Place to find scripts and packages

Is there a place to find scripts and packets for Achaea? More specifically i'm looking for stuff for the HTML 5 client.

Comments

• I'm looking for the same, maybe some help make fishing a bit easier (if that is allowed?)
  • Perhaps I'm wrong, but I would be mildly surprised if anyone had taken a significant amount of time to write up scripts for the HTML5 client. For the most part, its kind of considered a gateway client, and most people who seriously play the game use the Mudlet client, which codes in lua. You'll have no trouble finding scripts to do various things on Mudlet.

That said, would be glad to have someone prove me wrong!

• I have no idea how to use Mudlet, and I don't want to learn another client... so what should I do?  Does MUDLET still have the maps? what makes mudlet so good, (I don't know how to code, script or anything, so I don't see any advantage to me using Mudlet)
  • Mudlet is great because it's user-friendly to noob coders. Maybe not as friendly as the clients provided by IRE, but more people use Mudlet, thus you can find more help/scripts, etc.

You may not know how to code today, but that doesn't mean anything for tomorrow.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    With the addition of Simplified Scripting, there's not going to be a bunch of current scripts and packages, but you can try the nexus wiki for examples and ideas for scripts (http://nexus.ironrealms.com).
  • Tecton said:
    With the addition of Simplified Scripting, there's not going to be a bunch of current scripts and packages, but you can try the nexus wiki for examples and ideas for scripts (http://nexus.ironrealms.com).
    Even with Simplified Scripting... simplifying everything, I believe for more complex scenarios, there's still demand for shared scripts and packages. Do you want everyone to reinvent the wheels when making it easier to choose venom combos for serpents? Or limb combos for monks? Runelore scripts? Tattooers? (outrifting the right inks for example). And then the added cost of maintaining the scripts.

A central repository for packages would help to build a community in multiple ways: People won't need to reinvent everything, could have a look at the scripts to learn, fewer people spend time maintaining things (more active people, yay), people with scripting knowledge could make a name and become go-to people if questions arise (if they want that), you can show off the power of the nexus client...

I'm not sure how easy it is to set up a package repository that is accessible from within the client (which would be ideal) since I'm no web developer, but I am pretty sure it's not too hard after seeing the awesomeness that became the javascript client :)
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Oh definitely. My post was more to highlight that Simplified scripting was very new, so there's no a lot of packages out there at the moment. With how easy it is to use, we hope that there will be more people developing and sharing packages. We may even devote some space on the next wiki for hosting them.
  • Antidas said:
    Perhaps I'm wrong, but I would be mildly surprised if anyone had taken a significant amount of time to write up scripts for the HTML5 client. For the most part, its kind of considered a gateway client, and most people who seriously play the game use the Mudlet client, which codes in lua. You'll have no trouble finding scripts to do various things on Mudlet.

That said, would be glad to have someone prove me wrong!
    There are definitely people writing scripts for Nexus.

I don't know of anyone who's written anything on the order of one of the giant, totalising "systems" like svo or wundersys or whatever, but a number of people have written quite a lot in Nexus. There aren't as many people writing things and sharing them though, at least not yet.