Grook Knight?

edited August 2016 in Quick Class Questions
Honestly, without artefacts, as a grook knight (haven't decided between paladin, runie or infernal yet) am i even going to be effective? i can't go a new race so i'm seeking advice on some advice on classes, been a while since i've been around so i am a bit behind.

EDIT: opinions on occultist or apostate? can you even be an apostate outside mhaldor?

Comments

• Grook warrior has 13 Str which is 1 less then most races Str spec and 2 less then the highest Str specs. Paladin with Inspirstion + fury + Str trait gets you to 18 which isn't terrible. 
  • edited August 2016
    You can be a rogue apostate, with approval from Mhaldor that you're not going to be helping their enemies in any way, shape or form. Other than that, no. Dey gon' anathema you fast (now that Harmonia is logging in again, at least judging by the fact she's not unranked anymore) - I'm pretty sure they keep eyes on you a lot if you're rogue apo, though. Of course, my information there may be dated, just going by what I was last told by her!

• Basically for evil, so long as you in no way hamper or attempt to thwart the goals of evil, then you are safe. This includes raids on a city. Even if you are part of said city (such as hashan) and attempt to defend, this would be seen as hampering their goals. Rogue life as a necro is pretty simple if you follow the basic rule and from time to time you might find a mhaldorian asking why you dont join Sartan's city. If you can convince them with a good enough RP reason for why then you should be safe.

As for occultists, at this point in time it is more about being rejected by other orgs rather than chaos rejecting you. There is no form of "cutting off" for occultists. You simply will find many orgs that reject their presence.
  • Asmodron said:
    As for occultists, at this point in time it is more about being rejected by other orgs rather than chaos rejecting you. There is no form of "cutting off" for occultists.
    I think there might be, actually, but there's nobody monitoring it and it's pretty much all on the admin-side?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Belatedly, yes you can be cut off from the Chaos Plane. However, only Babel can do it.