Midwest meet

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited June 2016
    Gibbi, you know Lachlan and I like you enough that we were gonna stop by and drag you along by your hair anyways, right?

(it's funny because I would probably die)
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited June 2016
    There's always an Art thing sometimes in July in AA.  Oh! And AA also has Top of the Park.  I've never figured out what that actually is though.

I am actually in OH now so I will probably not be going. :(
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Jonathin said:
    Gibbi, you know Lachlan and I like you enough that we were gonna stop by and drag you along by your hair anyways, right?

(it's funny because I would probably die)
    I'd love to see you try.  But for real, I'd come along willingly after the first few attempts.

I have undressed a god.

Lachlan's got the weekends of the 6th and the 27th of August that'll work.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • If we're going to hold off until the 27th of August, so both Lachlan and Nicola can be there, we could actually hit the Michigan Renfest in Holly, MI.  It's open weekends from 20 Aug until Oct 2.

http://www.michrenfestnew.michrenfest.com/

Thoughts?

• I am thinking about the pickles, tbh.

I have undressed a god.

I'm cool with meeting up in Holly, but it's a bit of a drive for people outside the state.
  • Not as crazy as a newb trying to navigate Detroit and stay in the safe areas!

True enough. It is a straight shot up one of those highways, too. 23 or something, I think
  • I'm down for Renfest on the weekend of the 27th!
  • Kaillian and I will likely be able to make that as long as we can get a baby sitter for our spawn (Not driving 3+ hours with a 4 month old). We would be driving up from a little north of Columbus Ohio so if someone wants to go and needs a ride we can possibly make a trip to help someone out.
  • Save the date - Michigan Renaissance Festival - 27 August in Holly, Michigan

Anyone have any suggestions for Friday evening or Sunday?

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    I can plan for the weekend of the 27th. That'll be after my RadCon courses start, but before I should have any real obligations.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • For people with a longer drive coming from the south, I'm a little south of Columbus OH and can probably provide a couch, meal, hot shower to break things up.
  • You guys should come to NYC instead. Meet is the same weekend. 
    Gtfo, Morthif. #QuitPoaching #Midwest #MaybeNextYear
  • We have @Szanthax and Les Mis
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Only 7 hours and forty minutes away. ..
  • Will there be fencing/sword fighting @ this renaissance fair?
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
    Sure is, or at least both times Lachlan and I have gone.
  • edited June 2016
    OMG! I AM COMING. :D
  • I'm trying to talk @Fendo and @Nulaye into driving out for it!  Come on you two, we'll have a GREAT time!!!!
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Averi said:
    Will there be fencing/sword fighting @ this renaissance fair?
    Me and @Morthif promise "sword fighting" ... But you have to go to the city instead 

• edited June 2016
    Szanthax said:
    Averi said:
    Will there be fencing/sword fighting @ this renaissance fair?
    Me and @Morthif promise "sword fighting" ... But you have to go to the city instead 
    Those quotations around "sword fighting" make me question whether or not there is an alternate meaning to the term/is an euphemism for anything.  
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    It is. The fighting style is gender-specific and uses thrusting weapons, which are often curved, but not always.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
    loooooooooooool

It's a dong joke.
  • alternately we could go to the NYC sword fighting museum and exhibit
  • edited June 2016
    Ignoring these NY imposters, which of you merry faire goers plans on dressing up?

@Jonathin Not in a dress.
  • If I do, I'm coming as this guy - complete with the moustache and everything.

Also, @Herenicus, you should come too.