Discussion of Limb Counting, What's Right and What's Wrong.

2»

Comments

• Hmm. The only thing I don't like is that people are able to fake apply with mending, which effectively does nothing. It would be cool if you had to fake apply with restoration, but would be overpowered for monks ^_^

• edited November 2012
    I fake apply with caloric.

(That used to be even better: salves that weren't ever meant to be applied to those body parts actually used to take no salve balance at all, so you could apply caloric to arms/legs/head or mending to torso entirely for free. That was fixed though, so it takes the normal one second of salve balance now - which still is essentially for free in most cases.)
  • Garao said:
    umm

For clarity, limb curing does not work like that. The exact limb to be cured is not specified at the initial apply @Jacen. For example, if you only had a broken right leg, and apply restoration. 3 seconds after you apply restoration your left leg breaks. Your left leg will cure. etc
    Didn't know it worked like that. I knew that. I knew the left side was favored, but I assumed that the server knew which leg was applied to at the time the salve was applied, not deciding that point at the time of the cure. So, why does the system work this way? Why is it not -- apply restoration to left leg-- ?
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Honestly, the idea of specifying which limb is applied, is a ludicrous idea, tbh. It'll cause more laziness in fights, instead of the enemy KNOWING which limb he broke, they get to SEE it? Come on, keep track of each limb, you don't need it told to you. (In short, walk on your own legs, mama needs to stop carrying you.)  (This is to the lazy fighters out there.)
  • Jacen said:
    Garao said:
    umm

For clarity, limb curing does not work like that. The exact limb to be cured is not specified at the initial apply @Jacen. For example, if you only had a broken right leg, and apply restoration. 3 seconds after you apply restoration your left leg breaks. Your left leg will cure. etc
    Didn't know it worked like that. I knew that. I knew the left side was favored, but I assumed that the server knew which leg was applied to at the time the salve was applied, not deciding that point at the time of the cure. So, why does the system work this way? Why is it not -- apply restoration to left leg-- ?
    It does provide certain interesting advantages to both sides. On the defensive side it allows for things like pre-applying to a limb just before it breaks, which usually is very hard to get right, but effective if you manage to. On the offensive side it makes certain break setups much more effective, particularly when it involves two broken/mangled arms: many things require you to have one cured arm, so being able to cure one arm completely before starting to cure the other would often be much more advantageous than semi-curing one arm, then the other, then the first completely. This is particularly relevant for puppetry/vodun mangle, but can be relevant for several other breaking strategies as well.
  • Iocun said:
    Jacen said:
    Garao said:
    umm

It does provide certain interesting advantages to both sides. On the defensive side it allows for things like pre-applying to a limb just before it breaks, which usually is very hard to get right, but effective if you manage to. On the offensive side it makes certain break setups much more effective, particularly when it involves two broken/mangled arms: many things require you to have one cured arm, so being able to cure one arm completely before starting to cure the other would often be much more advantageous than semi-curing one arm, then the other, then the first completely. This is particularly relevant for puppetry/vodun mangle, but can be relevant for several other breaking strategies as well.
    Does restoration always cure the more severe break first, then, independent of side? So that with two mangled arms, the first resto would go to the left arm, next to the right, third to the left and fourth to the right?
  • edited November 2012
    Eld said:
    Iocun said:
    Jacen said:
    Garao said:
    umm

Does restoration always cure the more severe break first, then, independent of side? So that with two mangled arms, the first resto would go to the left arm, next to the right, third to the left and fourth to the right?
    That is correct. The cure order for restoration to arms/legs is:
    1. Mangled left arm/leg.
    2. Mangled right arm/leg.
    3. Broken left arm/leg.
    4. Broken right arm/leg.

• So mending and restoration go in opposite orders? Mending goes right to left.
  • Limb damage is fine.
  • Limb damage can get annoying, but not for the abovementioned issues.

People touching gem mid fight to reset their limb counters (they cleared my bug about this -- does that mean it's fixed?), or wiping off their jera runes to change their breakpoint mid-fight. Those are what irritate me. Not 1-4 above.
  • @Namino:
    Yes, fixed. Negation only clears treeable affs now.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Limb damage is an awesome mechanic to capitalise on and also to learn to use n it's current state

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae