Portraits and Illustrations

edited March 2016 in The Blank Canvas
So during my free time I enjoy making some quick little lovelies of works from my game. The portrait below is perhaps my favorite character from Achaean Mythology: Khalas. I designed him with the concept of a aristocratic look (dont ask me why), however I supplemented it with a 'rough around the edges' theme to it, defining the troubles he has been through. I gave him a scar, symbolizing his involvement in battles. While he looks quite refined, he is still quite the cunning and threatening Lord, and I have added this to the theme. The grey background with a fracture is simply to symbolize his current situation as a statue, with the break defining the freedom. I will more than likely be adding more to it later.

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    It looks pretty, though I always imagined Khalas looking much less aristocratic and much... rough. I mean, doesn't look much like a wanderer.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited March 2016
    Shirszae said:
    It looks pretty, though I always imagined Khalas looking much less aristocratic and much... rough. I mean, doesn't look much like a wanderer.

Oh yes, I gave it a lot of thought. From what I understood, Khalas has a superiority mentality to him, as he believes He should be the Creator (this is very loose stuff and may not be spot on), and so I thought I should try and exemplify these features by giving him an aristocratic air.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    More, please.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • As per @Shirszae 's suggestion, I have made another quick pic with Khalas in a more wandering fashion. Naturally future edits may be made. I gave him the same general dark concept of last time, as seen through a tattered cloak.

• Doodled this while I was bored at work

He turned out kind of 'scumbag-y' :p
  • Achaea monk practicing stances