Artefact Armour Arrives

Comments

• Scrolls say embrasures are twice base  cost, but forging comms and when I actually forge show only the base cost now (in the beginning it did show double). I've been asked to inquire to make sure it's correct that it's only the base cost. Thanks!
    @Nicola @Makarios
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego

Still saving for pirate

• I will be sad if it is pirate

• Omor said:
    @Antonius
    As others have said, we'll see in a month or two when it levels out. I'm of the opinion that the majority of people who care enough to ask a smith to make them armour instead of just "DIRECTORY ARMOUR 'k what's the cheapest one...' " will buy the artie armour, because it doesn't decay and they can more precisely customize the look, instead of just from a list of descriptors. You disagree, and that's fine. Either way, we'll see.
    Weapons gallery is worse for this than artefact armour is, since they're dirt cheap and last 127 months. Only problem is no fullplate or leather

Proprietor: Merentesh.
    --------(Item)------(Description)------------------------------(Stock)--(Price)
          ringmail17544 a suit of ring mail                            15    2200gp
                        Cutting%   24;  Blunt%   17;  Magic%  n/a
         scalemail17588 a suit of scale mail                           10    3000gp
                        Cutting%   28;  Blunt%   25;  Magic%  n/a
         chainmail17693 a suit of steel chain mail                     10    4500gp
                        Cutting%   34;  Blunt%   28;  Magic%  n/a
        splintmail18071 a suit of splint mail                          10    6000gp
                        Cutting%   37;  Blunt%   30;  Magic%  n/a
        fieldplate18139 a suit of polished field plate armour          10   10000gp
                        Cutting%   42;  Blunt%   41;  Magic%  n/a

• Is there a way to see your artefact trade in history? I feel like I didn't get very much for my ring of the magus that was bugged for 6 months since logosmas...
  • Drot said:
    Is there a way to see your artefact trade in history? I feel like I didn't get very much for my ring of the magus that was bugged for 6 months since logosmas...
    CREDITHISTORY
  • Tolan said:
    Drot said:
    Is there a way to see your artefact trade in history? I feel like I didn't get very much for my ring of the magus that was bugged for 6 months since logosmas...
    CREDITHISTORY
    I thought I posted this in quick questions....heh, but thanks. Doesn't go back far enough.

On topic, I really don't like so effect on armour. I really want it, because SoA is kind of awkward for classes without grip imo. Is there someway for an occie to have a grip effect? SoA is obviously better if you can be sure never to unwield it, but I can't seem to keep my lame shieldwhere it's sposed to be.

• Kafziel said:
    Omor said:
    @Antonius
    As others have said, we'll see in a month or two when it levels out. I'm of the opinion that the majority of people who care enough to ask a smith to make them armour instead of just "DIRECTORY ARMOUR 'k what's the cheapest one...' " will buy the artie armour, because it doesn't decay and they can more precisely customize the look, instead of just from a list of descriptors. You disagree, and that's fine. Either way, we'll see.
    Weapons gallery is worse for this than artefact armour is, since they're dirt cheap and last 127 months. Only problem is no fullplate or leather

Yea, full plate at 5-50 creds a pop kind of gets old with only 60 months durability 
  • Drot said:
    Tolan said:
    Drot said:
    CREDITHISTORY
    I thought I posted this in quick questions....heh, but thanks. Doesn't go back far enough.

On topic, I really don't like so effect on armour. I really want it, because SoA is kind of awkward for classes without grip imo. Is there someway for an occie to have a grip effect? SoA is obviously better if you can be sure never to unwield it, but I can't seem to keep my lame shieldwhere it's sposed to be.
    Attach fist to shield.
  • Drot said:

Kafziel said:
    Omor said:
    @Antonius

Yea, full plate at 5-50 creds a pop kind of gets old with only 60 months durability 
    Why the hell are you paying that much? Fullplate without fancy descriptors is like 12 or 13k worth of commodities at most. Just find an Armoursmith willing to forge for a reasonable fee.
  • @Antonius with how much it costs to gain the blacksmithing ranks, pretty sure any forger does it for comms.
  • Does anyone know how horkval resistance stacks with the artefact armour paragon?

Would horkval magi with blunt/cutting resist paragon be OP?

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Borran said:
    Does anyone know how horkval resistance stacks with the artefact armour paragon?

Would horkval magi with blunt/cutting resist paragon be OP?
    Same as any resistance stacking. Would get about 6.7% reduction from the paragons instead of 7, with horkval armour beforehand, assuming you had no other resistances.
    Huh. Neat.
    Hotcakes wear armour ( autocorrect but I loved it)

• Cloth armour, which allows paragons

• edited November 2016
    The issue of Dragon cloth armour came up on a clan recently and I was pointed here (rezz!) ... Has there been any consideration to @Skye's comment about functional paragons for Dragons? That being directed to @Makarios and @Nicola.

I ask because I was saving up for crit paragons. I don't know any Dragons that hunt in lesser. So if cloth armour is supposed to be bugged (I was advised to not try to wear cloth armour as a Dragon as it's bug abuse), then there are two paragons that Dragons simply can't and won't ever use.

And I don't mean "Whilst in dragonform they won't use them". I mean, literally no one would buy the hunting paragons who has already reached level 99, because literally no one that can Dragonform does not hunt in Dragonform (correct me if I'm wrong, I am rather new to Dragon, but I have never seen it myself).
    "To thine own self be true."
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I hunt in lesser if I can at all help it. I know most don't, though.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    And I don't mean "Whilst in dragonform they won't use them". I mean, literally no one would buy the hunting paragons who has already reached level 99, because literally no one that can Dragonform does not hunt in Dragonform (correct me if I'm wrong, I am rather new to Dragon, but I have never seen it myself).
    You're wrong.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • There's really only two reasons you'd hunt as a Dragon. You need the tanking ability or your lesserform class is among the worst for bashing damage. The moment you don't need the tanking ability of Dragon you're usually better off hunting in lesserform.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Or you are snb and the bashing is suuuuuper slow
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Didn't SnB damage use to be a lot faster than the other specs too?
    edited November 2016
    I  bash in Dragon because I  envision thoth stabby  stronger with 21 str... 

And  the  thought of it makes me giggle

• Szanthax said:

Didn't they nerf the damage of thoth dagger down from 60 damage to 20 damage?

I know I stopped using it once I realized the change. Currently using an eagle scimitar (I dare em to nerf that one and screw over DC knights just to nerf Dragon bashing :| ).
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Lucianus said:
    Szanthax said:

I know I stopped using it once I realized the change. Currently using an eagle scimitar (I dare em to nerf that one and screw over DC knights just to nerf Dragon bashing :| ).
    I'm not entirely sure, but I suspect DSL isn't just double jab damage, so I'm not sure this'd actually correlate! :D 

Also, the only place I hunt in dragonform is the Unsidhe court, cuz ouchies, Fomori. Everything else, Paladin ftw! 
  • Lucianus said:
    Szanthax said:

They did... but... I did like... math? or something? I gutted something... and jabbed something... and then like divided by like... seconds? or something? I'm not sure.... but yeah...

it seemed like jab was still a little bit better than gut.. .and then i can run away faster too. Also... like educe iron is wicked slow. So ... I dunno. I haven't really seen a downside of jabbing.

• edited December 2016
    Yes please to the above.

As it currently stands, those with classes that can not handle the high tier bashing locations (which frankly is all classes but Knights, Sylvan and Priest), will generally have to opt for the SoA shield while in dragonform to hunt. As we know, Dragon cannot use any paragons, and it just becomes a big chunk extra of credits to pay to have SoA in armour as well for classes that cant wield it.
  • Dragons can use paragons on cloth armour.

It's just an extra money sink to buy the SoA paragon because you're main class can't wield a shield.
  • Frederich said:
    Dragons can use paragons on cloth armour.

It's just an extra money sink to buy the SoA paragon because you're main class can't wield a shield.
    Dragons are not supposed to be able to use Cloth Armour or I'd just have some forged to put my paragon in.
  • I literally issue'd and asked.  Dragons are supposed to be able to wear paragon armour.

Message #557 Sent by Dalinor

11/20/21:44 Greetings! Regarding your issue #78030: It is currently allowable for dragons to wear cloth armour and to use paragons therein. Please let us know if you have any further questions via ISSUE ME!