In Memoriam

edited January 2016 in North of Thera
So, I think it would be cool to have a place to honor our departed friends memories.

@Kasya ,

You were a ton of fun to play with, and you were someone I was really able to identify with as we had been through a lot of the same stuff. I really enjoyed playing the game with your character and I will miss you D:

Comments

• edited January 2016

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    @Kross, @Ephram, @Kasya, @Vrah, @Seftin (and that's just all who I know of for sure so far)

RIP. :(
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • RIP @Marcen. There will never be another alchemist (like you) again. :(

No seriously, there may never be another alchemist in Targossas besides Quisse again. :anguished: 
  • @Rykar

I do believe that makes you the first Savant to retire. Best of luck with whoever your new character might be.
  • @Kasya and @Lavakhi. Two-thirds of the Shu'in sisters have disappeared. :anguished: I'll miss you both.
  • I'll miss you and the love you put into everything, @Lavakhi
  • @Seftin Retired?He was such a active player and forums contributor..

• Gamden said:
    @Seftin Retired?He was such a active player and forums contributor..
    He did.. and did it without telling anyone... jerk :( 

• Khaibit said:
    Gamden said:
    You should take that mouse's bear, but I am afraid HE hazza sad without it.

But not even an rp goodbye to an IG wife? ouch
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Yeah that's pretty lame to not say anything at all...
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    @Trevize, the Moon wanes...RIP
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Aesi said:
    Khaibit said:
    Gamden said:
    You should take that mouse's bear, but I am afraid HE hazza sad without it.

But not even an rp goodbye to an IG wife? ouch
    They took away his precious class change so he had to raise the stakes to character change.
  • I somehow am not surprised with Seftin suddenly leaving without saying anything.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Omg lavakhi bailed? :(((((((
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Aodfionn said:
    Omg lavakhi bailed? :(((((((
    Yus.

@lavakhi I miss youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

You and your mineral deliveries are the reason that I am dragon and haven't given up.
  • edited February 2016
    so I did a commemoration  for @Comitis

I couldn't find a log, (It was two days ago, and I don't normally log anything at all really)

this is all my input, except for me randomly cussing him out for leaving...

em places a silver candle on the ground, turning to his right he paces out four meters and places another candle on the ground. Pauses a moment, looking around, as he turns right again pacing out another four meters before placing another candle on the ground. Turns right one last time pacing out four more meters before placing the final candle in its spot. He then takes a moment to light them.

em takes several balls of myrrh from his rift, and places them in a circular pattern within the square he has just outlined. He then places several bundles of deadwood with in the circle.

--- Today we, have gathered here to remember a friend to all of us, Comitis Rousseau. Though he may no longer physically walk amongst us, he will forever traverse the expanses of our hearts.

em pauses a moment gathering his thoughts.

--- Comitis and I spoke a lot, he was always coming to me with questions about combat, and would go to him with questions about the Heartwood Kin or Lady Artemis’ Order. We had many great conversations, I will always remember how determined he was in the things he pursued. Let us take a moment to remember him.

em bows his head in silence for a few moments before turning to the pyre, setting it ablaze with his tinderbox.

--- Please feel free to share your memories of Comitis now.  

• Vayne said:
    @Trevize, the Moon wanes...RIP
    Only for a time, old friend.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • RIP Draekar 
  • Draekar said:
    RIP Draekar 
     :( Thank you for your support and your trust. Will be missing you mucho.
  • This retirement thing is bullshit. People get over Achaea, "quit" and come back often. It's not fair to let people liquidate their investment like this.
  • Talysin said:
    This retirement thing is bullshit. People get over Achaea, "quit" and come back often. It's not fair to let people liquidate their investment like this.
    Not fair to who exactly? 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • To the people who ultimately will regret it. I understand why it was implemented, but I'm still annoyed.
  • Daeir said:
    anything involving perceived monetary gain will adversely affect a person's decision to make a proper, well-thought out choice regarding such things.

What we're talking about here is clearly advertised as a 50% loss, and in actuality for most people it's more of a loss than that due the to calculation/exclusion of no-brainer packages and promo stuff, etc. If somebody perceives that as a monetary gain I think that is really on them and not the administration, personally.