Achaeans from the Philippines. Where you at?

edited March 2016 in The Wander Inn
I saw someone mistakenly type some Tagalog over a channel and it got me to wondering about how many Filipinos actually play Achaea. In a few weeks I'll be flying home to the motherlands, to spend my birthday month in The Philippines. I will be in Manila at the beginning of April if anyone would like to meet up. ... If there are people whom you know might be interested in a meet up, but don't frequent the forums, spread the word yo! The more the merrier.  :)

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer
    I was born in the Philippines - if anyone wants into the PA (the flip clan) send me a tell ig in tagalog and you're in -sn
  • Accepted Answer
    Sarapis said:
    @Aktillum Lives there.
    sarapis spies on his customers, more news at 11!
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Accepted Answer
    I still want the live map of where in the world are achaea players... 

Not pointing out names but just locations

• Accepted Answer
    Minifie said:
    Sarapis said:
    @Aktillum Lives there.
    The dude started writing a blog about being an American living there. ;)
  • Accepted Answer
    Sarapis said:
    Minifie said:
    Sarapis said:
    @Aktillum Lives there.
    Gonna do this when I move to the US, gonna call it "where's me fawster's" and go pub crawling and complain about bud light but never drink it
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    Accepted Answer
    Sarapis said:
    Minifie said:
    Sarapis said:
    @Aktillum Lives there.
    Zomg thanks for the plug =)

Yes, I'm American but living in the Philippines for close to 3 years. Here's the blog I just started, only 3 posts so far but trying to do at least one update per week https://whitedudeinphilippines.wordpress.com/

I live in Labo, Camarines Norte. About 8 hours southeast from Manila. I know @Jakiro is also here, but he's a bit far from me. There are some others as well, there's a Filipino clan in Achaea so I'll point this thread to them :)

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Accepted Answer
    Jakiro said:
    Oh look, I got a notification. Haha. Since we're already name dropping here.. @Tarkanian, @Baliuk, @Alzahn and @Aldrich are also Filipinos. But I'm not sure if they're -in- the Philippines right now. :D

I live about 2 hours from Manila. I have no idea what Labo looks like but I just imagine @Aktillum living in real life Eleusis. Somewhere in the forest, up in the trees. I think it's a pretty good assumption.
     Wow, missed me on the name drop. I just left the Philippines last year. Booo.  Do join the PA clan pls. It needs more love.
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Accepted Answer
    You asked for FilipinOs. She's FilipinA.  B)

Answers

• edited March 2016
    @Aktillum I just had a good read of your blog. Really REALLY interesting stuff! I like that you included some information on the ancient beliefs in the "Pre-Colonial Polytheism" post. My Mom's tribe still sort of practice the old way religion, praying to the anitos and what not. I've even had the slightly irksome ((edit: maybe not quite that negative. I'll go with hrmmmsome)) experience of taking part in several weird rituals and chicken dances. ... Good times!

Anyway, what you're doing out there and the story of your journey in getting out there is pretty cool. It's the kind of story that a lot of peole like me are always eager to help share with the world. I should probably elaborate on that... I'm a film maker (although, I don't tend to take on many documentary style projects). Everytime I make my balikbayan journey to the mother islands, I feel compelled to document anything and everything. I've spent some time with, and interviewed many expats who share a similar story to yours and have compiled a few stories... perhaps, you might be interested in letting me do the same with you?

In any case, I look forward to your future blog posts :) -I love a good "outsider P.O.V" culture/travel/lifestyle blog. ✌

Shoutout to @Sarapis for plugging.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    Janna said:
    @Aktillum I just had a good read of your blog. Really REALLY interesting stuff! I like that you included some information on the ancient beliefs in the "Pre-Colonial Polytheism" post. My Mom's tribe still sort of practice the old way religion, praying to the anitos and what not. I've even had the slightly irksome ((edit: maybe not quite that negative. I'll go with hrmmmsome)) experience of taking part in several weird rituals and chicken dances. ... Good times!
    Haha that's awesome. I've seen a few of the local healers, burning coconut husks and blowing the smoke over people, etc. I've never seen any chicken dances though :o

I'll PM you to talk about the rest of your post! :)

• @Janna: too late to the discussion, but I think it was me who misspoke on Cyrene CT using Tagalog. :D
  • Hi there. Filipino here. Born and raised. =)
  • edited January 2018
    @Jahrak Hey there! It's good to see that another pinoy still plays. Heh. Not sure how active the others are anymore. I rarely see any of them around now. :(
  • Oh, hey, I didn't realize this thread existed.

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    I've misspoke on Mhaldor CT, I got executed for it. xD
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Hi!    
     <3 
  • Mathilda said:
    Hi!    
    The post says Achaeans. Not former Achaeans :p
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• WOW!!!
     <3 
  • Is that Pinoy Adiks clan still around? The only one I remember from there is Jiano