Curingsets: Use them to help Achaea not lag!

Most systems out there use brute force resetting of prios to default values. This is gagged so most people don't know it's happening, but systems like

wundersys do this on death and diagnose. This is mostly because they were released prior to CURINGSETS. Curingsets don't seem to be used much and I think that's because a lot of people don't know they exist and don't know how to use them. I will try to explain them below:

I only have 2 curingsets. so I will just use myself as an example of what commands I needed to accomplish it:

CURINGSET NEW CURRENT (You will always be in this curingset)

CURINGSET NEW DEFAULT (This is only used to store your default curingset, you will never actually be in this curingset)

CURINGSET SWITCH DEFAULT

<set all of your prios to default here - you should only have to do this once>

CURINGSET SWITCH CURRENT

CURINGSET CLONE DEFAULT (You CURRENT set now has all of your default settings)

Now throughout the course of a fight, you will swap prios around.

On diag and on death, instead of resetting each prio one by one you will use:

CURINGSET CLONE DEFAULT

YAY MUCH EASIER

Note: Defence prios and curing status settings will not clone, so if you reset those on diag/death you may want to keep doing it that way. (I do CURING FOCUS

ON for instance because I could have been fighting a class that had it turned off)

If you're on wundersys. I believe you should only have to change the reset priorities function to CURINGSET CLONE DEFAULT once you've made a default

curingset

If you have any questions holler at me. Hopefully this will help with some of the lag during group fights when people are dying/resetting prios a lot.

Comments

• you can only have like 3 curing sets before you have to buy more iirc

if you're gonna make me pay for curing sets i'm just not going to use them
    spread positivity
  • This stuff is so beyond me...I don't even have server side stuff set up. Jhui, halp.
  • Would it be possible to get something to handle server-side defenses in a similar manner to cure sets? I don't know that people switch those priorities for defences around or not on things like Starburst,  but it's something I've been meaning to do, like reseting the priority on all of my balance/eq taking defences on Starburst (deathsight, mindseye, etc), so I can safely back flip away or keep holding down my shield alias to beat the things I have set to override my queue (like Songbird).

If all of what I'm doing there (or planning to do) isn't necessary anyways I wouldn't mind any tips on how to better handle those situations efficiently. In Aetolia I'm 100% client side, so using server side stuff is still a bit new to me.
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    Having a "default" curingset given to everyone, on top of their current allowance, might help with this solution.

I know currently there is a way to reset a curingset, but it resets it to a pre-defined default set that I don't think can be changed.  If it could be changed, and even the ability to add defences to a default set, it might give having and using a default setting more value.

I'd use it, but I already like curingsets so it may just be me.

Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • I can't imagine switching priorities like that would be .. needed? That's crazy. Does svo do that?

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    To my knowledge, svof doesn't prio switch that crazily, but I could be entirely wrong. 
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Datrius said:
    This stuff is so beyond me...I don't even have server side stuff set up. Jhui, halp.
    If you don't use serverside curing then there's no reason to set up curingsets. Using pure svof doesn't create this issue.

• Curing sets already support defences. See below:

curingset new test2
    Created the new curing set: 'TEST2'.

curingset switch test2
    You will now cure using the test2 set.

curing priority defence weathering 1
    You have set the 'weathering' defence to the 1 priority.

curing on
    Curing activated.

[Curing]: WEATHERING
    A brief shiver runs through your body.

[Curing]: EAT IRID
    You eat some irid moss.
    You feel your health and mana replenished.

curingset new test3
    Created the new curing set: 'TEST3'.

curingset switch test3
    You will now cure using the test3 set.

You strip Makarios of weathering.

curingset switch test2
    You will now cure using the test2 set.

[Curing]: WEATHERING
    A brief shiver runs through your body.

• Herp derp, thanks. I remember asking someone and they told me it didn't!
  • Cooper said:
    Datrius said:
    This stuff is so beyond me...I don't even have server side stuff set up. Jhui, halp.
    If you don't use serverside curing then there's no reason to set up curingsets. Using pure svof doesn't create this issue.
    Isn't server side considered more efficient though? That's why I was considering going to server side and getting this set up.
  • I like this as I've been writing a new system due to instant class switch on 11 classes. I've writen several "wipe/reset/rebuild" for class switching prios, I didn't realize the server strain so I'll be sure and take all this into consideration and focus on sets.
  • Yeah thanks for this.  Was experimenting with it a little while I take a break from my own curing system rebuild.  I also decided to play with multiclass and wasn't sure what the most efficient way to switch defenses was when I switched class. I was told basically, an alias that spams all the commands.  I couldn't believe there wasn't a CURING PRIORITY DEFENCE <name> where I can just switch to what I want for base priorities in the class.

Also, I find the curing system a little confusing to know how to do what I need..  But I figured I would ask Jhui or someone else anyway.  Good to know.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Happy to dig my way through svof's prios, @Makarios, if you had something specific in mind.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Looks like it should be easy enough to implement in WunderSys, I will look into a good way to setup someone initially from install and get an update in for people. 

Thanks for the heads up. 

Just a base display on the differences with the set usage and the reset by force, this only includes curing at the moment, still looking at the defences.  

Before:  https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/2BX3oUEz
    After: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/6nzKsK4v

• Flashbacks to mind sapiencing jhui and dying to lag/freeze.
  • Ahmet said:
    Happy to dig my way through svof's prios, @Makarios, if you had something specific in mind.
    Svof should only change priorities that are actually changed from what I remember when working in multiclass. But since server side doesn't reset defenses on class change, I needed to implement some resetting logic in that branch.
  • edited October 2016
    when i started using svof, i had the curing switches unsubbed so i could see what it is doing. the problem isn't people switching lots of affliction prios during big group events, that probably rarely happens. the problem is the default setting for when you die in svof is to set its defup config to empty, which puts all defenses at 0. so when people die each death is like 15 commands sent by the user triggered by the slain message.

(i think, not 100% sure).

http://pastebin.com/BdQ57M1X
    spread positivity
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Yeah, svo should use curingsets for its different defup and keepup prios.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I have a deeeeep love for @Ahmet

• It would be helpful to +1 curingset for each class you have too.
  • Now that we have three more I think I can!