Simple Ideas

Comments

• You kids and your complaints about learning.

Back in my day, you could only learn 3 at a time, and you had to sit through the full lesson each time! It's like 30x faster than it used to be!

• "It's better than it was" != "Good"

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Cooper said:
    You kids and your complaints about learning.

Back in my day, you could only learn 3 at a time, and you had to sit through the full lesson each time! It's like 30x faster than it used to be!
    Wait you learned at 3???

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I used to gag all the lines. I forget how much you could learn in Aetolia at a time, but it was a lot more than what we can learn here. However, it has improved greatly.... especially when you eat myrrh or whatever the alchemy equivalent is.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Szanthax said:
    Cooper said:

Wait you learned at 3???
    You learned 3 at a time, but with myrrh it was like you were learning 5!

Cooper said:
    Szanthax said:
    Cooper said:

Wait you learned at 3???
    You learned 3 at a time, but with myrrh it was like you were learning 5!
    I just don't know how you remember that far back. I thought myrrh was to improve your learning "strength" for the longest time lol. Like if you learned without you were wasting credits

• Well you are right, you were! It went like this:

100 lessons available
    100 lessons invested into tekura
    eat myrrh
    learn 3 tekura from szanthax
    97 lessons available
    105 lessons invested into tekura

edited April 2016
    What i thought.. *mails @Cooper a love letter*

And triggers way way crazier back then.... ... Pausenot

• You mailed me a love letter like 13 years ago, don't worry ;)

Cooper said:
    You mailed me a love letter like 13 years ago, don't worry ;)
    I hope you saved my DNA...

• Szanthax said:
    Cooper said:
    You mailed me a love letter like 13 years ago, don't worry ;)
    I hope you saved my DNA...
    Explains why the entire envelope was sticky then...
  • There's a few abilities like this. Would be good if all of them can be updated for this
  • Artifact tarot deck. You could go a lot of ways with it, with the most basic just being a version of a quiver (non-decay is nice in itself, when you've just dropped 20k+ on cards), up to increased capacity or even a proc chance for cards to not be "used" when outdecked.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Do decks not function in the same way as quivers, in that cards in them are in a kind of rift, and only accessible through a deck.. if the deck decays and you replace it, all the cards are still there?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Oh here's an idea : A help file for bows, arrows and quivers. I still have to do everything by trial and error cos there's nowhere that lists synthax (that I can find)
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Klendathu said:
    Do decks not function in the same way as quivers, in that cards in them are in a kind of rift, and only accessible through a deck.. if the deck decays and you replace it, all the cards are still there?
    Looks like it! I was used to Aetolia's system, where you just lose everything inside when the deck/quiver decays. This is much better! I still would throw out credits for a cheap-o one, if only to customize it into something nifty.
  • Qwyn said:
    Artifact tarot deck. You could go a lot of ways with it, with the most basic just being a version of a quiver (non-decay is nice in itself, when you've just dropped 20k+ on cards), up to increased capacity or even a proc chance for cards to not be "used" when outdecked.

Seconded.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Qwyn said:
    Klendathu said:
    Looks like it! I was used to Aetolia's system, where you just lose everything inside when the deck/quiver decays. This is much better! I still would throw out credits for a cheap-o one, if only to customize it into something nifty.
    You can nondecay decks, or buy a non decay one, then customise it.

• Right, but doubling the capacity would still be nice.
    A lot of non-decay decks cost less than non-decaying and customising it yourself. Also, the capacity for tarot decks is massive... @Nat has been working quite a while on filling his, and he's not done yet. There are other arties to make tarot stuff easier. First of all, there was a change a while back that made it so you could inscribe more cards at one time. Then you buy the quill to increase how many you can inscribe at once, and then the quill nib that has a 50% chance to copy the card you're making. I think as far as arties and non-decay decks go, the tarot cards and decks are well covered.

Xaden said:
    Oh here's an idea : A help file for bows, arrows and quivers. I still have to do everything by trial and error cos there's nowhere that lists synthax (that I can find)
    7.27 Quivers

7.26 < Hunting                           Talisman market > 7.28

Quivers allow you to store your arrows in a convenient location that has an
          added benefit of preventing your arrows from decaying. For ease of use, you can 
    also dye and envenom arrows that are in a quiver.

INQ|INQUIVER [<amount>|ALL] ARROW[S]|METEOR[S]
      - Put some arrows in your quiver

OUTQ|OUTQUIVER [<amount>] [<colour>] ARROW[S]
      - Remove some arrows from your quiver

IQ|IQUIVER|INSPECT QUIVER
      - View the arrows in your quiver

DYE # ARROWS <colour>
      - Dye a certain number of arrows a particular colour.

ENVENOM ARROWS <colour> <venom>
      - Envenom a particular colour of arrows.

How Many Arrows Can A Quiver Hold?
    ----------------------------------
     - Regular quivers can hold 500 arrows.
     - Artefact Dragonskin quivers can hold 1000 arrows and 10 meteor arrows.
     - Artefact Celestial quivers can hold 1000 arrows and 50 meteor arrows.

Are Quivers Safe?
    ----------------
    Yes, quivers are very safe. Not only do they prevent your arrows from
    decaying, but they also keep your arrows safe even if your quiver decays.
    Just get a new quiver, and you will have access to your previous quiver's
    contents as if nothing had happened.

What syntaxes are you looking for that aren't listed? Serious question as I don't own one.

• Qwyn said:
    Right, but doubling the capacity would still be nice.
    The capacity is absolutely massive, I'm not sure what it is, if there is a cap.

• Kayeil said:

DYE # ARROWS <colour>

Was this bit always there?! I have looked at that scroll before, a few times, and I don't remember it being there...
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

Xaden said:
    Kayeil said:

DYE # ARROWS <colour>

Was this bit always there?! I have looked at that scroll before, a few times, and I don't remember it being there...
    I honestly don't know because I don't have a bow or quiver. It's quite possible there was a bug, idea, or typo suggestion asking for it to be updated. A lot of scrolls get quietly updated without a single announcement. If there's some more stuff missing though, you should idea it so they know.

Valkyn said:
    Qwyn said:
    Yeah it is massive, but can't remember the numbers myself. Nat has been working on his at least for a few months, putting a lot of the gold he earns into buying blank tarot cards and mass inscribing. I also pay him for enchantments and stuff in tarot cards at the moment since that's what he wants anyways. I can't imagine tarot decks not being enough in the way they are now. There isn't another container that even comes close to the capacity of a tarot deck.

• Kayeil said:

Valkyn said:
    Qwyn said:
    Yeah it is massive, but can't remember the numbers myself. Nat has been working on his at least for a few months, putting a lot of the gold he earns into buying blank tarot cards and mass inscribing. I also pay him for enchantments and stuff in tarot cards at the moment since that's what he wants anyways. I can't imagine tarot decks not being enough in the way they are now. There isn't another container that even comes close to the capacity of a tarot deck.
    I think Nat was saying he put in a couple million in cards. 
    Dairon said:
    Kayeil said:

Valkyn said:
    Qwyn said:
    I think Nat was saying he put in a couple million in cards. 
    Yeah he's pretty obsessed with filling that deck up. :P 

edited April 2016
    (The Batcave): Nat says, "Currently i have 73102 cards."
    (The Batcave): Nat says, "You can fit 5k of each card in the deck before you'll have to buy a new deck."
    (The Batcave): You say, "Oh wow."
    (The Batcave): Nat says, "So far only hierophant, priestess, death, lovers, tower aren't at 5k (and wheel.. im' still tossing up if i want 5k of them)... then i'll fill up my blank cards to 5k also."
    (The Batcave): You say, "Soooo technically you can keep buying decks and have infinite cards?"
    (The Batcave): Nat says, "Pretty much. but my gold funds prevent me doing so."
    (The Batcave): Nat says, "It'll be a sad day when i max this deck out."
    (The Batcave): You say, "Yeah of course, kind of silly to keep going and going forever."

So no true max capacity, no way it can ever be too small. If 5k of each card isn't enough for you, then just keep buying more decks.