AA - Achaeans Australia

Comments

• Teotwauki said:
    Looks like I'm working from the 12th through to the 25th. You guys have fun though!

Not to derail, is anyone else in the Newcastle / Sydney area? If so send me a message in game if you're interested in a meet, if there's enough perhaps we could organize something, or just meet up for a couple of beers.
    I'm not but I have an uncle who lives in Canberra who I intend to visit soon, I'll let you know when I plan it and I'll drive up for a few drinks!
  • Hope all you Sydney folks are ok . :(
  • @Teotwauki I just moved to Sydney actually, about a month and a half ago.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • What when where
  • Meet while be the 16th-18th of April! On the Gold Coast!
  • POP! Just bringing this up again to remind people of it and no it hasn't been forgotten. It's taking place the 16th-18th of April so mark your calendars!

Also something occurred to me. Any underage players who want to join us? I can 'plan' some under-18 friendly activity some time so you can join us.

Maybe lasertag/bowling and a few hours at the massive arcade? Theme parks? Let me know!
  • Any specific places people can be/will be staying so far? I'm semi-planning on just driving down, depending on how things go (or catching a train or whatever).
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Once my connection can do some heavy lifting I'll look into locations. Anyone want to share rooms/split costs or does everyone want separate rooms?

• hrm.... passport must be renewed...

• I'll be driving down the entire coast of Australia, starting from Perth over the span of two-three weeks this December - if anyone wants to plan ahead.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Perth is already pretty low down the coast line. Do you mean around? Across?
  • Alright I need April vote. What themepark would people like to visit?

Dreamworld
    Movie World
    No theme park
  • Seaworld?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Seaworld as well!
  • I'm cool with anything, really.
  • If no theme park, what else is on the table?
  • There is a game arcade in Surfer's Paradise which is a lot of fun. Also we can hit the beach and just have a nice lunch somewhere. I'd like to have a non-alcoholic thing doing the day if someone underage wants to come along.

BUT we could also spend the day at Taps (if it is open by then) and play giant jenga/checkers/backgammon/cards against humanity.
  • Job interview tomorrow if I get it the odds of making it slim down severely, updates will roll out however!
  • Movieworld is awesome. Also, depending on if we can afford it by then... if we end up going to a theme park, Trance and I will have our son along (if no one minds) and then will take him to do his own thing after an hour or so :)
  • I actually meant Dreamworld. Sorry!
  • Looks like I won't be able to make it.  Sad panda :(
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Noooooooooooooooo :(
  • Weekend of the 16th still the go?

Should be able to get some time off, and its my birthday that weekend, so I'll justify the cost by letting it be a birthday present to myself.

I'll read through the thread and see what the current plans are.

• Weekend of the 16th is still a go!
    Tentative schedule

Friday 15th - I'll drive down and get comfy in my hotel room, maybe meet earlybirds for dinner

Saturday 16th - We'll all meet up. We can meet on the gold coast and people can filter in whatever time they like. We'll make it from lunch onwards, go out for dinner and drinks or just dinner and a round of rambunctious games and mix your own in the hotel room. (I'm thinking Cards against humanity, Twenty Questions|HeadsUp Achaea version, or some abstract game noone really knows we can all drunkenly learn together)

Sunday 17th - Dreamworld. Depending on how many people we have if another person has a car we might all be able to squeeze in and drive there. If not, bus. Nothing like thrill rides and screaming kids when you're hung over. more food and more drinks/chilling out in the hotel room.

Monday 18th - I get kicked out of my hotel room and start driving home. You're all on your own from there on.
  • Sounds great.

Any suggested area to look for a hotel (or hotels to look at)? I haven't been up that way for a while.

• I'm trying to find a place in/near Broadbeach. Close to the arcade and beach and bus stops to get to dreamworld.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I won't be able to attend either. Hope you guys have fun though.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Too bad I won't be able to make it.  Everyone have a lot of fun!  

Maybe it will be possible to organize something else before I get kicked out when my student visa runs out in mid-2017 (or to put it more optimistically, when I finish the damn Ph.D.)

@sylvaria holler if you want to grab a beer next time you visit the uncle in Canblah, likewise for anyone coming down this way (though why you would want to come to this boring  multi-breasted-balloon-whale town... I don't know)
  • I'm keen, confirming Friday-Monday of the 16th? 
  • Wow so many Aussies who play.  I have just started playing Achaea from Lusternia.  Achaea looks to have a lot more Aussies.  Probably won't be able to make this meet but share how it goes.  I'd be keen for future ones.