Artefact Armour Arrives

Comments

• Ahmet said:
    Weaponsmiths make the pries, which I'm sure will be in high demand.
    I missed that part, that's definitely nice.

Still in favour of similar customisation for weapons though.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited July 2016
    From the forging side of things, as I slowly consume this information:

Is there a way currently to check how many grandmaster points you have anywhere in the forging system? I've looked around and tried some commands, but nothing I see seems to work. Being able to assess how many points I have so I can begin planning spending for legendary would be nice.

Also oh god forging to legendary is going to break me so bad, it feels like. Time to take up mining at a less casual pace again.

@Nicola @Makarios
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Heh.

Next thing you know. We'll get rondells and paragons for morphing weapons in the next promo.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Melodie said:

Is there a way currently to check how many grandmaster points you have anywhere in the forging system? I've looked around and tried some commands, but nothing I see seems to work. Being able to assess how many points I have so I can begin planning spending for legendary would be nice.

Also oh god forging to legendary is going to break me so bad, it feels like. Time to take up mining at a less casual pace again.

@Nicola @Makarios

Maybe FORGING SHOW <descriptor> is what you're after? There's also some information under the permits section on score, if that helps.

edited July 2016
    Grandmaster and Legendary Ranks
    -------------------------------
    These advanced ranks are not achieved in the same way as the other ranks, however. You must be a Master Blacksmith in order to attain these two ranks PLUS:

* For Grandmaster, you acquire 60 Grandmaster points. These are gotten through mastering descriptors (see below). For every descriptor mastered, you'll get the following Grandmaster points:
       Rank 1 Descriptor = 0 points
       Rank 2 Descriptor = 1 points
       Rank 3 Descriptor = 2 points
       Rank 4 Descriptor = 6 points
       Rank 5 Descriptor = 20 points
       Rank 6 Descriptor = 30 points

* For Legendary Blacksmith, you must achieve 200 Grandmaster points.

This is the system I'm talking about. I mean, I could just individually check FORGING LIST and dig through the percentages at the top, but that's still having to manually (and tediously) figure out how many points that translates to. I was hoping for some sort of command that you can do, say, SHOW GRANDMASTER POINTS, to get a summary. That way, I can just start picking out which descriptors I want to finish and try to work out some math on the cheaper way to do so.

Edit: SCORE PERMITS gives a kind of really vague idea how far you are from the next rank in percentage, but not any kind of reference to points. Other command is just percentages on how far you are in that descriptor.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Lucianus said:
    Heh.

Next thing you know. We'll get rondells and paragons for morphing weapons in the next promo.
    No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.
    Sena said:
    Ahmet said:
    Weaponsmiths make the pries, which I'm sure will be in high demand.
    I missed that part, that's definitely nice.

Still in favour of similar customisation for weapons though.
    @Sena, this is literally just artefact weapons? Or were you talking about the embrasure type customisations?

I agree it would be neat to see something along those lines, but instead of just direct buffs to attack speed/damage (since that's what the lvl1-3 upgrades are), maybe something along the lines of "suchandsuch percentage of your damage is converted to frost/poison/fire/whatever" type thing. -that- would be cool. And I'd say the morphing too, but poor anyone who bought morphing lvl 3s in auctions. Or perhaps damage boost just against denizens, or less endurance loss to attacks.

I'm going to stop now before I get excited and shut down by the Nicola No.
    Huh. Neat.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Melodie wants to be able to easily see how many points she has toward legendary or grandmaster without going through the list and manually adding up the points. I want this, too.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
    @Nicola if you have an exceptional piece of armor, +2/+1 or something, and you morph it, do those perks apply to the new armour type? If not, what about when you morph it back? 

What about cross-morph customisations?
    Huh. Neat.
  • Those exceptional extra stats should carry over between morphs.
  • "Whether you have a regular set of decaying scalemail, or an old customised set of fullplate, take this to a willing and legendary armoursmith and have them forge an embrasure into it. This gives you 1 embrasure."

YUSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • Razzlo said:
    "Whether you have a regular set of decaying scalemail, or an old customised set of fullplate, take this to a willing and legendary armoursmith and have them forge an embrasure into it. This gives you 1 embrasure."

YUSSSSSSSSSSSS
    As much as I like being a gatekeeper. I think it should be Master Smiths and above. From a outside perspective.
  • Melodie said:

@Nicola @Makarios
    SCORE 2 shows your progress I believe
  • Morphing armour isn't worth it. Waste of embrasure space.

As someone who has a knight and blademaster. It is probably cheaper to buy 2 rondells (700cr). Put each rondell in a ringmail and the other in my fullplate and then pry out the aeneaous paragon (shield of absorption effect) with a normal pry (which costs 5 steel commodities to make) each time I switch inbetween blademaster and knight.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
    Razzlo said:
    Melodie said:

@Nicola @Makarios
    SCORE 2 shows your progress I believe
    Like SHOW PERMITS, that's just general percentage of progress, not an actual trackable amount via the grandmaster points system (which is apparently and annoyingly invisible, and what I was requesting to be shown).
  • Lucianus said:
    Morphing armour isn't worth it. Waste of embrasure space.

As someone who has a knight and blademaster. It is probably cheaper to buy 2 rondells (700cr). Put each rondell in a ringmail and the other in my fullplate and then pry out the aeneaous paragon (shield of absorption effect) with a normal pry (which costs 5 steel commodities to make) each time I switch inbetween blademaster and knight.
    Plus I switch classes on a daily basis (10 minutes or less). Waiting 7 Achaean Months or even 1 Achaean Month to morph it into a relevant class would drive me insane.
  • why not just tie morph time to class cooldown?
  • Because that would cost you less to do, and they want you to spend more money on the thing they said they wouldn't make.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    IIRC, they only ever said they were considering it, they never said definitely one way or the other.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Ahmet said:
    @Sena, this is literally just artefact weapons? Or were you talking about the embrasure type customisations?
    Yeah, the stat bonuses we currently have for level 1-3 weapons could either be the equivalent of rondels or paragons, and new paragon-type addons would be added (with asp and morphing weapons being converted to paragons). As for morphing weapons, you could limit the purchasable ones to level 1 or 2 stats (and maybe a cooldown), leaving the auction/giftbag level 3 versions special still.

More weapon paragon ideas (I like your damage type idea): Healing yourself for a tiny portion of the damage dealt, draining endurance or willpower with your attacks (with or without restoring your own), increased bleeding, let you attack walls (ice/stonewalls, number of hits required depends on wall type and maybe weapon damage (could just give the walls a certain amount of health)) to remove them, invisibility (masks the weapon's name to something like "an invisible/barely visible weapon" so that others don't know what type of weapon you're using, could also make it look like you aren't wielding anything), permanent venom (if the weapon isn't envenomed, defaults to the specified venom; could either be tunable somehow, or have a different paragon for each venom).
  • ... monks can use an SoA now with this? I think I just wet myself. :o
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Oh god what have you done

run from Jhui

RUN FAST
  • So can BM and  (with better effectiveness) Sylvans and Druids.

Cause Sylvans weren't tanky enough as is.

• edited July 2016
    What classes are the most impacted by this?

I know a large number of classes benefit from normal attrition damage in the course of going for their kills to ease things along, but the only classes I can think of that absolutely need the health damage is 2h knight and, partially, monk.

Are there any others?

(this doesn't account for electricity resistance for sylvans)
  • The system seems a bit ... clumsy to me.  Would it be too much to just have 3 slots for the paragons, not attached to the armour per se?  Yes, I know this would mean not having morphing, and prying, and cloth armour for Magi, but it would be a lot simpler.

And there could be something separate for those who want to have their armour made nondecay and resetting, not linked to whether you have an embrasure or not.
    Out of this entire system I am definitely very unsure about the idea of classes that don't have SoA suddenly having it.
    Tahquil said:
    It was mentioned that there would never allow SoA on quarterstaves with the note "We did this once and learned from our mistake." Doesn't this put you back in that place?
    A lot has changed with Druids since then.

Though I suppose it could still present itself as an issue at some point. *shrug*
    Huh. Neat.
  • What's the increase on +blunt and +cutting?
  • I personally doubt that Druids will be all that unbalanced with a SoA-function on a quarterstaff (it can functionally be done with the armour things now). I'm also a Druid, so I may be biased.

Sylvans I'm less sure about, mostly because they're already pretty damn tanky as is.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."