Inkmilling

RyldaghRyldagh Ontario, Canada
Before I take the time to do an extensive analysis of the 20,000 red inks I just made...

Has anyone managed to figure out the math on Inkmilling's Mastery procs?

Is it a per ink chance, or per batch?  Does anyone know the proc rate?

Thanks!

Comments

• RyldaghRyldagh Ontario, Canada
    So, didn't need to get that extensive.

Off the cuff, you can expect 17-18% bonus inks while inkmilling with Mastery.  This isn't perfect, since my sample size was only 20,000 but it's somewhere in there.

What was more interesting was noticing that around 2/3 of the batches were the normal batch size.  Absolutely no procs at all.  The remaining third seemed to have all the procs.  This isn't the sort of behaviour I'd expect from a system that works on a per-ink proc, since I'd expect closer to 85% of them to have at least a single bonus ink in the mill after the cranking is done.

This means I expect that the proc is based on a single per-batch roll, and not a per-ink roll.

What follows is pure hypothesis, as I haven't had the time/damns to confirm my suspicions.

Somewhere in the neighbourhood of 1/3 (33% of the time), mastery fires and it gives us bonus inks.  A fairly even spread (with some deviation, but not a whole lot) of bonus inks suggests that there is no weighting towards larger or smaller amounts of bonus inks, given the same batch size.

My guess is that 33% of the time, you get 1-10 bonus inks (if using an artifact mill.  1-5 if not)

If this is the case, each ink in the batch size increases your potential gain by 0.5, across an infinite sample size.  33%, halved, makes 16.5, which is pretty darn close to the neighbourhood of what I experienced.  Halved because each ink is only worth half an extra, on procs.

This would suggest that a batch size of 1 is 2x as efficient, for bonus inks, as 2-10, simply because when mastery procs, it will give you 1 or 1 ink... making your bonus inks somewhere in the 33% range.

@Makarios I know you're not likely to confirm this but can you comment that I'm at least on the right track with this, before I mill 10,000 red inks one by one?

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Actually you're not the only person to realise this. When I bought my gold mill, Liliana told me the same thing. A bit of buyer's regret on my part, but I decided to hold on to the mill in the end. I myself do my milling 1 ink at a time.