Saddle Sleeping

Consideration for a passive skill in Riding, which allows the rider to remain in their saddle while sleeping. Currently, even with transed Riding, one seems to fall out of their saddle when falling asleep mounted.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Chance of also becoming entangled when you fall out.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Llyth said:
    Chance of also becoming entangled when you fall out.
    Foot caught in the sturrups type deal?

• If the OP means this as "can stay mounted no matter how you're put to sleep" then hell no. Classes like knights tend to rely strongly on delphinium to dismount.

If it's just what Sena said, i.e. a way to deliberately sleep while mounted, sure, why not.
    Iocun said:
    If the OP means this as "can stay mounted no matter how you're put to sleep" then hell no. Classes like knights tend to rely strongly on delphinium to dismount.

If it's just what Sena said, i.e. a way to deliberately sleep while mounted, sure, why not.
    It's intended to be a way to be able to sleep while remaining mounted, rather than combat related. Not sure how it could be worked out, maybe a toggable skill in riding which would drain endurance perhaps while used? That's why I posted it here, suggestions!

• edited December 2012
    Kresslack said:
    Iocun said:
    If the OP means this as "can stay mounted no matter how you're put to sleep" then hell no. Classes like knights tend to rely strongly on delphinium to dismount.

It's intended to be a way to be able to sleep while remaining mounted, rather than combat related. Not sure how it could be worked out, maybe a toggable skill in riding which would drain endurance perhaps while used? That's why I posted it here, suggestions!
    Draining endurance while sleeping wouldn't be productive. I would say that it should be an activateable skill, you just do something like, saddlesleep, and you sleep while remaining mounted. It maybe wouldn't regenerate endurance and 'sleepiness' as fast. If attacked you fall out as you normally would if the attack knocks you out.

Seems like a simple and worthwhile thing to add.

eta: would be funny if sometimes you do fall out, based on rank in riding and your mount. Adept riding on a donkey, you might wind up falling out and thus prone (entangled possibly as was mentioned), but towards Trans on a legendsteed, unlikely to happen. Historically, people sleep while riding long distances, it's just not incredibly restful and the horse wanders off in weird directions or begins grazing.
  • That'd still be useful in combat, especially for willpower classes. (Yes please. -crosses fingers-)

But seriously, maybe if it was a specific syntax like sleep on saddle? 
  • I do like the idea of the horse wandering.
  • I really don't understand this. Just dismount and sleep. This just seems to be complicating the issue.

I could understand if the emote for falling asleep on a horse when you SLEEP is, "You step down off your pink pony and take a nap."

Come on, Cardan, do your thing.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • edited December 2012
    Whilst we're waiting for thread closure, I think you should be able to flag people's flags.  For instance, I'm wanting to WTF @Mannimar for LOL'ing my above post.  Because when I looked at the icon it was hella confusing due to a strange kinda emotional stroop effect.  @Mannimar, please either Dislike or WTF it.

ETA: Hyperlink. Clickety click!
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
    @Beya: "This just seems to be complicating the issue."

Because everytime someone falls asleep, they naturally always fall out of their saddle, regardless of their riding skill? You say this just complicates the issues. How so? Seems pretty straight forward and sensible to me.

• Kresslack said:
    @Beya: "This just seems to be complicating the issue."

Because everytime someone falls asleep, they naturally always fall out of their saddle, regardless of their riding skill? You say this just complicates the issues. How so? Seems pretty straight forward and sensible to me.

I don't know what happened to the formatting there. I've turned it black for you.

The problem is this: it's annoying that your crumple and fall out of your saddle when you fall asleep. It's embarrassing. The solution doesn't need to be a new skill which has all this additional complexity. It could be:

a) Change the flavour text to
    Kresslack steps down off his horse and curls up in the foetal position before going to sleep.
    (Which doesn't make sense RE: hourglass effect)

b) Remove the 'x' falls off his horse room message and only show it to the player as 'you dismount from your horse'.

c) Make it like rivers so that you cannot SLEEP while mounted. On rivers, you are unable to sleep unless you're too tired that you autosleep or you're forced. This is probably the easiest solution.

Also, sorry about the LMFAO gif. I made it about a week ago and I was really excited to use it. In hindsight, it might've seemed a bit rude.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.