Combinations (Nexus)

I'm an S&B Runewarden trying to set up a simple setting for Combinations which will allow me to use variables such as which limbs to target and which attacks to use, but with the ability to use them interchangeably. 

For example:

's rl sh' would equate to 'combination @t slice right leg smash high'

but also still be able to change out certain parts to use the same alias for multiple combinations, instead of having to create an alias for every single limb target and attack combination:

's ll sl' for 'combination @t slice left leg smash low'

and

's h sm' for 'combination @t slice head smash med"

Any idea how to do this in Nexus? I've tried a few different things, and set up variables for each potential combination, but unless I explicitly state the variable in the alias, it doesn't work. I need to be able to specify the variable in the command prompt and have it recognized in the alias.

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I don't do combat that much but I do have most of my aliases set up in game. I'm not a fan of having my client keep re-writing aliases for attacks, so I just went ahead and created them in a way that I'd want to use for variables without all the fuss. When I target someone, it sets both my Mudlet target variable but also the ingame target so you should be able to use &tar to refer to your targets.

If I'm using HEW for example, I have hla, hra, hll, and hrl to target the arms and legs. My aliases for these are:

setalias hla cq all/stand/wield right 294326/battlefury perceive &tar/battlefury focus precision/hew &tar left arm

setalias hra cq all/stand/wield right 294326/battlefury perceive &tar/battlefury focus precision/hew &tar right arm

setalias hll cq all/stand/wield right 294326/battlefury perceive &tar/battlefury focus precision/hew &tar left leg

setalias hrl cq all/stand/wield right 294326/battlefury perceive &tar/battlefury focus precision/hew &tar right leg

It makes use of the ingame targeting and command separation, and I find that such a set up works well for me. The only concern that I see is using things that are already used for something else. 's' for example is for 'south' and is used for your room directions. You'll have to be careful about that when setting up aliases.

Hopefully that helps you a bit. I'm far from an expert though.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    No clue how to do that in Nexus but I highly recommend making two versions of your aliases with and without spaces in each place. On mudlet I just use \s* but it saves your ass when you miss a space at a critical moment. Not sure if there's a Nexus equivalent.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Nexus has regex aliases as well. That being said there have been similar questions and answers see http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/comment/253968/#Comment_253968.
  • I ended up getting fed up with losing my settings all the time and switched to Mudlet on someone's recommendation, but will try to apply that. Thank you for pointing it out.
  • Ok, so trying to learn how to do this on Mudlet. Does this look anywhere close starting out? I'm trying to make it where I can type something like 'c ll hi' to do send("combination "..target.." slice left leg smash hi ").

Pattern: ^c (.w) (.w)$

if matches[2] == "ll" and matches[3] == "hi" then

send("combination "..t.." slice left leg smash hi ")

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Pattern: ^c (h|la|t|ra|la|ll) (hi|mid|low)$
    In the pattern above, you're specifying which bodypart and whether hi, mid or low. If you don't correctly type them, it won't fire.

local bpart = {
    ["ll"] = "left leg",
    ["rl"] = "right leg",
    ["la"] = "left arm",
    ["ra"] = "right arm",
    ["h"]  = "head",
    ["t"]  = "torso",
    }
    send("combination "..target.." slice "..bpart[matches[2]].." smash "..matches[3])

There's a table to translate the shorthand bodyparts into their full versions for the command.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • That seems like a pretty nifty way to do that. I could use that for a few other things too, like archery. Thank you! I need to read up more on if statements apparently as well.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Reading back, I specified la twice in the first part, missing rl!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."