Memorable quotes

Comments

• Man, didn't realise I should be killing everyone who delivers skirmishers after the fight ends. Good to know.
  • Achilles said:
    I count 7 raiders (the minimum is 5), also I remember seeing Xenomorph on deathsight.  All you really need to do is rush a few times to stop the summoning.  
    Yeah, Xeno showed up after 2 people left.  I guess that would matter if he had a system.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Tanris said:
    Man, didn't realise I should be killing everyone who delivers skirmishers after the fight ends. Good to know.
    Totally non-involved party steals Darroth's body is different.  Maybe I should have all templars with falcons whether defending or not just try to falcon bodies whenever possible.
    Jarrod said:
    Achilles said:
    Tanris viciously seizes Darroth in his jaws, tossing him effortlessly into the air before catching 
    him in a second bite.
    Darroth has been slain by Tanris.
    A group of 3 slippery elms falls from Darroth's corpse.
    A valerian leaf falls from Darroth's corpse.
    A piece of kelp falls from Darroth's corpse.
    A bloodroot leaf falls from Darroth's corpse.
    Tanris gloats about his success.

Old news. You'd probably have noticed earlier if you didn't disappear the instant you had more than one person to attack in-room.

This hurts coming from someone who has been leaning on earrings for so long.  
  • I don't think you can call it theft unless he took something that belonged to you from you.

• Cahin said:
    I don't think you can call it theft unless he took something that belonged to you from you.
    Once it's on the ground, it's free game. I remember this from a few issues some forestals had about having to drop their pots to brew, and random idiots stealing the pot when it was done before they could get it. The ruling from the issue was, "it's on the ground, it's not theft."
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Personally, I consider my body one of my prized possessions. Try not to go anywhere without it.

But I don't get it, seems perfectly reasonable to me. Taking allied corpses back will get them rezzed faster, stealing enemy corpses slows down rezzing. Both of those directly influence the situation of the combat.

It's not like dying once or twice is going to ruin your gameplay experience anyway. Takes hardly any time to pray, there's virtually no experience loss and so on, so forth.

So how are you guys doin'?
  • edited September 2012
    Achilles said:
    Maybe I should have all templars with falcons whether defending or not just try to falcon bodies whenever possible.

I don't understand why you haven't been doing this already.
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • edited September 2012
    Peak, you've been auto-retrieving bodies while auto-forging for so long that you should accept some consequences.

Edit: Corrected, I always confuse you and Salik.
  • Pk lawyer time.

Stealing a corpse (under any circumstance) does grant cause: for a total of one minute. You may theoretically hire (if you do it within that one minute time period). But who really cares about the technical details. Honestly I'm cool with you wanting to pick up a cheap kill (assuming it was you who hired), but don't try to justify it :P

• ^Adendum: especially don't try to justify it while border raiding.

• Tanris, I'm fine with occasional PITA, but you know very well that he's an important part of the raid. Essentially, a raider without having to leave the forge.
  • Defender*.

I'm told there's a distinction.

• Ah, I assumed Ashtan was raiding since attempts to raid Ashtan occur once in a blue moon.
  • Na, Shallam came to pay us a visit (which was fun, btw).

• Aww, at least they tried!

- 2012/09/01 12:15:36 - Ashden has been slain by the might of General Sohl Vallah, Herald of Ruin.
    - 2012/09/01 12:15:41 - Kendrick has been slain by the might of General Sohl Vallah, Herald of Ruin.
    - 2012/09/01 12:15:48 - Halos has been slain by the might of Sempai Nemutaur Rousseau.
    - 2012/09/01 12:15:50 - Sothantos has been slain by the might of General Sohl Vallah, Herald of Ruin.
    - 2012/09/01 12:15:53 - Sothantos has been slain by the might of Sempai Nemutaur Rousseau.
    - 2012/09/01 12:15:56 - Kalush has been slain by the might of Private Thiev Fuil'gra.
    - 2012/09/01 12:15:58 - Halos has been slain by the might of Ascendant Tanris Rozzan, Implement of the Abyss.
    - 2012/09/01 12:27:12 - Sothantos has been slain by the might of General Sohl Vallah, Herald of Ruin.
    - 2012/09/01 12:27:24 - Kendrick has been slain by the might of Ascendant Tanris Rozzan, Implement of the Abyss.
    - 2012/09/01 12:28:37 - In a blaze of white flame, Kalush Vorondil has melted Tanris's flesh from his bones.
    - 2012/09/01 12:29:09 - Kalush has been slain by the might of General Sohl Vallah, Herald of Ruin.
    - 2012/09/01 12:29:22 - Ashden has been slain by the might of Ascendant Tanris Rozzan, Implement of the Abyss.
    - 2012/09/01 12:30:16 - Achilles has been slain by the might of Private Thiev Fuil'gra.
    - 2012/09/01 12:30:27 - Achilles has been slain by the might of Private Thiev Fuil'gra.
  • Peak's obnoxious falcon retrieving has earned him a few ganks. If you're gonna get involved in conflict, get involved and put yourself at risk, plz.

• Cahin said:

Hunter Mephaos Vorondil, Sentinel Raven stands here, eyes focused intently on the empty space before him. His face is 
    partially concealed beneath a raised hood. He wields a wyvern-etched druidic quarterstaff in both 
    hands. Oaken Hand Narcos, Monachus Natura stands here, eyes focused intently on the empty space 
    before him. He wields a Shield of Absorption in his left hand and Babel's Fury in his right. 
    Druidess Indaba Le'Murzen stands here, eyes focused intently on the empty space before her. She 
    wields a wyvern-etched druidic quarterstaff in both hands. Sir Gyrth Shiva, the Ithmian Knight 
    stands here, eyes focused intently on the empty space before him. His face is partially concealed 
    beneath a raised hood. He wields a Lupine bow in both hands. Yiwen Windsong stands here, eyes 
    focused intently on the empty space before him. He wields an iron-tipped whip in each hand. Captain 
    Delphinus Windancer, the Gatecrasher stands here, eyes focused intently on the empty space before 
    him. He wields an ebony quarterstaff inlaid with silver in both hands. Blackthorn General Jhui Ta'sa,
     Archsentinel is here. He wields a Lupine bow in both hands.

Archbishop Nizaris Xanatov, of the Black Cathedral            2  On  Apostate
    Archbishop Tiamat Lichlord-Blades, Knight of Mhaldor          5  On  Infernal
    Droch Zilphir                                                 1  On  Apostate
    Tyrannus Kaevan Lichlord                                      6  On  Alchemist
    Naga Antidas D'Ischai, Cultist of Vengeance                   3  On  Serpent
    Blade Savant Katzchen Xanatov, Squire of Sir Tiamat           2  On  Infernal
    Overlord Malifuus                                             6  On  Jester
    Minion Reprobate Cahin                                        2  On  Monk

gitr done
    No reason to let all of those arties go to waste!
  • Jhui said:
    Hunter Mephaos Vorondil, Sentinel Raven stands here, eyes focused intently on the empty space before him. His face is 
    partially concealed beneath a raised hood. He wields a wyvern-etched druidic quarterstaff in both 
    hands. Oaken Hand Narcos, Monachus Natura stands here, eyes focused intently on the empty space 
    before him. He wields a Shield of Absorption in his left hand and Babel's Fury in his right. 
    Druidess Indaba Le'Murzen stands here, eyes focused intently on the empty space before her. She 
    wields a wyvern-etched druidic quarterstaff in both hands. Sir Gyrth Shiva, the Ithmian Knight 
    stands here, eyes focused intently on the empty space before him. His face is partially concealed 
    beneath a raised hood. He wields a Lupine bow in both hands. Yiwen Windsong stands here, eyes 
    focused intently on the empty space before him. He wields an iron-tipped whip in each hand. Captain 
    Delphinus Windancer, the Gatecrasher stands here, eyes focused intently on the empty space before 
    him. He wields an ebony quarterstaff inlaid with silver in both hands. Blackthorn General Jhui Ta'sa,
     Archsentinel is here. He wields a Lupine bow in both hands.

Archbishop Nizaris Xanatov, of the Black Cathedral            2  On  Apostate
    Archbishop Tiamat Lichlord-Blades, Knight of Mhaldor          5  On  Infernal
    Droch Zilphir                                                 1  On  Apostate
    Tyrannus Kaevan Lichlord                                      6  On  Alchemist
    Naga Antidas D'Ischai, Cultist of Vengeance                   3  On  Serpent
    Blade Savant Katzchen Xanatov, Squire of Sir Tiamat           2  On  Infernal
    Overlord Malifuus                                             6  On  Jester
    Minion Reprobate Cahin                                        2  On  Monk

gitr done
    No reason to let all of those arties go to waste!
    share pl0x

• ...I missed a raid defense?

fuuuuuuuuuuuu. I'm never gonna get another chance.
    edited September 2012
    Thaumas said:
    Aww, at least they tried!

- 2012/09/01 12:15:36 - Ashden has been slain by the might of General Sohl Vallah, Herald of Ruin.
    - 2012/09/01 12:15:41 - Kendrick has been slain by the might of General Sohl Vallah, Herald of Ruin.
    - 2012/09/01 12:15:48 - Halos has been slain by the might of Sempai Nemutaur Rousseau.
    - 2012/09/01 12:15:50 - Sothantos has been slain by the might of General Sohl Vallah, Herald of Ruin.
    - 2012/09/01 12:15:53 - Sothantos has been slain by the might of Sempai Nemutaur Rousseau.
    - 2012/09/01 12:15:56 - Kalush has been slain by the might of Private Thiev Fuil'gra.
    - 2012/09/01 12:15:58 - Halos has been slain by the might of Ascendant Tanris Rozzan, Implement of the Abyss.
    - 2012/09/01 12:27:12 - Sothantos has been slain by the might of General Sohl Vallah, Herald of Ruin.
    - 2012/09/01 12:27:24 - Kendrick has been slain by the might of Ascendant Tanris Rozzan, Implement of the Abyss.
    - 2012/09/01 12:28:37 - In a blaze of white flame, Kalush Vorondil has melted Tanris's flesh from his bones.
    - 2012/09/01 12:29:09 - Kalush has been slain by the might of General Sohl Vallah, Herald of Ruin.
    - 2012/09/01 12:29:22 - Ashden has been slain by the might of Ascendant Tanris Rozzan, Implement of the Abyss.
    - 2012/09/01 12:30:16 - Achilles has been slain by the might of Private Thiev Fuil'gra.
    - 2012/09/01 12:30:27 - Achilles has been slain by the might of Private Thiev Fuil'gra.
    FYI, the above was within Shallam

The border raiding was a little better but it was Silas, Sothantos, Darroth and I versus Tanris, Hirst, Lianca and Jarrod.  Once Nemutaur, Sohl, Thiev, Earionduil also joined in not so good.
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    Just to nitpick, Jarrod, Hirst and I had left before the in-Shallam skirmishing. I got bored and went off to sea.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
    Right, I think Silas and Darroth left as well.  Anyways it was really 2 different group with a couple of holdovers on each side.
  • Troubadour called me fat in Cyrene. many Lolz. Mean new forums wouldn't let me paste no matter how much I cut it down. Hence, a pastebin link!

• Yeah, the in-Shallam skirmish only had Tanris, Earionduil, Sohl, Thiev and myself.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited September 2012
    Man, those troubadours are awful. Awfully hilarious.

Last one that talked to me asked me to turn around to see if I had a pretty rear-end or not. Melodie scowled and threatened to tell his mother, but OOCly I laughed so, so much.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Silas said:
    Peak's obnoxious falcon retrieving has earned him a few ganks. If you're gonna get involved in conflict, get involved and put yourself at risk, plz.
    I've already been ganked at least 6 times for this. Hiring is just hilarious. If Achilles were to jump me like he's done before, and I end up dying, typically get over it. Sometimes I hire once, sometimes I say, "Curse you!!!", but I've never issued.
    Lies about me jumping you.  The only time I can remember jumping anyone was Mizik and someone else in Annwyn with Naisar.  We got Mizik and then Tanris and someone else show up and crushed us (well me, Naisar got away).
  • What's the proportion of ganks to bodies snatched, would you say? I imagine it would still come out heavily in your favour.

• edited September 2012
    I get a body maybe 1/35 times I try and out of that, 7/10 are Ashtani bodies. I've been ganked -at least- 6 times (more than 6 deaths, just 6 separate occasions). P.S. Tanris's body doesn't belong to you and never did, sorry.
    Jumping me with 4 of your closest friends is still jumping me, ganking too, but jumping first.