Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• Good point! Just a crap race for knight, in that case :( 
  • Considerably faster, if I recall correctly. Is Atavian flight also stopped by weariness?
  • ~1.3-1.4s faster with nimble, than Atavian flight is (also with nimble).
    Yes, it's also stopped by weariness.

• Discipline (Weaponmastery)                    Known: Yes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Syntax:            DISCIPLINE
    Details:
    The true knight does not suffer any potential flaws in form or
    technique. You may now drive the hated imperfection of clumsiness from
    your being, though doing so is taxing and carries a long delay before
    you may do so again.

Driving all thoughts of failure from your mind, you force yourself back into a state of perfection.
    Thank Maya, the Great Mother! Your clumsiness has been cured.
    --40 seconds later--
    You may force yourself to shrug off the imperfections of form once again.
  • Solves clumsy eating your break executions. I think DWC has their clumsy counter coming next batch. 

• Is that balanceless?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • I would be pretty pointless if it wasn't!
  • Can be used for a kelp stack active too. Nice addition.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • so i've noticed that there is no shared exp when it comes to pk and i am wondering why it is so? i know some nice qol things aren't in achaea because it makes achaea more romantic but i don't see how punishing those who take the role of say giving hinder and lock affs in a raid group without big damage is preserving some sort of world sense.
    spread positivity
  • Mindshell said:
    Discipline (Weaponmastery)                    Known: Yes
    Syntax:            DISCIPLINE
    Details:
    The true knight does not suffer any potential flaws in form or
    technique. You may now drive the hated imperfection of clumsiness from
    your being, though doing so is taxing and carries a long delay before
    you may do so again.

Driving all thoughts of failure from your mind, you force yourself back into a state of perfection.
    Thank Maya, the Great Mother! Your clumsiness has been cured.
    --40 seconds later--
    You may force yourself to shrug off the imperfections of form once again.
    If we're going to be doing this, can we look at Balancing too D:
  • Vender said:
    so i've noticed that there is no shared exp when it comes to pk and i am wondering why it is so? i know some nice qol things aren't in achaea because it makes achaea more romantic but i don't see how punishing those who take the role of say giving hinder and lock affs in a raid group without big damage is preserving some sort of world sense.
    Assist XP was discussed at some point, but I think it got buried on the priority list. IIRC

• When is a good time to touch tree against serpents? I think I've been a little heavy handed on it, and would like to use it a little more precisely.
  • Depends on their strategy. Curing impatience with a lucky tree would be great.

• tree on snap is always solid, just gotta make sure you aren't paralysed
  • edited September 2016
    I tree on softlock (asthma anorexia slickness +- impatience) but only if I haven't swapped paralysis lower prio. Or if I'm goldenseal stacked with impatience and a couple lock affs. 

I shield or turtle on snap until impatience falls off and I'm sure hypo isn't behind it. 

• @Dunn, softlock afaik is para/asthma/slick/anorexia. does replacing para with imp still make it a softlock?
  • edited September 2016
    It's a form of soft lock because you can cure out of it. So yes. Sub para for Imp and it's also a softlock because you can cure out of it. Add para and Imp minus weary for a fitnesser and that's also soft imo

what I said is just a treeable softlock because that was the question. Also why I have plus or minus there

• I like to tree super aggressive.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • How in the world do you counter shaman as a bm? Just sparred @Lylith a couple of times and kinda...just got poopied on with bleed :(

• Slow-prep them by only fighting until they start to get a moderate amount of affliction pressure, and then leave. You should start to be uncomfortable if haemophilia goes uncured for two or three curses, and extremely uncomfortable if your bleed starts to rise past 500 or so. If you follow those rules then this match-up is probably Shaman's worst one
  • Bann said:
    How in the world do you counter shaman as a bm? Just sparred @Lylith a couple of times and kinda...just got poopied on with bleed :(
    We've discussed this. It's called getting Bann'd on. Do I need to remind you of our very thorough conversation?
  • Move often. Don't let blight stick for long. Run from speed strip, prior kelp while prone, cure haemophilia as often as you can.

• When is a good time to touch tree against serpents? I think I've been a little heavy handed on it, and would like to use it a little more precisely.
    Depends on what class I am, but usually I like to tree ASAP so I can stay ahead of their momentum longer.

• Calira said:
    Slow-prep them by only fighting until they start to get a moderate amount of affliction pressure, and then leave. You should start to be uncomfortable if haemophilia goes uncured for two or three curses, and extremely uncomfortable if your bleed starts to rise past 500 or so. If you follow those rules then this match-up is probably Shaman's worst one

From my experience with being a shaman working for inflame kill, if you get over 500 bleeding you've got less than 3seconds to gtfo. I'd recommend being extremely uncomfortable at 400 or so bleeding. Then you've got maybe 5-6 seconds, depending on when the last invoke bloodlet happened.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • I have a priority swap that monitors my bleeding levels if I receive haemo. If it passes a certain threshold (let's just say 300), it'll push haemophilia high in my cure priority and notify me (cause bleed messages here are fairly sporadic).

• Dunn said:
    I have a priority swap that monitors my bleeding levels if I receive haemo. If it passes a certain threshold (let's just say 300), it'll push haemophilia high in my cure priority and notify me (cause bleed messages here are fairly sporadic).
    3rd rule of thermopedantics

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • You rub some epseth on an Eagle's Scream.
    You viciously jab an Eagle's Scream into Aylek.
    The songblessing unleashes a strident note.
    You lightly strike the side of Aylek's head with your rapier.
    >>>>>You may not utilise the tremolo in such a way again as of this time.

i'm getting the above line when trying to use tremolo but not receiving any line about tremolo balance returning when it should, and i've waited over a minute to try using tremolo again and the balance is simply not returning. anyone encounter this before?
    spread positivity
  • I knew that it had an internal cooldown on it, but thought it was under 10s. BUG it and see what's what 

• When I was bard im 99% sure it showed a line saying you can tremolo/vibrato again.