What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Corbeaux said:
    Atalkez said:

Defile shrines (Ashtan has like 2 because the Order of Babel has said lolno a long long time ago to shrine conflict, and no one in the city gives a shit about Vastar let's be real)

Haha, to be fair, there's like only one (maybe two) characters that can actually raise a Babel shrine due to the upper echelons of the Order being dormant.
    I know how that feels. :)
  • Obviously I need to stop logging into my phone at work - I forgot I journaled in the Eastern Reaches and next thing I know, @Rangor and @Florentino are ganking me.

Thank you for your warm welcome, but you only need one person to gank me. I'm not that terrifying. <3

• And some people think Dragon is still an achievement.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    And some people think Dragon is still an achievement.
    Way to harsh the buzz Sobri

He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Xaden said:
    Sobriquet said:
    And some people think Dragon is still an achievement.
    Way to harsh the buzz Sobri

He isn't wrong, nor was it particularly mean.  Anyone willing to devote 14 hours of their day for 16 days straight deserves dragon, though.  Like. ..do people even sleep. .what about work. .this is insane.  
  • While I agree it's largely a measure of time investment,

let the dude have his victory, damn
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited January 2016
    Aesi said:
    While I agree it's largely a measure of time investment,

let the dude have his victory, damn
    It took me that long just to get from 80 to 81, it's definitely a victory.  Pretty sure that's a record that isn't going to be beaten. 

My ass hurts now, just from imagining sitting for that long. 
  • To be entirely fair though, I had a list of artefacts that I used to "supernoob" my way to dragon:

a ring of endurance                  N/A
     a pair of eagle's wings              N/A
     a Ceylonese ring                     N/A
     a Logosian longsword
     a bull caribou                       N/A
     a Shield of Absorption
    Plus the following appointed to other items:
    constitution(1), criticals(2), faster_extract, health_regen(1), health_sip(2), and reserves(2).

Add to this, that I also had the luck to find enough Lucrescent nuts, and Senastone to keep my skills and willpower topped up as I went would lead me to believe that I very much did this on "easy mode".

• Congrats! I'm having issues just reaching 80.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• First KOTH, albeit a small one. Shaman vs arti serpent/dragon + magi = painful!
    I think I did okay. Sorry @Reiloch / @Elly if my leading was a bit awkward sometimes.
    Kudos to @Aesi and @Lala :)

[spoiler]- 2016/01/31 00:44:01 - Aesi dies, his defences no match for the relentless might of Discordant Ryzeth Ketevah, Esoteric
    Architect in The Theatrum Mortalis.
    - 2016/01/31 00:45:29 - Malogato has been slain by the might of a spearhead shark.
    - 2016/01/31 00:45:56 - Aesi dies, his defences no match for the relentless might of Discordant Ryzeth Ketevah, Esoteric
    - 2016/01/31 00:46:43 - Reiloch dies, features contorted from the poison delivered by Mason Lala Windsong, Shadowed Butterfly
    in The Theatrum Mortalis.
    - 2016/01/31 00:48:11 - Baatti dies, his defences no match for the relentless might of Florentino Milani, Knot of the
    Underwood in The Collosea en Duir.
    - 2016/01/31 00:48:30 - Reiloch dies, features contorted from the poison delivered by Mason Lala Windsong, Shadowed Butterfly
    - 2016/01/31 00:49:59 - Sarya has bled to death.
    - 2016/01/31 00:51:36 - Aesi has fallen victim to the extraordinary powers of Shepherd Reiloch von Messer in The Theatrum
    Mortalis.
    - 2016/01/31 00:52:56 - Aesi dies, his defences no match for the relentless might of Discordant Ryzeth Ketevah, Esoteric
    - 2016/01/31 00:53:35 - Baatti falls to Forestwalker Troven, his body seared to a crisp by electric energy in The Collosea en
    Duir.
    - 2016/01/31 00:53:53 - Everley falls to Forestwalker Troven, her body seared to a crisp by electric energy in The Collosea
    en Duir.
    - 2016/01/31 00:54:04 - Silzy has been slain by the might of a bare-chested sailor.
    - 2016/01/31 00:55:03 - Aesi falls to Sorceress Elly, Winter's Heart, his body seared to a crisp by electric energy in The
    Theatrum Mortalis.
    - 2016/01/31 00:55:36 - Lala dies, her defences no match for the relentless might of Discordant Ryzeth Ketevah, Esoteric
    - 2016/01/31 00:56:18 - Aesi dies, his defences no match for the relentless might of Discordant Ryzeth Ketevah, Esoteric
    - 2016/01/31 00:58:06 - Aesi Jinx, Trial-Elect of Antagony has battered Reiloch to death in The Theatrum Mortalis.
    - 2016/01/31 00:59:34 - Lala dies, her defences no match for the relentless might of Discordant Ryzeth Ketevah, Esoteric
    - 2016/01/31 01:00:00 - Aesi dies, his defences no match for the relentless might of Discordant Ryzeth Ketevah, Esoteric
    - 2016/01/31 01:01:46 - Aesi dies, his defences no match for the relentless might of Discordant Ryzeth Ketevah, Esoteric
    - 2016/01/31 01:02:02 - Lala has fallen victim to the extraordinary powers of Discordant Ryzeth Ketevah, Esoteric Architect
    - 2016/01/31 01:02:13 - Malogato has been beaten to death by a giant sea turtle.
    - 2016/01/31 01:03:52 - Aesi has been slain in The Theatrum Mortalis by Shepherd Reiloch von Messer.
    - 2016/01/31 01:06:28 - Aesi dies, his defences no match for the relentless might of Discordant Ryzeth Ketevah, Esoteric
    - 2016/01/31 01:08:06 - Miriew falls to Forestwalker Troven, his body seared to a crisp by electric energy in The Collosea en
    Duir.
    - 2016/01/31 01:08:23 - Colgano falls to Forestwalker Troven, his body seared to a crisp by electric energy in The Collosea
    en Duir.
    - 2016/01/31 01:08:40 - Aesi has fallen victim to the extraordinary powers of Shepherd Reiloch von Messer in The Theatrum
    Mortalis.
    - 2016/01/31 01:09:19 - Lala dies, her defences no match for the relentless might of Discordant Ryzeth Ketevah, Esoteric
    - 2016/01/31 01:13:12 - Ilena has been slain by the might of a guard of Kirlundin Citadel.
    - 2016/01/31 01:16:12 - Diverium has been slain by the might of a decaying zombie.[spoiler]

• Aesi gets a god damn E for Effort!
  • Aesi, you have failed me
  • I took a shipload with several eager novices out to go seamonster hunting and after about 2 hours of seeing 0 seamonsters.... well. I'm pretty sure they are never going to want to go sailing with me again!  :p

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    The jokes were worth, though!

Although yeah, is there some weird issue with sea monsters? After nearly an hour of looking through areas we had seen them in the past (Sefyric) and not seeing a single one, something feels incredibly off.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I noticed when Gamden and I went sea monster hunting that after killing some neither of us got any experience, but at least the crew did.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• I GOT ALL THE SEA MONSTERS AND ALL THE EXPERIENCE! AHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA!
  • Belahm said:
    Had lots of fun RPing it up with @Quisse today, she's awesome.

Right back at you @Belahm. <3
  • Medi, wearing a voluptuous dress made from the finest cuts of slave meat?

Congrats on your event @kiet, tons of small moving parts to those things
  • Ran a House game that people actually liked, fished up about 150k, finished the preliminary designs for all the rooms in my house, talked to lots of newbies, hung out with momma @Phelia.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    My worst day in Achaea ever. Wish it wasn't real.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Magnar said:
    I have experienced the most weird anti-raid attempt which I have seen until now. Since Magnar is not a combatant, I don't care much about fights in Achaea. However I wanted to defend the city today. We were like 10-15 people in anti-raid team. Raiders were just 3 people and we attacked them with only 2-3 people from the range. Rest of us just sit back and expected not to die. However most of us died and raiders succeeded. And when I asked that why did we attack from the range with a few people instead of charging with whole team, I got a response like "because they attack from the range" from someone.
    I have seen that happen so many times when the defenders are being overly careful. No one wants to be the guy who dragged a raid team into a melee that they ended up losing so people play it too safe some times for fear of being blamed. But the best way to overcome that is to step into those situations and learn from them if you fail. And to do it a lot. I remember dying from being walked into a totem or retardation by all the great raid leaders Mhaldor have had. It never made me think less of them because hey, that is battle. Sometimes you get it wrong. The only time when I have ever gotten frustrated is when people are paralysed by inaction, even though I understand their reasoning.

• edited February 2016
    Probably won't use lesser, being dragon and all.. But played around with Shaman a bit, with their new ability, seems like it could be not that bad now (probably better with int spec, than pure con, but con for combat so...)

Using Garon/Aelkesh invokes for damage reduction / willpower cost reduction. No lessons in philosophy, and I'm basically not using any willpower at all anymore. Maybe with just a very small increase in damage it could be better, but solid so far I think.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/7e385bd3

edit: more realistic, without massive crits

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/f3d256be - still sitting at 99% willpower after this. Rather than using like 10%. (note: 0 willpower lessons / no circlet / no megalth =))

• CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    Resurrected one novice about 7 times due to ritual backfires.  Got blown up by other due to ritual backfire.  Both of them had really good attitudes after their experiences.