ZulahGUI (Free easy GUI)

Fresh Thread Due to Webpage

ZulahGUI 2.0 Website and Downloads

This system is made with people who can NOT code at all in mind. Everything is point and click.

No need to open the settings and change numbers, variables, scripts, triggers, etc...

It allows you to change everything on the fly without restarts or taking more than a few moments to choose where you want things. 

• This will work on Mac, Pc, Linux
  • This will work for all classes.
  • This will work on any healing system (Svo, Svof, Wsys, Trex, Etc Etc)
  • This will not effect anything in your system (Let me know if it does)
  • This requires GMCP to be turned ON
  • Includes Diablo style animated health/mana orbs
  • Currently 4 savable layouts you can switch between on the fly

Setup:

I always suggest you create a NEW Profile for the first time to be sure it works right for you before committing to any new GUI.

• Turn on GMCP and restart
  • Select Package Manager --> Install
  • You must Install: ZulahGUI2.mpackage
  • Install any additional packages you want (You don't have to install them all)

----------------------------------------

Note: If you were using my previous version of this. I suggest redownloading: Map, HPbar, MPbar as those three have been updated to fix several bugs that were found.

Comments

• Added self affliction tracking window. @Puxi you're welcome
  • Zulah said:
    Added self affliction tracking window. @Puxi you're welcome
    Eyyyy!! Holler.
  • A link with a bunch of PNG images I've put together for people to use with the art packages. There are some Diablo ones, the ones I've used in my other systems from angel to alchemist, and some randoms. Hope this helps people who were asking me for images

http://imgur.com/a/QKjP1

• Quick fix in case anyone else has noticed: Its chat capture doesn't capture 'ask' type of says right now. Find the Chat Parser trigger in it and add this:
    ^(.*)(ask|asks)(.*)$

and make it perl regex in the drop-down menu to the right. I already told Zulah about it and he said he'd fix it in the next iteration :)

• Can we get more pics?
  • @Zulah, a friend of mine is running mudlet on some kind of ubuntu/linux setup and couldn't get the GUI to work. Skyped with her and everything. Seemed the core worked but none of the addons did..

...sound familiar? >.>

• edited September 2016
    I've created some demo/tutorial video/gifs they are without audio to help keep them small but I'll still only post the links here to prevent anyone opening the thread and loading them on mobile or some such. Protect your data!

First one shows basic turn on GMCP, install via package manager:
    http://i.imgur.com/1Jw18xH.gif  

Second one shows basic use of the core system: (I also display a common bug found in mudlet3.0 where the bottom border jumps up randomly, all you have to do to fix it is double click the top of the window.)
    http://i.imgur.com/luFjIsE.mp4

The last video is a bit more in depth feature use. Showing how artwork can be used to create a theme for the GUI:
    http://i.imgur.com/PUHzLT2.mp4

After loading the GUI you'll notice you don't have to type anything or open settings. You just click the little half gear on the top left of the screen to get started.
  • edited September 2016
    Might I suggest a news/change-log on the website so that we are able to more cleanly see what you add and change?
  • Hello. I'm having difficulty getting this to work properly. 
    I'm going to assume the problem might lie in the fact that I have a large flatscreen TV instead of a computer monitor as my display.

-I do have GMCP enabled.
    -I have installed all possible packages, and imported them.
    -I have tried the double-click fix for 3.0 and it would very briefly flash what I believe are the other GUI packages and then revert back to the GUI that's shown screenshot below.

http://imgur.com/gcRjKjJ

The chat box and the left and right boarder buttons are the only things that I can tell are working for me. When I click any of the other buttons, I can't tell if they are doing anything.
  • edited September 2016
    Jinara said:
    Hello. I'm having difficulty getting this to work properly. 
    I'm going to assume the problem might lie in the fact that I have a large flatscreen TV instead of a computer monitor as my display.

-I do have GMCP enabled.
    -I have installed all possible packages, and imported them.
    -I have tried the double-click fix for 3.0 and it would very briefly flash what I believe are the other GUI packages and then revert back to the GUI that's shown screenshot below.

http://imgur.com/gcRjKjJ

The chat box and the left and right boarder buttons are the only things that I can tell are working for me. When I click any of the other buttons, I can't tell if they are doing anything.
    Looks like you have a system font size messing things up. The fonts in the settings window you have open there are set to an exact size (8 I believe without checking) For some reason 8 is very large on your screen.

Also looks like you need to restart after installing packages.

@Jinara msg me here in forums and we'll walk through getting it working for you if it means setting new font sizes in the code for your screen it shouldn't be an issue.

Heawon said:
    Might I suggest a news/change-log on the website so that we are able to more cleanly see what you add and change?
    Will do if I update anything.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    For some reason I can't seem to get art to load. When adjusting the location, I can see it flicker across the main area while moving but it never seems to actually show up anywhere. Any ideas?

• make sure its *.png and double check the on screen location 
    Ah, yeah converting to .png did the trick, thanks. This is really great and easy to use. I've got one layout setup and going to work on making art borders.

Just a note to anyone working with the art, I don't think you can get art behind the main window, so you're going to have to do some cutting and fit around it. Art will go behind all of the containers though apparently.

Would it be possible to add in a room tracker window, as well as the two green lights you had for eq and balance, and maybe even a general info tracker bar for level, gold, credits, etc?

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited October 2016
    Yeah one of my biggest disappointments when thinking about how to do my gui was the fact that you had to snip your art to make it fit around the windows and stuff instead of just being able to assign a background. It felt like more precision work than I was willing to do. :/ 

Skye said:
    Yeah one of my biggest disappointments when thinking about how to do my gui was the fact that you had to snip your art to make it fit around the windows and stuff instead of just being able to assign a background. It felt like more precision work than I was willing to do. :/ 
    I'm in the process of doing this and will try to make a general template once I get it all arranged neatly and properly.

• Hey Zulah, do you have any battlerage or affliction windows for your GUI?

• @Bann bby, your afflictions or targets? He added self affliction window last patch I believe 
  • I've actually created a bunch of stuff but haven't been on a good connection to upload. I hope to release about 5+ new addons first chance I get. Work has me pretty tied up with sporadic 4g internet access for awhile.
  • Woot! Can't wait. Any spoilers?
  • edited October 2016

Spoilers!
  • Patroklos said:

Spoilers!
    Those are going to look so bad ass on my son's 2007 Fusion that cost him $1200.   RINNNNNNNNGDITTIDINGDING..  Now, can I get a rusty coffee can link?

For some reason my sea map isn't centering up. Is the mapping area too small or something? Not really sure why it's doing this but can't see anything from the top portion. Anyone have any ideas?

Zulah said:
    @Kresslack change the map font size
    That did the trick. Thank you.

• Kresslack said:
    Zulah said:
    @Kresslack change the map font size
    That did the trick. Thank you.
    I made it that way so you could set the window size and font size to work for any screensize mast/deck and nightsight/headdress doesn't matter. Its not a line based capture.
  • I'm a bit confused there. I tried lowering my font size, and now I have my map and half of the last map on top of it. D:

Siduri said:
    I'm a bit confused there. I tried lowering my font size, and now I have my map and half of the last map on top of it. D:
    I only needed to change mine a little to get it situated. With my current layout and map window size, I think I went from 11 to 9. May need to try adjusting it some more?

• Kresslack said:
    Siduri said:
    I'm a bit confused there. I tried lowering my font size, and now I have my map and half of the last map on top of it. D:
    I only needed to change mine a little to get it situated. With my current layout and map window size, I think I went from 11 to 9. May need to try adjusting it some more?
    Think I'll just make a reflex that changes the font size wether I climb the mast or no.

Zulah said:
    I've actually created a bunch of stuff but haven't been on a good connection to upload. I hope to release about 5+ new addons first chance I get. Work has me pretty tied up with sporadic 4g internet access for awhile.
    @Zulah any update on this? Pretty interested to see what you came up with.