldn't afford to even get within striking distance of tipsy. :(
  • Melodie said:
    $4 happy hour? That sounds awesome. Drinking in NYC is so expensive. Couldn't afford to even get within striking distance of tipsy. :(
    Practice... my friend.... practice. 

Next time we shall be victorious in drunken debauchorizationity.

• What about California? NYC is so far away!!
  • Hahaha California... hahahahahahahaha
  • We have medium rare steaks AND sushi!!
    Cali is far away for us! Well, not Szan, but the rest of us.
  • Cali and NYC are both far away from me and I want to visit both! But you could all make it easier for me and come to Texas. It's...sort of in the middle.
  • Puxi said:
    We have medium rare steaks AND sushi!!
    We can meet anytime.. san diego here might be in napa in a few weeks

• Aegoth said:
    I went with a steakhouse in an attempt to impress you all. Now that I know I don't have to do that, or be a kind, decent host, the gloves are off. Cheap $1 slices and shitty beer for everyone!
    We were really impressed...

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Los Angeles, Vegas or SF and ill crash the party.
  • Vegas sounds like a plan

• sounds like we had fun

Szanthax said:
    Mishgul said:
    Rangor said:
    if you start trying now, maybe you can get in? I mean.... do you need a sponsor?
    I have to be interrogated as to why I was in Pakistan and who my contacts are and the names of my relatives and what I was doing at midnight on the 4th of july etc etc. It can take between 3 to 8 hours, and a couple of my uncles ended up being a few days in immigration because of it. If I didn't have pakistan mentioned in my passport they will let me through without even looking at me though. 

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Get a new passport book

• Shit in 30 days Trump might not let you in at all. 
  • Morthif said:
    Shit in 30 days Trump might not let you in at all. 
    If trump wins... Well I wanted to say something ridiculous... Like if he wins I'd do blank... But I realize two things. One, it doesn't really matter. Two, he'll never win.