Effective aliasing and keybinding

Hello, everyone.  First time Jester here. I've been trying to get started on building my aliases and keybindings to get started on combat learning and I have a few Jester-specific concepts I am having trouble addressing. 

1) How does one handle puppet swapping for group combat? I'm not sure if I should create a table to handle all the puppet numbers and their owners and then just have every reflex check wielded puppet, then swap to the targets, then use whatever ability.. What have you found works best?

2) How do you handle your forced commands? Do you have a preferar alias and then hierophant, then a combo alias that orders then follows with whatevet, or do you have aliases specifically just to order? It seems it would be easier to do combos, but I know versatility is important for Jester.

3) I want to avoid to being the annoying enemy that flies/runs/shields until my slow prep (puppet fashions) is complete. How do you minimize your time fashioning to keep combat enjoyable but still remain competitive?

4) What are some beginner concepts for me  get down and what techniques should I avoid until I'm more experienced?

Comments

• Ok, I'll be experimenting, but there aren't any Loosian Jesters about, so if anyone wants to help out, hit me up in-game.

• 1. I'm pretty sure a change was put in a long while back to make it so you can do something like 'wield puppet cooper' or something like that. Most puppetry commands don't need a target put in, they will hit whichever puppet you have wielded. You can make your target alias switch puppets with queue/queue prepend or whatever works for you. You can also make your aliases/keybindings use your current target, and always try to wield that puppet before doing the attack.

2. That's entirely up to you, should do whatever works best for you or feels right.

3. You either fashion until you can destroy them with the puppet, try for juggling aeon locks, or try to figure out a few tricks using low puppet fashions (figuring that stuff out is most of the fun of the class, I'd really suggest trying to figure out lots of things on your own before you ask others).

4. Jesters are going to get wrecked by damage so watch out for that, but they are very hearty vs. afflictions due to sun tarot and fool. If you don't run away when you're in danger you're going to die a lot. If you don't like that style of combat then Jester might not be for you.

More specific answer - timing is HUGELY important as Jester. When you're throwing axes when someone is aeoned, you don't necessarily want to be attacking with queue - sometimes it is important to let someone cure something, and then hit them with that aff again immediately.

• Thank you, @Cooper. That's the kind of answer I was looking for.  I'll put in the time.  Today I started a Tarot Deck... You'd be surprised how few of cards 999 cards actually is!

• I think it's just WIELD {Cooper} (with the curly brackets) to specify that you want to wield a puppet/doll of that person, but I could be wrong. Surprised that isn't listed in the AB file since that's pretty crucial information; if it's not it might be worth submitting a TYPO to get it added in.
  • Antonius said:
    I think it's just WIELD {Cooper} (with the curly brackets) to specify that you want to wield a puppet/doll of that person, but I could be wrong. Surprised that isn't listed in the AB file since that's pretty crucial information; if it's not it might be worth submitting a TYPO to get it added in.
    If this is accurate, it's definitely something that needs to be in ab files for vodun/puppetry. 
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Pretty sure it is, but I haven't been able to check in game yet.