Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules
There's been a lot of hoo-ha about skirmishing and shrine conflict lately and I thought I'd take a shot and propose a system that may be of use. I admit I don't indulge in shrine conflict myself so the input and feedback of those who do (and anyone else) is more than welcome.
Problems that prop up with the current system:
-Shrine has dropped before Order members have obtained writs
-People defiling in areas a swift response is impossible (Outer Islands or long wilderness treks)
-Order members are expected to sit on their hands unless in possession of a writ
-Order members must drop whatever interactions they are involved in to defend
-Ignoring whether you hold a writ and using RP reasoning to attack defilers you don't know exactly who was doing the defiling.
Proposed fix : Automatically generated writs
- A writ generated when a person begins defiling a shrine
- The shrine will cool-down for 90 seconds and generate another writ if the person is still defiling
- In an order an individual person does not hold a writ. (probably longer than 90 seconds but that's the current theoretically writ accumulating rate)
- Anyone in the order with a writ on a person my try to claim the writ
- Once a member of the order kills the person named on the writ the writ vanishes
- An order member who makes the writ vanishes gets some sort of nice niceity to be proud of.
Example : (Order): A cleric says, "Halos has burned the righteous fury of Duecalion into Proficy. There are 4 writs left on Proficy."
-Writs decay after a time (30 RL days?)
- Writs can be passed off one at a time into the champions/assassin boards.
- Even if a person defiles in an inaccessible place or when noone is online (as we know some really annoying people are want to do) the order can still respond to it.
- Order can respond straight away or at their leisure (so no interruptions to helping novices or RP events)
- Many order members working on one writ stops the awkward juggling about who technically has the right to be involved in the conflict
- Provides a definite list of defilers. No more 'wrong place wrong time' claims
The point of the changes is to take the emphasis away from defenders having to jump at a moment's notice to defend while attackers can spend a good hour planning their attack and getting prepared. Go ahead and post your constructive critisms and ideas.