Diablo3 GUI

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Garadross said:
    Ahmet said:

2. In the updateEBox() function, you put 'if massSipsLeft > 200 and healthSipsLeft < 1000' instead of 'if massSipsLeft > 200 and massSipsLeft < 1000' so mass gets fked if you just happen to be in those sip ranges where mass is > 200 but health is greater than 1000.
    Fixing that in my copy of it, I found the same thing applied to mana sips as well.
    Yep. Also the sea mapper triggers are lacking or bugged on this GUI.

Still no clue what the other window is for?
    Huh. Neat.
  • I have been using this gui since its release, i imported Dorn's Limbcounter but its stuck "underneath" the pictures..how can i change it so its actually visible on top

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Afaik, there isn't a way to move GUI elements forward and backward aside from the order of loading. So I'd try loading the GUI before anything else so that it's all loaded up and ready to go before you start adding elements on top of it.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Not to Necro this thread, but I can't seem to get the chat window or the map/mobs/etc window to work at all.  Was curious if anyone else had those problems?
  • Vareth said:
    Not to Necro this thread, but I can't seem to get the chat window or the map/mobs/etc window to work at all.  Was curious if anyone else had those problems?
    Did you type: "gui" after logging in?
  • Also yes.  Tried a couple things, could never get it to work.
  • Vareth said:
    Also yes.  Tried a couple things, could never get it to work.
    When you click the buttons on the bottom right do the windows open at all?
  • They do open.  The mapper and room/inv boxes just never populate.  I actually have the same problem with mapper in your free UI too.
  • Resurrecting this thread in case benevolent beings exist who are capable and willing to help with and/or recreate this type of GUI. 
  • Zulah has another gui that is free and still posted somewhere. I'm on bad internet so I can't check where it is, but look at his profile or sig and you can probably find it.

I'm terrible at coding but looking at how he did things it was very easy to move parts around or delete what I didn't want. 

• I keep thinking of touching this old GUI up to match current game settings. Maybe I'll find some time soon
  • Is there any way that I can move the GUI so that the main section is centered?
  • Ilessia said:
    Resurrecting this thread in case benevolent beings exist who are capable and willing to help with and/or recreate this type of GUI. 
    I know this is necroing this thread but what it looks like is the gui alias doesn't call the function to create the windows. I added d3extrawindowfunction() and some other calls in order to fix it. Still working on it though.
  • Senoske said:
    Ilessia said:
    Resurrecting this thread in case benevolent beings exist who are capable and willing to help with and/or recreate this type of GUI. 
    I know this is necroing this thread but what it looks like is the gui alias doesn't call the function to create the windows. I added d3extrawindowfunction() and some other calls in order to fix it. Still working on it though.
    You create the extra windows by clicking the small 4 orange buttons on the bottom right beside balance/eq
    IF YOU ARE USING THIS GUI PLEASE READ THIS, OR AT LEAST SKIP TO THE TL;DR

Zulah killed my SSD.

Mudlet is one of the very few programs I run off my SSD, and most of the others are very rarely used. Recently I started having issues, and I know I haven't used it nearly enough for it to be wearing out. Strangely enough, I realized that Mudlet was using about 6MB/s disk read. Mudlet doesn't store loaded images in memory, so the animations for the health and mana orbs are loaded from disk many many times per second. A very very conservative estimate puts this script alone at having read 30.3 terabytes of data from my SSD over the past few months alone. So if you are using this script, put the two lines of code below in a script that runs after you've loaded your GUI, to save yourself. Please.

I realize there's a slim chance the SSD itself could be to blame, but theres a much higher chance this is the issue. Plus, loading 20 images from disk a second is just bad coding, sorry Zulah :(

And please, @Zulah, no more animations in your guis. Or at least warn people beforehand. Have an option to toggle or something.

Tl;dr: Put this in a script that runs after you load your GUI:
    killTimer(horb_timer)
    killTimer(morb_timer)
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Ahmet, just reading data off your SSD is not going to kill it. You should continue to investigate why it died on you :open_mouth: 
    @Ada I have been, but like I said only a few programs run on it, and the others are very very rarely used. No damage as far as I could tell. Sent it in to the manufacturer, waiting on response. Will see!
    Huh. Neat.
  • What @Ada said. SSDs have set lifespans in regards to writing data, not reading. It is entirely possible that your SSD just failed - its much rarer than with a HDD, but it definitely does happen.

• Like Ada says, write cycles are what kills the SSD, not reading. If you think something on your computer may have killed your SSD you need to look for something that's writing excessively to it.
    That's the thing though, aside from mudlet, nothing really wrote to disk. Guess I'm just shit outta luck. :(
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    That's the thing though, aside from mudlet, nothing really wrote to disk. Guess I'm just shit outta luck. :(
    Like I said, its not impossible for an SSD to fail randomly. Unlikely, but not impossible. You probably just got really unlucky, or have something else writing to the disk constantly, like @Nazihk suggested.

Nah, nothing else was writing to it. The rest of my complaints are still valid, though, for anyone using this program. Especially if they're using an HDD.
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Ahmet https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa364218(v=vs.85).aspx "By default, Windows caches file data that is read from disks and written to disks."

I don't think that was the problem. I understand you had some issue, but it must have been something else. If you re-enable the timer, do you get the issue again?
    @Vadimuses yes. Enabling/disabling the timer causes disk usage to swap between several megs/sec and next to nothing.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Welp, seems that caching feature ain't working too hot.

What program on Windows are you using to verify this? I can confirm that on Ubuntu the files are being requested, but caching is working as expected and the disk activity is zero.
  • I've been wanting to be able to load images in Lua for a while so you can retrieve their dimensions - adding that in would help this as well.
    Disk usage is visible in both Task Manager and Process Explorer.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Disk caching is working here (panic attack averted), have a look: https://transfer.sh/iG7HQ/Kazam_screencast_00002.mp4

Might want to check your Windows configuration?

Could someone else check this as well to confirm/deny the issue? Thanks guys!