Mudlet questions & answers!

edited August 2012 in Client Help
Have a question? Ask!

Have an answer? Answer!

Simply concept really. Give it a try if you need anything :)

Remember to check the wiki for an intro to Mudlet as well as the full manual.

Comments

• I'll just ask to be sure: is it impossible to rebind PgUp and PgDwn? Or is there some weirdass workaround I may have missed?
  • edited August 2012
    Don't think so - keys that are used by UI things are given priority at the moment over what Mudlet does. Rebinding your PgUp and PgDown would kill your scrolling.
  • Is there a way to customize logging, short of writing my own logging script? For example, adding timestamps to logs, custom preambles/postambles/filenames, custom log location, etc?

Speaking of log location, how can I specify a custom home directory for a Mudlet profile? I'm using Windows XP and I don't want to use my system home directory (C:/Documents and Settings/User) for Mudlet files.
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    This has more to do with SVO than with Mudlet in particular, but we don't have an SVO questions thread.

Similar to @Kathva's question, along logging.

1. I currently use a little script to display tells, says, house chat, market chat, clans, deathsight, emotes, etc in a little window. I also use SVO's built in logger. Unfortunately, SVO won't log what has been pulled into the miniconsole. Does SVO have a function that I can use to write this chatter into the log?
    2. A suggestion on the SVO logger: instead of having to stop the log, open a browser, hit Ctrl-S, and rename the file in order to save it; please make the startlog or stoplog alias accept a file name. Also, perhaps make it respect some sort of format. I like to save my logs in the format: YYMMDDhhmm, eg. 1208231415.html would be 8/23/12 @ 2:15PM. So, stoplog could take a format string like the one that I provided, and then intelligently figure out the rest.
    Thanks, @Vadimuses, for your time! And, enjoy your vacation.
  • how do you reset pipes on svo my old pipes decayed and it keeps trying to light the old ones can anyone help?
  • Do you have pipelist in vision? If so, do that, otherwise, you can set them manually with "vconfig elmid ...", vconfig skullcapid ... and vconfig valerianid ...
  • i just need to know if there is a trick to getting something along the lines of:

you get %w arrows from quiver

to fire off a response.

@Zekk: assuming that the line is "You get # arrows from a quiver.", you would use the following regex:

^You get (\d+) arrows from a quiver\.$

The (\d+) captures number. (\w+) captures a single word, as delineated by spaces on either side.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    I want to use Mudlet, I really do, but switching from the ease of Zscript to Lua has me completely lost. I cannot figure for the life of me how to work my variables and get them stored between sessions for the life of me.
  • @Vayne variables are kind of easy if you were on cmud... instead of @variable it's ..variable

or whatever the wildcard thing was it's ..matches[2]

(took me -forever- to figure that much out)

Though I don't really know how to make them save between sessions, I hope that helps a little! It took me a long time to figure this stuff out, and I'm still learning!
    meh

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Thanks, I understand that much, but say I want to wear my good scalemail, How do I save its ID between sessions, do you just have to have some kind of trigger to check all your variables upon login/room entry/SC/etc?
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Not a trigger but a script. Go to scripts and add one called "my own variables" and in it put "myscalemail = xxxxx". Then you can use "..myscalemail" as your variable in aliases and triggers.
  •  @Vayne You can do what Oceana said with using a script containing variables that can then be used in other aliases (likely the easier method but changing variables has to be done manually) or if you want to go a little more complicated you can also use tables that store values that can be saved and loaded when needed. I believe its table.save(file,table) and table.load(file,table) for storing and loading the table, and the mudlet manual goes over how to add variables and their values to a table. Near the beginning of the mudlet manual is a section called saving variables which explains it all.
  • Anyone knows how to fix the map?

I'm doing this and not working:

rl
    (mapper): Room: Ascending the Shallam Road #: 2050 area: Shallam, the City of (19)
    (mapper): Coordinates: x:7, y:-3, z:0, locked: nope, weight: 1
    (mapper): Environment: Urban (8)
    (mapper): Exits (5):
      south -> Zanzibaar Street (2119)
      east -> Just Goods (3551)
      north -> Before the Shallam gate (2054)
      southeast -> Shallam Road (2056)
      west -> The Asp's Fang (5491)
    (mapper): Stuff you can do:
      Clear all labels (in area) (whole map)
      Check for all updates (force map)

--click force map--

(mapper): version 12.8.1.
    (mapper): Re-downloading the latest map... please make sure you have the map open.
    (mapper): The public map was updated (changelog)
    (mapper): Downloading the latest public map... please make sure you have the map open.

and then:

(mapper): Map downloaded, loading it in...
    (mapper): Map loaded fine - enjoy!
    (mapper): Locking all wormholes...
    (mapper): Locked 0 known wormholes.
    (mapper): Unlocking all sewer grates...
    (mapper): Unlocked 0 known sewer grates.
    (mapper): Marks from the old map migrated successfully.

any hints?

Thanks!

• QwindorQwindor Fort Riley
    @goggo contact me in game later and get teamviewer and i should be able to fix it for you

Hrm. I can't seem to install the latest update of Mudlet on my Ubuntu. I have the ppa repository noted in my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mudlet-makers-ppa-precise.list, but Ubuntu seems to be defaulting to the outdated version in the Ubuntu Universe repository. When I perform sudo apt-get update, I notice that the ppa is ignored. Anyone have any ideas?
  • I'm having trouble getting GMCP to work. Even just trying to make a prompt capture trigger fails, though I copied the code exactly from the GMCP tutorial on the achaea site.

When I open the debug console the GMCP system messages do not appear on the main screen or anywhere. Is there something I'm missing here?
  • Having... erm... fun with databases.

Trying to recreate & improve upon my wormhole tracking that I had in Zmud, and having to use databases for the sake of indexing and queries, and having the following problem.

this is what I'm using to create the db:

db:create("warpdb",

{

test = {

startroomnum = 0,

startroom = "",

endroom = "",

endarea = "",

_index = {"startroom", "endarea"},

_unique = {{"startroom", "endroom"}},

_violations = "IGNORE"

}

})

And it's throwing me this:

--> Bad index startroom

And then allowing duplicate entries that the _unique line should forbid.

Anyone got suggestions?

• Cadoran said:
    I'm having trouble getting GMCP to work. Even just trying to make a prompt capture trigger fails, though I copied the code exactly from the GMCP tutorial on the achaea site.

When I open the debug console the GMCP system messages do not appear on the main screen or anywhere. Is there something I'm missing here?
    Going to go out on a limb here, did you check Enable GMCP in the settings window and restart mudlet?
  • Cadoran said:
    I'm having trouble getting GMCP to work. Even just trying to make a prompt capture trigger fails, though I copied the code exactly from the GMCP tutorial on the achaea site.

Going to go out on a limb here, did you check Enable GMCP in the settings window and restart mudlet?
    Upon further investigation after your comment, I was using an outdated version of the program. All is well now. Thanks
    Nizaris said:
    Hrm. I can't seem to install the latest update of Mudlet on my Ubuntu. I have the ppa repository noted in my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mudlet-makers-ppa-precise.list, but Ubuntu seems to be defaulting to the outdated version in the Ubuntu Universe repository. When I perform sudo apt-get update, I notice that the ppa is ignored. Anyone have any ideas?
    Ok. So, I decided that I would try to manually download the .deb from the PPA, but it's not there. I would compile mudlet from source (which is there), but I always have trouble tracking down the proper libraries compiling mudlet, and either making sure that they are in the proper locations or placing symlinks to the proper locations.
  • Some while ago I saw a thread on the old forums about "What your mudlet looks like" and it was just a bunch of people showing off their different mudlet backgrounds and stuff of that nature. I was curious as to how that was done and if anyone would mind helping me set something like that up, or at least directing me to a page that could help with something like that. Also, if someone would be so kind as to direct me to a chatbox type thing that I could put into my scripts so I can have one of those as well.

- 2014/05/13 03:37:22 - Jhui dies gasping for breath, asphyxiated by the power of Hanley Silverstorm's kai.

SerpentKai Go!

@Hanley:

GUI stuff with Geyser (default UI API, less powerful, but more mature): http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Lua_Functions#UI_Functions
    More GUI stuff, with Vyzor (which I feel is a less mature API): http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/VyzorGuide

Various Geyser Examples and Threads:

Various Vyzor Examples and Threads:

Note that one can really only use -either- Geyser or Vyzor. I myself use Geyser.
  • edited September 2012
    Not sure where this problem could happen, but when I do QW on mudlet, the guides and divine show up as the same color as everyone else. Perhaps I am just a peer to the divine, but I would still like them yellow/green to keep me humble. What is wrong? How do I fix it?

please @Peak with an answer, I rarely check this wing of Forums Manor
  • @Peak: Do you perhaps have some highlighting script for enemies/citizens or so that may be overwriting the default colouring?
  • if I do, it doesn't work and I've never seen it. I'll do some digging.
  • The fact that they're underlined really suggests that one of your scripts is altering the display.
  • they're underlined because you can click to honours
  • Peak said:
    they're underlined because you can click to honours
    Ah, in this case MXP is the source of your troubles. You have it turned on, which enables the honours-on-clicking, but at the same time it seems to make the colouring on wholists not work correctly. Can't check right now if that's a Mudlet issue or a bug in Achaea.

For the time being, you'll have to decide whether to disable MXP (config mxp off) or live with it. I never saw MXP as needed, myself.