New York City!!

Comments

• New post for schedule:

- Arrive and meet up at Grand Central at 11am.

- From there go to the Museum of Modern Art or Natural History (pending about 1130a-12p pending when others meet)

- Meet more people around 2pm. Walk around/shop/park. This can't be scheduled because it's based on what people want to do and we'll already be a group.

- 530pm dinner at West Side Steakhouse

-Comedy Cellar, 915p or 1030p

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Think we're set on MoMA, now that I got the ticket stuff situated. Though really, either would be fine (I just am a bit of a creative nerd).
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Bought .ca sandwich yesterday for my flight. Forgot it at work. Bought another sandwich on the way to the airport...Forgot it in the terminal. 

Pics and stuff

Arrived laaaaate last night after a flight delay and a lot of crazy. But so happy to be here! Holed up with my cousin and beginning to experience the city. No pictures yet, but soon. Yours is gorgeous, Szan!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    Still on my way to the ... Hotel. Hehehe. I'm totally slumming it basketball shorts and star wars t-shirt.... I'd never make it in devil wears prada...

And now i'm starving but have zero interest in going out and finding a place to get food... lol

• Szanthax said:
    And now i'm starving but have zero interest in going out and finding a place to get food... lol
    Describing the story of my life.

You guys be safe and have so much fun! I wish I could have made it up but life is just a bit tricksy now for getting any plans to come through.

Enjoy all the brands of crazy you'll pass in the streets, @Melodie!

• I've always wanted to go to one of these meet-ups, and you guys seem like an awesome bunch. Eat lots of good food and have a great time! 
  • Alcinae said:
    I've always wanted to go to one of these meet-ups, and you guys seem like an awesome bunch. Eat lots of good food and have a great time! 
    Why don't you come along?
  • I've got work this Saturday, unfortunately (and other plans afterwards).
    Well I'm here now...... :expressionless: need to find a gay bar

• Go to East Village. Plenty there

• edited August 2016
    west village too. I mean finding a gay bar in Manhattan really isn't a problem. 
    yeah i'm just tired and lazy at this point lol

also.... I turn every bar into a gay bar...

So, cousin is not getting home tomorrow until like 7:30-8pmish, so she's leaving her key with me so I can get out and do stuff. I'm a bit sore (getting used to moving around so much), but if anyone in the area is willing, would be happy to meet up somewhere (preferably somewhat close for the sake of my beginner's NYC navigation skills) to chill, grab a drink and chat or somesort.

I do have plans to probably wander around some pokestops tomorrow, but I definitely can't fill a day with that. Lemme know if any of y'all want to meet up!
    @Melodie where you be at

@Sarapis your name came up :) 

Nothing but the best words

edited August 2016
    Why did we not think to take more pictures?! 

I guess we got busy discussing everything in the world except Achaea. :P

Edit: That ssid, preeeetttyyy sure I already got a sunburn. GG me.
  • how the fuck did you get a sunburn in the evening?

And today shall certainly be picture day!
    Pretty sure I got it from wandering around my block for an hour or two yesterday. I just forgot temporarily that the sun is evil.
    Ps it's ducking hot

• Szanthax said:
    Ps it's ducking hot
    So is Rebecca
  • Wait, so how many people ended up going? Is it just you five?
  • 8 but 3 are non Achaeans
  • Saw this thread a bit late! I was just in NYC a few days ago. Was in Maine last month, Boston last week, now working a job in PA.
    @Melodie @aegoth Hey! I hope we get to hang out some more before I leave town.... fundage a bit low but I'd still love to hang out and get a quick bite to eat or something even to just sit and hang out :)