Self Limb Counter

124»

Comments

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Ernam said:

@Caladbolg‌

SLC never "does" anything regarding curing.  What it -does- do is interface with your system, and tell it that you have a broken torso, when you do.  For those using SVO, it uses svo.vaff("mildtrauma").  For server curing, it uses the CURING PREDICT functionality.  In both cases, your curing will occur based upon your settings and priorities.  Also, this functionality is entirely optional, and even toggleable.

Furthermore, the combat implications of using such a system range far beyond just torso damage.  Being able to reference (in code) the exact status of your limbs allows you to automate curing priority swaps that were never before able to be "coded in".  Now, for example, instead of having to manually take over curing for heartseed, or create complex (and unreliable) aliases to override normal curing, you can simply automate whatever logic that you would use as a player into your system.  Without a good self limb damage tracker, this simply cannot be automated.  Knowing to "hold off" on curing a broken leg when your torso is prepped against a sylvan is something your system can only do if it knows your torso is prepped.  This functionality extends to essentially every class that can do limb damage.  It can also be used for simple but incredibly effective "fake" salve applications, illusions, and pre-application of salves in user-defined circumstances.

So you're right, it's definitely becoming a more common thing, and is definitely going to impact the world of combat, specifically for classes that revolve around limb damage.

Many people have been using such systems for a long time, however it was my intention to make a system that is easy, accurate, and fully integratable into whatever system you prefer.  I'm also proud to offer the system to anyone, with or without payment.  I personally believe that this tracker is worth 50cr.  (It's worth the 100+ hours of work I've put into developing, testing, and perfecting it).

@Caladbolg, if you'd like a copy, just msg me your e-mail and I'll send it.  I only ask that you pay for it if once you've tried it out, you feel that it's worth the 50cr.  I'm absolutely confident that once you see it (not just in testing, but in actual fights, saving your hide) you'll see why so far everyone who uses SLC loves it.  Once you get comfortable using SLC's API to set up custom limb swaps in certain scenarios, you'll wish you'd have found it a lot sooner.

Already seen it in action just broke atm.

• edited June 2014

I'm going to be distributing an update soon, so in an effort to minimize the amount of updates in general, if you have any last-minute feedback, please get it in now so I can implement any good ideas or fix any potential bugs.

Thanks  :)

• edited June 2014

The limb damage mini-console still causes font problems (in my main window) in OSX, but windows seems to be handling it fine.  It's included in the update, but is disabled by default.  I'll be posting instructions for customizing it soon.

My best guess is that it's a graphics driver issue, or some weird bug with the Mac distro for mudlet.  Fortunately Achaea seems to be a primarily windows crowd.

• Sounds good thanks man

Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • edited June 2014

So I just realized how poor the default values for non-percentage based limb damage (DSL/Tekura/etc) are for dragons.  I'm implementing a (non-SVO dependant) adjustment for dragonform now, and will be pushing an update out for it soon.

Fortunately I don't think many people do any serious 1v1 dueling in dragonform, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal, in the meantime.

• Is this thing a still? @Ernam are you still alive? I actually found my original copy on Google Drive of SLC. Wondering if you're supporting an update in a dropbox somewhere for all the new changes. And if you're still alive.
    "To thine own self be true."
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Necromancer need no limb counters

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Ernam got superbanned. Not coming back.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • why?  
  • Cause he sent a massively threatening/whining e-mail to Sarapis. You can probably find it, since Sarapis posted it as a laugh for everyone to read. He might've also removed the post, though.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    None of our business. Just Ernam things.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I do remember whining.
    "To thine own self be true."
  • Klendathu said:
    For posterity's sake: I'm not banned, I just took the hint.  I log in to say hi and support people who use my systems as best I can, given the many changes since I published.
  • Oh god it's back.
  • Also this here says pretty clearly.
    Also.

11. No suspension or ban workarounds.

If your account has been banned or suspended, do not create or use an alternate account to post. 

• like... how do you even get banned? I'm pretty much lord of jackassery... and i'm still here? (maybe my jackassery has been toned down in the bajillion years i've been playing)

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Szanthax You act like Dajio, that's how.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I think technically this is his first account. The second one was the work around. I dunno. Anyway, Welcome back. We hope you stay if you are calmer. :)
  • Shecks said:
    Klendathu said:
    For posterity's sake: I'm not banned, I just took the hint.  I log in to say hi and support people who use my systems as best I can, given the many changes since I published.
    If Godzilla has been updated recently, hit me up please? I thought you were a goner, man!

• edited November 2016
    Siduri said:
    Shecks said:
    Klendathu said:
    If Godzilla has been updated recently, hit me up please? I thought you were a goner, man!
    The existing API allows the system to be scaled almost indefinitely, you just have to add new triggers and tell the system what they do.  There's plenty of examples on how to do this in the system, out of the box.  

There may be some fundamental changes to curing or affliction coding (ex: hypochondria) that would require an update, though, so I will see if I can pop in some time to investigate.

As for SLC, it is probably useless at this point due to all the changes (which I haven't read), other than for preventing heartseed maybe.  However it is all open source - and as far as I can tell - a few people have already taken over keeping it up to date (at least, for themselves)

• Daeir said:
    Where'd you end up slapping the repo for SLC? Curious to see.
    Don't understand the question, sorry
  • I shared it with around a hundred people, and it is not compiled at all - but unfortunately I never posted it on github.  Try asking around?  I am sure I can dig up a copy somewhere - although again - I am sure it is quite outdated at this point.
  • So, to necro this thread one more time, is there any of this code floating around, in any sort of state? Last time this thread came back up, I was hoping it might end up somewhere, but seems like it didn't, and I'm not sure I've got anyone to ask, myself.