Halls of Death

Comments

• Still want to see Aegis', Neraeos', and Prospero's. I can't help but see the last as buying you out of death, like bail money.
  • Krypton pasted Neraeos'
  • When I died I got Vastar even though I am an enemy to Vastar and a Cyrenian. Fun times!
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Razzlo said:
    When I died I got Vastar even though I am an enemy to Vastar and a Cyrenian. Fun times!
    Embrace the Storm!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Razzlo said:
    When I died I got Vastar even though I am an enemy to Vastar and a Cyrenian. Fun times!
    Embrace the Storm!
    Yeah, RPwise Razz was pretty damn perplexed. Specially with this speech...

"You have fallen to calamity, the Storm's influence upon your life too great for
    you to bear. But this is not escapable by death." The climactic God assesses you
    with a stern expression.

"You will return, Razzlo, and you will have a choice, face and embrace the
    Storm, triumph and glory in its power, or you shall wander these lands again,
    ever imperiled and hindered by its mercurial influence."

Maybe it is because I heartstopped? The suicide aspect making me face the one God that does not like me much?

In any case, weird to see the God of the only organization that has you enemied to change your shit
  • Krypton said:
    [...]

Prospero:

[...]
    [...]

I'm sold, I want to see that every time.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • I want to know what tinclenite is.

• I laughed at Pandora's, I kept thinking in my head.... you cake nazi!  NO CAKE FOR YOU!!!!
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Trey said:
    I want to know what tinclenite is.
    It's like some super-rare super-precious metal that Prospero found in his travels. Idk much more than that. His shrines are made of it though, if you want to go take a look.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Man I like the new Prospero, at least at first glance. If I weren't completely attached at the hip with Phaestus' order I'd do just fine there, I think.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Last one, before Ugrach makes them all go away:

--------------------

[...]

The tantalising sound of running water roars in your ears, now deafening in its
    sweet euphony. Lured onward by the beckoning current, you draw closer, certain
    your destination lies mere inches from your grasping reach.

It is an eternity before the blessed sight of a roaring waterfall fills your
    gaze, cascading downwards from the jagged edge of a nearby precipice and into
    the lightless depths of the unknown. Parched beyond imagination and wholly
    consumed by a singular purpose, you stagger towards the cliff to an inevitable
    fall.

You reach out with translucent hands, eager for your first sip from the
    glistening cascade of water. Heedless of your surroundings, you take a final
    step towards the precipice, pitching yourself off the edge entirely.

As you begin your free fall into the bleak embrace of darkness, a fearsome
    lion's roar followed by the clatter of wheels shatters the eerie tranquility of
    the surroundings. You catch a glimpse of a mailed gauntlet at the fringes of
    your vision, before a violent tugging sensation returns you back onto solid
    ground.

Saved from the brink of eternal rest, you lift your gaze and settle them upon
    your saviour. The armoured form of Aegis, the God of War, stands upon a chariot
    of blackened steel drawn by two great golden lions. Wordlessly, He beckons for
    you to follow behind Him and proceeds on without a second glance.

The occasional clacking of wheels break the silence as you trudge behind the God
    of War, moving through the endless, desert-like terrain.

"In the numerous wars waged in My name, I have sent many souls to wander across
    these wretched wastelands. Thoth returned some of them to life, while others
    were consigned to an everlasting sleep," resonates the voice of the War God,
    "Now it has fallen to the Pantheon to share this responsibility that lies
    abandoned with His death, but time is a precious resource upon My battlefields
    that I cannot afford to waste on you."

The chariot of blackened steel rolls to a slow stop. The desert-like terrain is
    gone, replaced by unfamiliar, mist-wreathed surroundings. Aegis, God of War
    disembarks from the carriage, His black inscrutable eyes examining your drained
    countenance. "We linger at the threshold of the Soulrealms here. Fate deems that
    you shall live again."

Swiftly unsheathing a scimitar from a scabbard at His side, Aegis, God of War
    brings the weapon to bear, cleaving you cleanly into two with incredible
    strength and efficient speed. "And so you will," He rumbles, "Learn from this
    experience, [player], and never visit again."

Your surroundings explode in a flash of blinding light. As the white glow
    gradually recedes, you realise you now linger within a dark and rough cave.
    Glancing down at your fully restored body, you wonder if you are truly whole
    after the disconcerting experience and leave for the world outside.
  • So...Ugrach didnt come back after all and Throne of Death collapsed.

Should be interesting to see what happens now
  • Logs please for those of us stuck at the beach. 
  • Asmodron said:
    So...Ugrach didnt come back after all and Throne of Death collapsed.

I thought it odd they would go through all the work of writing all those death sequences for each God only to use them for a couple days before replacing them with a standard death through Ugrach
  • Grandue said:
    Asmodron said:

I thought it odd they would go through all the work of writing all those death sequences for each God only to use them for a couple days before replacing them with a standard death through Ugrach
    To be fair, I thought the same thing of the whole ember system and the whole demigod essence systems, but those vanished after the events too.
  • So since it seems clear Ugrach isnt making an appearance, bets/assumptions on what is coming next? Or perhaps even the 'why' this has happened?

Frankly im still a bit confused why Ugrach went through all the trouble to 'save' Slith (wouldnt even call it saving..the man is a husk at this point) just to end up betraying.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    He didn't betray anything. He was supposed to be hired WEF 1st Sarapin 717AF but HR screwed up. They didn't realise that if they left the position vacant for too long, it would self-destruct.

• Penwize said:
    Grandue said:
    Asmodron said:

To be fair, I thought the same thing of the whole ember system and the whole demigod essence systems, but those vanished after the events too.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they still exist in the code and just require activation, though, so if the Garden ever wants to use them again they can just flip a couple of switches and code in a new "gate" to access it. For example, wasn't there a bug for a few days after Bal'met's finale that made it possible to use a reincarnation gem and reincarnate into a Demigod (with 0 essence)?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Wow what a bastard. So much any humility gained to save his son!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited July 2016
    It's a bit jarring and out of character compared with how he's been portrayed so far during this death arc yeah.
    It is what I'd expect from Ugrach ... if we didn't know he is taking up curate duty to save his son. And if we hadn't watched him grovel to the gods to accept his gesture as an act of mercy/(self-interest?). And if mortal adventurers hadn't banded together to collect his throne fragments, puzzle them all together, and give their lives to activate it.

But who knows! Maybe he's being portrayed as an amnesiac. Or a very skilled trickster.

ETA: I'm going to miss the Deuc death sequence! So badass

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Looking about his new residence, a cold smile crosses Ugrach's visage as he leans back, awaiting his first caller.

that was me! :D

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • edited July 2016
    So is the death arc over, then? Or is there more yet to come in terms of developments with the Lord of the Undead sitting on the Throne of Death?

(Also, I'd rather keep the Divine-specific death sequences for people in an Order, but that's just me.)
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited July 2016
    I thought it was pretty in line with Ugrach's character. He was respectful to the Gods but why would he be respectful of the mortals whom he had to judge?

Regardless of whether there was a throne or not, he made a deal with the Gods to take over as curator, so I don't think he would care very much if the Gods made the mortals assemble the throne for him.

Also, the writing is pretty good for the new death sequence, at least.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I am going to miss Scarlatti's sequence. I wish those would stay at least for people in Orders, too

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I loved Lady Aurora's. Would love to have that when I finally get into the Aarashi. But, in terms of the story it wouldn't make sense. The gods don't need to be there to protect us in the soul realms, Ugrach is doing his job.

How great would it be though if he made you fight one of his Deathknights as a challenge to return to the land of the living.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Halos did something disappear in your copy paste or is that a typo? :(
    Huh. Neat.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    That's all of it.
    Halos said:

You stare at the cold, dank stone,

dank af