Ask Your Producers: September 2016

It has been a crazy few months since Makarios and I took on the role of Co-Producers and answered questions back in May. But inbetween all of the current plots, plans, and projects, we've finagled a couple of days to watch over an AYP thread!

If you've got a question that you've been burning to ask, post it here and we'll do our best to answer it!

(For a look through the previous AYP threads, check here:  http://forums.achaea.com/categories/archives-of-the-terraformer )

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    What's your favourite candy?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • How many times has the wheel been spun in September?

• I stand in the bedroom of my ship and throw 475cr against the wall but I still can't ENTER BED. How I fix?
  • I love red Skittles and Curly Wurlys.
  • Why are the Warhammer and Dirk/Dagger proficiency teachers in Hashan. They're like the only city that has them in there and it is really inconvenient.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    What's the new class?
  • Are the concepts of Cities and Houses set in stone at this point, especially in terms of how each City interacts with the others? Or could it be changed again? I really loved the Team Blue/Team Red concept of old, I wonder if there's any possibility of that ever coming back.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    lol just the red skittles.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • When is Lord Phaestus going to return his attention to the realms? I'd really like to retire and pass on the War Chieftaincy, but I'm not going to do it until after He returns!
  • @Datrius sometimes legacy quirks are worth maintaining for the colour they add to the game.

@Krypton You'll find out soon...

@Silvarien This is very unlikely, it made a black and white (and fairly unfriendly) world out of a faction set made up of various shades of greys.

• @Faur the lure of foreign ales and holiday women is strong. We don't know when Phaestus will return.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    When will we know what things have gotten added to the furniture crafting skill?

When will housing servants and upgrades get looked at again?

Some time ago Tecton was exploring the possibility of introducing clan housing. Any word on that - and if so, can it please be applied to existing plots?
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Jurixe said:
    Some time ago Tecton was exploring the possibility of introducing clan housing. Any word on that - and if so, can it please be applied to existing plots?
    Yes, plz
  • @Babel? No? Ok :dissapointed:
  • Cooper said:
    How many times has the wheel been spun in September?
    Im at or around 3000 spins myself
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    What's the new class?

When are we getting the new class?

Do we get to kill more Tsol'teth in the upcoming event?

If you could implement one new player race into Achaea right now, which would you want most? Which do you think would be the most feasible?

As a producer, what have you built in the game that you are most proud of, be it areas, questlines, npcs, events, etc?

When is UW re-opening?

Cellorran or Makarios?

Tecton or Sarapis?

Is there a chance we'll ever see Seleucar or is that a total no-go?

If you could guarantee one God role that would never go un-filled, what would it be and why?
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Cooper A whole hell of a lot. (I will see if I can get a ballpark number for you.)

@Morthif Unfortunately you cannot fix, but we have plans in the nearish future for this.

@Jurixe
    1. There will be an announce post.
    2. Not anytime soon (likely not this year)
    3. No word on that at the moment.
  • The green tea I just made isn't that great, any recommendations for good loose leaf green tea?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Oh, and when's the next round of new artefacts coming? (So I know to save for that tome :>)
    Huh. Neat.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Have you held Cellorran recently?
  • @Sena become familiar with teapigs.com
  • @Nicola @Markarios -- How are you guys liking the dual co-producer thing? Aetolia did similar and I think it was a really good idea. You guys feel like it's the same here?

• Will we see the return of the Kashari and that plot line?

Will we see the return of @Neraeos

There was once a plan for ships to attack city harbours and stage raids from harbours. Has that been abandoned?

Why cant I get a super rare present off the wheel? That's all I want and I'll stop spinning and flooding the world with crooks.
  • @Cooper: more than 15000, less than 40000.
  • edited September 2016
    As a transplant from Imperian, it seems like a lot of information in Achaea is hidden or vague. Examples:

• The only information you can find on your bashing damage is in mobhealth %, which is extremely low precision to try and make comparisons(how much damage does +1 STR give me vs +1 INT while bashing as Bard).
    • XP gain becomes a little more precise when you get Innersight, but that's still pretty limited information for comparing bashing areas, considering you hit massive xp requirements at higher levels.
    • Even if you see base bal/eq/class balance costs in AB's, finding out the actual bal/eq used, or the amount that is stolen from something like a mob hitting you with a bal-removing skill is limited to calculating that information based on when you see prompts and GMCP info changing, which is prone to fluctuations due to latency.
    • Info on damage taken is also rather limited. You have to make assumptions as to damage type based on the message of the skill that you were hit with. You also don't get the damage from a combo broken down by parts.
    • Resists have to be determined by parsing defences and armour, which is based on having an understanding of how much certain defences impact things(which is data you'll have to do testing to determine, or you'll have to find from someone that has done the testing for you).
    • Outside of the Wiki and using GMCP, you can't find detailed AB's on skills from classes you're not currently in.

The age of Achaea and the presence of things like other-class AB availability, config damageinfo on, RESISTS, etc in other, smaller, younger IRE games suggests to me that this is intentional(possibly as a way to keep Achaea different, but I don't know that being different for the sake of difference is always worth it). Is that true, or have people just never gotten IDEA's through to get these things changed?

If these things are open to change, I will absolutely get some IDEAs put in to do so.
  • Bann said:
    @Nicola @Markarios -- How are you guys liking the dual co-producer thing? Aetolia did similar and I think it was a really good idea. You guys feel like it's the same here?

I think its going well! I can't comment on Aetolia, I'm not familiar with how it operated for them.

• @Bann I'm very much enjoying having a Co-Producer in crime to plot, plan, and lean on when the days get a little hectic. Could not imagine doing this without Mak.

@Zulah Yes, yes, not abandoned but on a backburner for a brainstorming week down the line someday in the distant future, RNG must hate you.
  • What's your most proud accomplishment so far this year?

What do you think next year's will be?

• Zulah said:
    Cooper said:
    How many times has the wheel been spun in September?
    Im at or around 3000 spins myself
    That's lIke 75000 credits.. wut :no_mouth:

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
This discussion has been closed.