Auto-following target calls is bad, somehow, I guess

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I play using a cheap (sub $100) Windows 10 tablet, and have buttons all over my screen for things like putting up defences, movement, basic attacking, limb targeting, harmonics, etc.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • @Klendathu shoot me a screenshot if youre willing. Someone asked me about making a gui for tablets recently. Said id give it a shot
  • a general fight like me looks like:

r, sh, us, ic, il, id, ihe, ih, ic, il, ise, cad, mo, mo, mo, f3, f4, f6, f7. That's of course assuming the combo works right the first time, with various other combinations depending on the class I'm fighting and what is going on.
  • Cynlael said:
    ctrl f8... The MMO player in me is weeping at such a keybind.
    CONTROL FATE.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I was using a leap motion controller for a while. I got bored though and put it away.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Antonius said:
    Vender said:
    what i wanna see next is playing achaea with a homebrew wiimote. sheathe my wiimote before every attack as bm imo.
    I think @Zulah was playing around with something similar using a Kinect at one point? May be misremembering some of the details.
    xbox controller

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be

Clearly you're all using outdated technology. This is how I play achaea.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Bann said:
    Antonius said:
    Vender said:
    what i wanna see next is playing achaea with a homebrew wiimote. sheathe my wiimote before every attack as bm imo.
    I think @Zulah was playing around with something similar using a Kinect at one point? May be misremembering some of the details.
    xbox controller
    what a peasant, clearly mouse and keyboard is the best
    spread positivity
  • edited October 2016
    haha nice, i wonder if i can hook up my AKAI mpd midi to achaea too and spam percussia with bard

voice recognition for voicecraft, use "auto"tune
    spread positivity
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    Back in the day, it was rumoured that Tranquility (who was unbeatable) was using voice recognition software so, also back in the day, I decided to try it.  It actually worked surprisingly well despite just using some open source software I downloaded.  Although I never did use it for target calling.  I imagine that could get weird with some of the more unique names.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • Wasn't he artiemonk when web/axk was a thing?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Wasn't he artiemonk when web/axk was a thing?
    He was artied monk back when 1. hardly anybody had artefacts, 2. (almost?) nobody had any kind of automated curing, 3. most people were level 60-80 and therefore had about 3k health.
  • So he'd be Cain, now.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Zahan said:
    Back in the day, it was rumoured that Tranquility (who was unbeatable) was using voice recognition software so, also back in the day, I decided to try it.  It actually worked surprisingly well despite just using some open source software I downloaded.  Although I never did use it for target calling.  I imagine that could get weird with some of the more unique names.
    "target Ydachikachishiroul"

• "target cynholdoniminthemiddleofsomething"
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    edited October 2016
    Atalkez said:
    So he'd be Cain, now.
    I'd compare him to Tanris probably more than Cain.  Might just be me though.

He did offer his system, or at least a system coded by him, for sale.  I think he charged the cost of a buckawn's amulet for it?  Which back then was a fortune.

Quite often he'd round up a dozen people and sneak into the sewers of Shallam.  We'd then blackwind and mass-choke out all the noobs on fish street.  Good times they were.
  • Zahan said:
    Atalkez said:
    So he'd be Cain, now.
    I'd compare him to Tanris probably more than Cain.  Might just be me though.

He did offer his system, or at least a system coded by him, for sale.  I think he charged the cost of a buckawn's amulet for it?  Which back then was a fortune.
    Wasn't his "system" just a bunch of triggers that, for example, sent "outr bloodroot;eat bloodroot" in response to the paralysis line, though? I never used it (I never had anywhere close to 800 credits or whatever he charged at any one time during that period), but that's what I remember hearing. There was no actual logic involved, but even that was far better than what 99% of the game had.

Comparing him to Tanris seems hilarious, since none of the top tier fighters from that period (who haven't really been active since) were remotely good by today's standards. Jarik used to solo Hashan, now he'd almost certainly get steamrolled by most of the mid tier combatants they have.
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    edited October 2016
    I don't know about his system but I heard his at least did consider balance which made it stand out from the rest of us noobs that were, yeah, just coding it to fire on affliction line.  It does seem hilarious to me too, but he was unbeatable by everyone.  

And then there was that guy Andelas who dueled the god and won.  He used a system of highlights and macros, and got damn good at it.  Those L3 battleaxes weren't holding him back either.

While we're bringing up those old days before the woes of auto target calling, what was the name of that D-something girl that everyone used to call an artefact wh*re, in Shallam?

• Probably Dresden? Pretty sure she was highly artied by olden day standards.
  • Antonius said:
    Probably Dresden? Pretty sure she was highly artied by olden day standards.
    Dresden was awesome.... ..also Tranq wasn't unbeatable he just cried a lot when it happened :P These were the days when monks would win just based on like 2 leg breaks... a stun from jpk would mess with everyones system. there was no logic really. Everyone kind of made their own thing for the longest time which was basically just triggers on top of triggers. There were no real affliction classes. Actually sentinals could do something crazy with their tridents where they spin it and hit you every time with it when you hit them so they could like lock you in one combo if you did it wrong. 

• IIRC, the thing about Tranquility is that he was obsessed with his combat record and he basically just wouldn't fight people that he thought could beat him.
  • I jad a copy of his system. It was a mess, unorganized random stuff. Thought I'd never leave zmud, couldnt imagine going back to it now.
  • Zahan said:
    I laughed when I read this. Never used voice recognition software, but I love the idea of it. 
  • Me - "Diva, kill @Zahan"
    AI - "Yes Master, killing Zahan now"
  • Achaea has for a long time been about how well you can code (since they watered down artefacts {skills} to "balance" the game). I mean, I put AK at the same level of game changing as SVO.
  • Why is this thread still open?
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Solnir said:
    Why is this thread still open?
    Because Tranquility necro'd it.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Can we un-necro it

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Aralaya said:
    Can we un-necro it
    Yup.
This discussion has been closed.